Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-29-2019, 05:03 PM   #29

I own an Alpine and will go on record welcoming any and all help from any source. Once you get outside the Vansco system on 2004+ coaches, the hydraulic disc brakes, and the Peak chassis, there is not too much that is more proprietary to Alpine than may be proprietary to other brands.

I never paint people with a broad brush, and I would hope the owners of other brands would not do so to Alpine owners, either.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-29-2019, 10:06 PM   #30
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
I would caution members to be sure to abide by our Community Rules when posting. You all agreed to them when you registered.

If we find harassing posts in forums, they will be removed & action taken with that member.

Lori-
Old 05-29-2019, 10:40 PM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I've been totally ignored on another "Brand Forum" several times and decided not to respond to any of their questions even if I know the correct answer.

I mentioned the brand to my wife and she remembered being in an RV park 13 years ago when the "Brand" was having a get together and none of them would talk to us.

It wasn't Alpine.
Old 06-02-2019, 03:25 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdracr39 View Post
OK so I am sure I'm not the only one but over the course of my rv adventure I have owned a TT, a 5'er, and now a DP. I am a reasonably intelligent guy and learn fast even if just from reading here. As is common I start my morning reading the new posts from across all the specific forums and try to provide insight and gain knowledge no matter in which "brand" the question was posted. Many times I don't really notice the specific forum the question was posted in if I feel like I have information that could be helpful. I am aware and and accepting that sometimes I am wrong and that sometimes those that are wrong won't accept it so I just provide what I know and carry on. Recently though I received a private message from someone telling me I was "disingenuous" for posting a suggestion in the apparently very special "Alpine" forum. His comment was that basically their units are special and no general information applies so I should not post there since I don't own one. Am I stepping over the line by trying to provide help to those in "brand" forums that I do not own? I know sometimes there a brand specific items that I have no idea on so I don't have any valuable input and don't attempt to provide any. But really, I can't post about a door stop because Alpines are "special ?"
I own an Alpine and visit lots of different forums, not just Alpine. I am always grateful for the tips and info I find. Alpines are a little different than most coaches, but a lot of the troubleshooting tips still apply. Whoever gave you a hard time is a jerk and doesn't deserve a second thought.
Old 06-02-2019, 03:32 PM   #33

Newmar Owners Club
All - I sent the OP a PM, why, because Alpines are weird, they DO NOT match any other motorhome, and if you owned one, you would know this. I do, and they are weird, just when you think you got something figured out, it throws a wrench your way. They were built with there own chassis called the Peak Chassis. When WRV went Bust, Tiffin hired the guy who designed it, and they now make it under a different name, with different front end. The alpine was designed to drive just like a BMW, they do, in fact, the headlights are the same as in BMW's. The plumbing is different, better connections I think, but designed weird, they have hydraulic operated storage bays in some cases, an electrically operated generator slide which also hides fuel fill. Ford A/C controls, just different stuff, put together in such a way, to NOT BE LIKE ANY OTHER MH. So read to your hearts delight, but trying to help Alpine owner is fraught with ignorance, and could actually make the owner burn something up. I speak from experience, I own one.
Old 06-02-2019, 03:42 PM   #34
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
OMG Seriously ??????? Another "Alpine Owner" just called me out again on private message about how truly special Alpines are and I haven't even posted anything else. I DO NOT CARE HOW SPECIAL YOUR PRECIOUS ALPINES ARE! WTH is wrong with these people. This time it was a previously respected by me member that has many posts. I know not everyone there is this way but I promise to anyone else that owns an Alpine that is offended by us lowly Monaco/Beaver owners posting in their forum I will never do it again under any circumstances and I would appreciate it if you would just choose to ignore my profile instead of sending me asinine PM's. I don't want or need your advice or opinion.

