Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-01-2012, 08:58 PM   #29
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnkinthebus View Post
Something is not keeping him logged in. I can surf the forum without logging in and it has display adds in between each post, but once logged in, they disappear.
That's one of the many perks of joining. Registering as a member & then staying logged in (checking the "remember me" box during log in) will keep a vast majority of the ads & hyperlinks within posts at bay.

Turning off the right side ads is another. Yet another is a adblocking software. I use IE8 & enable the InPrivate Filtering to get rid of the rest of the ads - specifically the annoying Google ad at the top center. Unfortunately, it also removes the Sponsor ads, but I frequent some of them anyway so they get my money in the end.

There has to be more to the OP's computer/iRV2.com settings that aren't enabled that keep him seeing ads. You've all been great in suggesting fixes. Hopefully if he takes advantage of what's been suggested, he'll stick around.

Lori-

Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2012, 09:01 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
That's one of the many perks of joining. Registering as a member & then staying logged in (checking the "remember me" box during log in) will keep a vast majority of the ads & hyperlinks within posts at bay.

Turning off the right side ads is another. Yet another is a adblocking software. I use IE8 & enable the InPrivate Filtering to get rid of the rest of the ads - specifically the annoying Google ad at the top center. Unfortunately, it also removes the Sponsor ads, but I frequent some of them anyway so they get my money in the end.

There has to be more to the OP's computer/iRV2.com settings that aren't enabled that keep him seeing ads. You've all been great in suggesting fixes. Hopefully if he takes advantage of what's been suggested, he'll stick around.

Lori-
Amen to that!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-01-2012, 09:38 PM   #31

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Quote:
Originally Posted by wil01 View Post
Thanks!

That seems to help, but there is still a lot of iRV2 junk when trying to navivate the forums and threads. I'll see how it goes.

Wil
Firefox + Adblock Plus + Ghostery completely strips all of iRV2's advertising code from every page, leaving only the little mission statement at the top.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:51 AM   #32

Fleetwood Owners Club
I agree with Dennis. I use my iPad, with none of the mentioned problems. Other posts have described the same problems, must be the settings, as for speed, very fast here. Please keep trying buy using others advice. I would offer some (advice) but not that savvy. The icons add a lot IMHO.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:56 AM   #33

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayobx
I agree with Dennis. I use my iPad, with none of the mentioned problems. Other posts have described the same problems, must be the settings, as for speed, very fast here. Please keep trying buy using others advice. I would offer some (advice) but not that savvy. The icons add a lot IMHO.
I agree on the icons / emotes. Another form of expression that convey meaning - subtle humor with a banghead - etc - picture worth 1k words. Problem is using iPhone app they aren't available so I learned on . Maybe I just haven't found them.

X2 on keep trying.
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:24 AM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
. ;(
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:25 AM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
;(. .
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:33 AM   #36
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post

Turning off the right side ads is another.
The one thing I don't like about turning off the right side adds is you lose the "Recent Discussions" box as well.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:02 AM   #37

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
I originally found the site with my iPad. I used the app available, and it is very easy to use, and very clean. I had to go on a laptop to have my signature line show and other things you can't do on the iPad. After making all the changes, I just go right back to the iPad.
If you go to More --> Settings, you'll find an On/Off for showing signatures. Other stuff there, too. If you're wondering how to add a signature from the iPad, I'm still working on that.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:09 PM   #38
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
All the iPad comments are useful, but only if you actually own an iPad. (I own one but I prefer my laptop large screen and regular keyboard.)

As others have said, perhaps a different browser with adblock settings would work best.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:35 AM   #39

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post

The one thing I don't like about turning off the right side adds is you lose the "Recent Discussions" box as well.
I just found the right side ads. Lol. I use an iPad been having a blast going through all the threads but I never realized. Being a fledgling forum user what I was missing.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:18 AM   #40
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Over the years of computing, generally, the issue with slow loads, too many ads, etc. is the users computer. It is often old (but not always), slow wifi connection, outdated versions of the browser, too many temp files and the likes. The user often needs to clear the cache and many issue will go away.

Windows is not exactly friendly to a causal user, so they need to spend enough time with the equipment to be a bit more up to date on using the software or get a grand kid to help out.

Ken
Old 12-23-2012, 08:42 AM   #41
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Since the OP hasn't posted on this thread since December 1st, we're probably talking to ourselves here.

Rusty
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:04 AM   #42
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
As long as we only listen to ourselves and do not bother to answer, i think we will be OK.

Ken