RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-14-2019, 10:14 AM   #1

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Having problems uploading photos to album.

Hello to all. I'm sure it's just me because I have searched this forum and really found no one having the same problem. As I would like to increase my album photos, it seems to limit the file size that I can send. I do somewhat understand this. Too much size and it requires room in servers to hold, I guess? So what does that mean? I have to shrink my photos to downgrade the size? I know I have some photos in my album, but I didn't go out of my way to shrink anything. I don't change my phone/camera settings. I just keep it on default size, whatever that is. Now I belong to other forums and have not had this problem. I can upload any image. What gives? Someone help me out here and tell me the tricks please. Thanks, Jim.

jimmystoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2019, 10:56 AM   #2

I don't know if this answers your question, but here's a potential partial solution:How do I post a photo?

You can also do a search on "photo upload" in the search box for more answers.

And yes, it's always about the server cost.

If you need an excellent photo editing program, irfanview will answer the need. User friendly editing, simple to resize your photos to the requested size, etc.

Clemson State of Mind
wimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 02:13 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
I believe the OP is referring to photos in albums they create in our photos section as opposed to attaching photos in a post. The site's software automatically downsizes photos uploaded here. The only place it doesn't is the Classifieds, because that is 3rd party software.

Don't worry about server room. We've got plenty.

Lori-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
"Complaining about a problem without proposing a solution is called whining." Theodore Roosevelt
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 10:34 PM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
I believe the OP is referring to photos in albums they create in our photos section as opposed to attaching photos in a post. The site's software automatically downsizes photos uploaded here. The only place it doesn't is the Classifieds, because that is 3rd party software.

Don't worry about server room. We've got plenty.
So Lori, this is what I don't get. When I download a photo from my computer, as I do on other forums, it automatically uploads for me. On this site it tells me that I exceeded the file size limit? You mentioned the site's software automatically downsizes photos? Then how can it exceed the limit? Now I don't know if it matters but it's just photos in my album section, but I do the same in other forums. I really don't get what's going on here.
jimmystoys is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems, problem, problems