Oh and BTW MR Old Rver you can't talk about my ignorance in a post then tell me no disrespect intended in a PM. It don't work that way. Please utilize the ignore feature on me also.
Old 06-02-2019, 03:42 PM   #35

Alpine Owners Club
Like you I have owned TT, 5th wheel and now DP which happens to be an Alpine. On the whole I do find the owner forum to be a wealth of information and do from time to time see comments like the ones you mention and each time I do I just bristle at those responses.

Only once did I agree with such a response when one of the non Alpine posters was suggesting that an Alpine owner who was having braking problems should make sure they had adequate air pressure as air brakes need pressure to work

I personally welcome any and all participation in the forum and feel I learn so much about general systems by reading through the "New Posts"section
Quote:
OK so I am sure I'm not the only one but over the course of my rv adventure I have owned a TT, a 5'er, and now a DP. I am a reasonably intelligent guy and learn fast even if just from reading here. As is common I start my morning reading the new posts from across all the specific forums and try to provide insight and gain knowledge no matter in which "brand" the question was posted. Many times I don't really notice the specific forum the question was posted in if I feel like I have information that could be helpful. I am aware and and accepting that sometimes I am wrong and that sometimes those that are wrong won't accept it so I just provide what I know and carry on. Recently though I received a private message from someone telling me I was "disingenuous" for posting a suggestion in the apparently very special "Alpine" forum. His comment was that basically their units are special and no general information applies so I should not post there since I don't own one. Am I stepping over the line by trying to provide help to those in "brand" forums that I do not own? I know sometimes there a brand specific items that I have no idea on so I don't have any valuable input and don't attempt to provide any. But really, I can't post about a door stop because Alpines are "special ?"
2006 Alpenlite 32RL - Sold
Old 06-02-2019, 04:25 PM   #36

Old people !

There are a lot of old people on these forums. I can say this because "I am one". Some of us tend to be a bit more finicky than necessary. It's a shame that we all don't get wiser as we go along.
Old 06-02-2019, 04:48 PM   #37

What is an Alpine??
Old 06-02-2019, 05:06 PM   #38

Quote:
OMG Seriously ??????? Another "Alpine Owner" just called me out again on private message about how truly special Alpines are and I haven't even posted anything else. I DO NOT CARE HOW SPECIAL YOUR PRECIOUS ALPINES ARE! WTH is wrong with these people. This time it was a previously respected by me member that has many posts. I know not everyone there is this way but I promise to anyone else that owns an Alpine that is offended by us lowly Monaco/Beaver owners posting in their forum I will never do it again under any circumstances and I would appreciate it if you would just choose to ignore my profile instead of sending me asinine PM's. I don't want or need your advice or opinion.

Oh and BTW MR Old Rver you can't talk about my ignorance in a post then tell me no disrespect intended in a PM. It don't work that way. Please utilize the ignore feature on me also.

spdracr39
I will gladly join you in the 'Ignore Group'
One only needs to click on my handle 'Old Biscuit'---scroll down to 'add to Ignore List' DONE

And thanks for pointing out the 'elitist' attitudes
Old 06-02-2019, 05:17 PM   #39
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
I would caution members to be sure to abide by our Community Rules when posting. You all agreed to them when you registered.

If we find harassing posts in forums, they will be removed & action taken with that member.

Lori-
Could you please just lock and or delete this thread. It isn't positive for the community and my latest response should not have been posted. I was just completely rubbed the wrong way and couldn't believe it happened a second time. I apologize for even bringing it up. Next time I will just utilize the ignore tools available and move on.
Old 06-02-2019, 05:52 PM   #40

Freightliner Owners Club
You are not wrong and I doubt that any other brand owners feel that way. One bad apple.
I’m for copying and posting your PM back on their forum. Other owners wont respond in a similar manner.
I’m impressed at how polite you are about it! We need people like you.
Old 06-02-2019, 06:36 PM   #41

I always liked the special students in school. They had their own rooms and then 'mainstreamed'. I think that 'stream' lead them to Alpine.....
Old 06-02-2019, 07:39 PM   #42

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
I think that "someone" is special!
Closed Thread

Tags
forum