Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-30-2012, 08:51 PM   #1

Good Bye

I joined and tried for several weeks to use the subjects, but all the commercials and slowness of the site makes it not worth the effort. It had promise, but not worth the effort.

Wil

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-30-2012, 10:23 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wil01
I joined and tried for several weeks to use the subjects, but all the commercials and slowness of the site makes it not worth the effort. It had promise, but not worth the effort.

Wil
I've read some of the detailed posts etc you have made. Consider again cause we need folks like you. I cannot help with your issues - use the iPhone app a lot but when on my laptop I don't have the issues you stated. There may be some settings you need to change - either in your browser or on the site. Again I don't have the issues but it would be a shame for you to bale out on us if a click here and there could have you in operating order.
Steve and Annie.

flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:28 PM   #3

Second that emotion!
Old 11-30-2012, 10:32 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
I also use my iPhone and have no ads The format is great. Easy to select what is important and what you want to know. So many helpful posts it would be a shame to leave when you can add something someone else may need to know.
sellhomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:48 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have Firefox and use an addon called Flashblock. It blocks all the flashing ads on here and all other sites.

The only thing that jumps around now are the stupid emotioncons people put on their signatures. I find those irritating .
Old 11-30-2012, 11:03 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland
I have Firefox and use an addon called Flashblock. It blocks all the flashing ads on here and all other sites.

The only thing that jumps around now are the stupid emotioncons people put on their signatures. I find those irritating .
I admit to having one in my signature - but using the iPhone app I don't see them. Ha! But since mine is tied to my early retirement and full time date the dancing emote is staying. Next time I'm at the laptop will consider changing it to something that doesn't move. Sorry bout that.

Wil01 - Now - before you bale - try to find a popup blocker in your browser settings or something. You managed your way through more wiring / EMS / Generator wire etc than any two above average DIYers. You can beat this thing too.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:49 PM   #7

The problem isn't with outside pop up adds. I don't get those on any other site nor this one.

The problem is with all the verbiage iRV2 itself puts up. I can't navigate to any forum or thread without the iRV2 mission statement and a bunch of adverts appearing. I also get that junk on individual threads which makes them hard to read. I

That is all irritating and makes this site unacceptable. Sorry!

Good Luck
Wil
Old 12-01-2012, 01:26 PM   #8
CD

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil01 View Post
The problem isn't with outside pop up adds. I don't get those on any other site nor this one.

The problem is with all the verbiage iRV2 itself puts up. I can't navigate to any forum or thread without the iRV2 mission statement and a bunch of adverts appearing. I also get that junk on individual threads which makes them hard to read. I

That is all irritating and makes this site unacceptable. Sorry!

Good Luck
Wil
I agree with the others. It must be some settings either on your computor or on the IRV2 site. Try looking at settings here that may be available to you. I don't get any of what you discribe but I don't remember what I may have done to prevent it.
Good luck and hope to see you here in the future.

'01 3500 Ram QC HO 6sp. BD Exhaust Brake
CD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:30 PM   #9
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
There's two things you can do to greatly reduce ads.

1. Always login to view the forums. Visitors see more ads.

2. Turn off the right side; User CP, Edit Options, Turn off right side.

Route 66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:25 PM   #10

I don't know how to do 2 above.

Wil
Old 12-01-2012, 02:43 PM   #11
CD

Quote:
I don't know how to do 2 above.

Wil
Go up to the picture at the top of this page, then down to the 2nd row of links, on the left end you will see UserCP. Click that and down to 3rd. panel to edit options, click that and you will find the right panel options at the bottom of the page.

'01 3500 Ram QC HO 6sp. BD Exhaust Brake
CD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:07 PM   #12

Thanks!

That seems to help, but there is still a lot of iRV2 junk when trying to navivate the forums and threads. I'll see how it goes.

Wil
Old 12-01-2012, 04:19 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wil01
Thanks!
That seems to help, but there is still a lot of iRV2 junk when trying to navivate the forums and threads. I'll see how it goes.
Well this progress. Since I don't see what you see on my iPhone app - and can't be sure I even see what you see when on my laptop -- I can only say give it a chance. You may adapt to it. As for the iRV2 stuff - it is "their / our" site so some stuff is to be expected.

I'm just glad you making the attempt before pulling the plug.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:20 PM   #14

Thumbs up

Quote:
Thanks!

Wil
Have you tried some of the other forums? IMHOP, this one is by FAR the best.