Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-30-2005, 09:02 AM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
when typing this message the letters appear to be some kind of code. What am I doing wrong.
SS

skeetshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-30-2005, 09:02 AM   #2

Texas Boomers Club
when typing this message the letters appear to be some kind of code. What am I doing wrong.
SS

skeetshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 09:17 AM   #3

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
skeetshooter

if it is any consolation, you type beautifully for not being able to see your words

I wonder if you have a keyboard that is on its way to the 'great beyond' or is not quite plugged in all the way?
Or... if you have a keyboard that is particular to another use, such as a monitor keyboard, it may represent keystrokes funny when used on a PC, although presumably it would have shown up funny at this end as well too.
Do you have another keyboard that you can substitute and try?
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 12:23 PM   #4
Administrator Emeritus

Location: FULLTIMERS - currently wintering in Rochester, NY - Goin\' places, Makin\' friends, Havin\' fun!
Skeetshooter and FatDog,

It looks like this problem is a little more widespread but still selective. (It's not happening to everyone) This is the first forum post but the third notice (the others being two E-mails to the Webmaster) in the past 24 hours. I reported the other two to Bill Rowell, our Webmaster and will send this thread to him as well.

Since InfoPop leases this software to hundreds of forums, I'm sure they are working on it and Bill has already been in touch with them.

FWIW, I post nearly every day and this has not happened to me once. (must be the good life I'm living)

Dave
[b]NASCAR FANS - Carl Edwards #99 & Ryan Newman #12![/col
RVrs R US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 03:35 PM   #5
Administrator Emeritus

Location: FULLTIMERS - currently wintering in Rochester, NY - Goin\' places, Makin\' friends, Havin\' fun!
OK, a brief update:

InfoPop made an update to their system on Monday and the problem seemed to start right after the update.

And since "Murphy" always strikes twice, wouldn't you know that Bill will not have Internet service at home until Friday.

For those of you effected, hang in there a bit longer.

Dave
Old 03-30-2005, 04:52 PM   #6

Yup, you would not believe the quantity of updates Infopop has made to its software. Some of the updates go off without a hitch and some are a nightmare. At the site I co-own, we almost gave up and switched. But one thing I can say about Infopop that has not been true with other providers is that they do work very hard to solve problems. You can submit a trouble ticket and within a few minutes someone has responded. The customer support is far superior to any other provider we have used. FWIW, some members at my site have also had some posting issues.

BTW, this is my first post on this fine board. It has been a resource for great info and I hope to be more active as my RVing experience grows. Thanks!!

2005 Jaco Baja 10Y
Gomer76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 05:27 PM   #7
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome aboard Gomer76 Thanks for your information let us know if we can help you in the future also.----"007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 05:51 PM   #8
Administrator Emeritus

Hi Gomer76 and welcome aboard! Sure glad to have another InfoPop forum owner with us.

Don't be bashful about jumping in on any of the forums that interest you and introducing yourself.

Dave
Old 04-01-2005, 10:46 AM   #9
Administrator Emeritus

Hi folks,

First victory! The missing posts we were looking for just came back into the system so those of you who weren't able to retrieve some of your old posts will now be able to.

Has the unusual lettering issue been resolved also? If anyone needs to contact me directly, click here: RVrsRUS@AOL.Com

Dave
Old 04-06-2005, 12:34 PM   #10
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Will irv2 have away to increase the size of fornts like rvnet has, bottom of post has different size a's to increase size of lettering for us "OLD" folk. The size of my lettering is down to 1/8 of an inch again I hope irv2 doesn't fade away again.---"007"

RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote