Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-07-2009, 10:59 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Angry google Ads and Florida Nudist Colony was the latest

Hello,
Have been off the forum for a while, and I for one don't like the new look.

First I don't think it's necessary to have advertisements hanging off the first post in a thread which in many cases don't have a thing to do with the subject of the post. If you check any of the alpine forum main posts, you will see what I mean.

But what gets my goat, was when I clicked on a post for a “Significant Thank You” to a member herein, and saw the Florida Nudist Colony advertisement. This has gone over the top.

If you are trying to make money on this site, charge us for the service. Like an annual fee of 10 dollars. Yes, I am aware this service costs money, servers are not cheap, hard disk space keeps getting cheaper, but you still have to have terabytes of it.

I don't want to see the ads; they take away from the forums which are here to help us RV’ers all. And I don’t ever need to see ads for a nudist colony.

I will give you guys a few weeks to clean it up, if I don't see changes back to the friendly way this site used to be, I will ask you to terminate my membership. I can e-mail several of my friends to figure out what & how to fix my coach. I don't need a bunch of advertisements directing me to Joes bar and grill when I want to find out about tires, or batteries.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2009, 11:20 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
A couple of things that may be helpful...

First, if you are logged in you shouldn't see ads in posts but I can imagine that you were very surprised to see an ad like that one.

We are looking at various ways to reduce advertising but in the meanwhile if you do see an ad that is offensive and can let a site mod know exactly what the ad was and the url we can have google block it. Those ads are served sort of randomly by google and are often based on thread content or keywords or even you location, but we can block specific web addresses.

iRV2 Custom Search Tool
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 04:54 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Thank you for the quick reply. I was not logged in at the time. Sometimes on my lunch hour I check the fourm from work and I don't login from that computer system. I also sometimes if just checking quick, dont login from home either. Glad to know it's only when I am not logged in.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:39 PM   #4

ads

actually i didn't notice the ads till you mentioned them. to busy finding out good info for all the good folks here. but now that you mentioned it some of the ads have been useful. oh well i guess everybody can't be pleased.

2004 CRYSLER PT CRUISER TOAD
lostone65 is offline   Reply With Quote