Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2016, 08:23 PM   #1

Edit Problem

In the past two days when I do a 'reply' it doesn't appear. I have to exit the thread and come back into it to see my reply.

Then when I want to edit a reply the little bar showing 'bold, italic, etc. symbols appears but not my post that I'm trying to edit.

Even if I exit and come back, I still cannot edit - just that little formatting bar appears.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2016, 11:53 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
In the past two days when I do a 'reply' it doesn't appear. I have to exit the thread and come back into it to see my reply.

Then when I want to edit a reply the little bar showing 'bold, italic, etc. symbols appears but not my post that I'm trying to edit.

Even if I exit and come back, I still cannot edit - just that little formatting bar appears.
We have not received any other similar complaints.

These all sound like sub-processes within your web browser, having issues...so it is a first step/good idea to clear your cookies and temporary internet files, shut-down the browser, and compete a system restart on the computer.

Best luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 11:56 AM   #3
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
How are you accessing the site....phone/pad/computer? I know it sounds silly, but have you deleted cookies/cleared your cache? Sometimes a corrupt cookie causes problems.

Lori-

P.S. Steve beat me to it.
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 04:17 PM   #4

I'm accessing via a desk computer as I always do.

My way around it today is to hit the 'Edit' button twice and then the Edit screen appears with my post.

Now, sometimes when I post a reply it shows up right away and other times I have to go out of the forum and come back in to have it show.

I also get the above extra spacing so I have to go into Edit and take them out.
Old 08-02-2016, 10:52 AM   #5

Well...I have continuously had the above problem. I worked around it by hitting the 'Edit' button twice to get rid of the formatting bar (bold, etc).

For the past year or so I also get the double spacing as seen in my above post. I usually go back in and take out the extra spaces but don't always think about doing so, especially now since it's extra steps to do an edit.

Yesterday, a new problem arose....when I hit the Edit button the 'Ali Express' ad appears.

I have absolutely no problems on any other site. Please don't tell me to delete cookies. This does not solve anything.