Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-10-2012, 11:55 AM   #43

The problems with incorrectly formatted messages is still going on. I hope it is being worked on as it is getting pretty frustrating trying to read messages with all the lines connected. It appears that I only have the problem when using Microsoft Outlook. It does not seem to matter which version (2003, 2007 or 2010). IRV2 is also the only site causing formatting problems on several of my PCs so it appears that it is not a problem on my side. Works OK on my smartphones.

Sad support that RV2 is getting from their service provider.

This is what the messages look like:

Dear Harry B, dsteploc has just created a new thread titled - Intermittent electical problems - in the Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum forum of iRV2 Forums, which you have subscribed to. This thread is located at: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/inte...ml#post1053279 Here is the message that has just been posted: *************** I have an Aspect 2006 with electrical problems. Intermittent. Have brand new batteries everywhere and fully charged. All 12v & 110V are working fine when I hook up to land. I disconnect from Land... loose all power (Aux switch panel inside door has to be turned back on. Sometimes have to hold the switch in the on position to get 12v again. On the road all is well, start to turn on the generator loose all power. Have to Flip Aux switch to get power again. Immediately after that I can not turn on a light without loosing power. Boondocking, tv is on,when I turn it off . Have to reset Aux Switch. Techs fixed possible shorting wires in the Chassis and House 12V Circuit Breakers behind cover panel in cargo compartment some wires/screws touching the "silver metal piece" converter? Have had waer leakage problems into the compartment, but it is totally dried & still does this. Please help *************** There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications unless you additionally subscribe to the thread. All the best, iRV2 Forums ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Unsubscription information: To unsubscribe from this forum visit the following link: http://www.irv2.com/forums/subscript...?do=usub&f=101

Harry B is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2012, 12:00 PM   #44

I use Outlook Express and they are coming thru fine for me. I am getting duplicated, but I think that is Cox Communication's problem.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:48 PM   #45

Monaco Owners Club
Like many others I use Outlook and have been waiting since last Nov (2011) for a resolution. So far it hasn't happened and I can't help but wonder why we don't even receive a progress report about a fix.

Along with many others I find myself ignoring email notifications of posts because of the hoops required to access through email.

I'm not alone in the frustration of setting up email notifications without the ability to follow through when we receive them.

Other than the email problem, iRV2 remains one of the best sources of information on the web.

2008 HR Endeavor (DIP) PDQ
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:49 PM   #46

Dunner, I would switch to something else like Outlook Express but I believe on Windows Vista, Microsoft no longer includes Outlook Express with the Windows OS.

I have used Outlook ever since it first came out and have saved many emails in Outlook along with Forum discussions that I found interesting for future reference. I would loose all this reference material and that would be a shame. IRV2's search facility is not always the most accommodating in finding what you are looking for, which is why I started cataloging unique discussion points for possible future reference. I have it all catagorized by discussion focus and I don't want to loose that. So it would be great if we get legible emails for Outlook again.
Harry B is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:55 PM   #47

Outlook has a bug that won't save the password in Vista and 7. You only have to enter it once per session, but it is still a pain.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:16 PM   #48

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Folks,
As you are all aware the link problem is still with us. We haven't as yet pinpointed the problem but we have tried a few solutions that we thought might work. We are continuing to work on the problem but in the mean time we would appreciate your patience until a solution is found at which time we will post an announcement.

Thanks for understanding.
RJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:24 PM   #49
CD

I still don't get Emails but have learned to use "userCP" & "new posts" to find most of what I want (and more). UserCp gets all the new posts for subscribed threads in one place. I think that is working better for me so I'm not missing the Emails loading up my Email file.

'01 3500 Ram QC HO 6sp. BD Exhaust Brake
CD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:49 AM   #50
CD

YAAA
I just got an update Email and it works. First one since Oct. 31.
Good job whoever is responsible.

'01 3500 Ram QC HO 6sp. BD Exhaust Brake
CD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:54 AM   #51
IC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD View Post
YAAA
I just got an update Email and it works. First one since Oct. 31.
Good job whoever is responsible.
Yep - me too. Gonna miss that extra step ----- NOT !!!
Old 01-16-2012, 06:46 PM   #52

Country Coach Owners Club
Yeah boy! Mine's working too.

Thanks all,
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, 2012 Cherokee Overland
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:59 PM   #53

Monaco Owners Club
A cautious "Me too".

2008 HR Endeavor (DIP) PDQ
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:06 AM   #54

I occasionally get triple email notifications for any thread I am subscribed to. I think it is my ISP causing it, but I'm not sure. It could be a mod testing changes.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:56 AM   #55

Gulf Streamers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I am using Outlook 2007 on Win 7-64. My e-mail notifications have returned to normal. Today is the second day and all is good. Thanks to the ones who fixed it!

I have noticed one strange property of the current setup. I have my own domain names, and assign a unique contact e-mail address to each of the different forums I visit. It makes it easy to sort mail and shows instantly if my address is shared with a third party. Mine here has been IRV2@my domain name.net (example). About 3 months ago I stopped receiving notices completely. I unsubscribed, then re-subscribed to my favorite forums and received a notice of my subscription. I received one day's notices and then nothing. I went through the process again, but changed my address to IRV2@my domain name.com (note the change from .net to .com). Again a notice and one day's updates and then nothing. Finally I changed my address to RVForum@my domain name.net and it works fine. Before this I had used my old IRV2 address for years.

It took several weeks of detective work to uncover this. Something in this setup must think an address with IRV2 in it is suspect.

At any rate, things are working fine now format wise.
HarleyWJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:38 AM   #56
IC2

Evidently too good to last - not many subscriptions (184 currently) but it was nice for a couple of days. Back to User CP to check if I have any responses