Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-23-2011, 04:53 PM   #15

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanCarr View Post
There are no options there to stop the unwanted email every time someone replies to a thread I posted to.
Sure there are! Look for "Default Thread Subscription Mode" and change the option to 'No email notificagtion". Done and done.

Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-23-2011, 05:32 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanCarr

I'm sorry but the pic will not download to a size were I can see it and understand it. Step 3 is too small to see. I see nothing about shutting off unwanted emails when I reply to posts under Edit Options. Is there somewhere I can see that pic fullsize?
will post a bigger picture when I get back home. If you can just use picture 3 for location on the page where you need to be it is pointing to a drop down box where you select No Email Notification. Should be done Christmas shopping and back home in an hour. Will post larger image then. When trying to enlarge the image only click on the image once.

sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 07:16 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Here are 2 larger images of step 3. If you click on either one it should enlarge for you.

In step 3 you will click on the drop down menu indicated by the red arrow, you will then have 4 choices re. email notification. You can select Instant notification, daily notification, weekly notification or no email notification.

So to recap:
Step 1 click on User CP Upper left part of the page
Step 2 Under the heading of Settings and Options, 3rd bold heading down on the left side of the page, click on Edit Options, this will give you the screen shown in step 3.
Step 3 In the middle of the page go to the 2nd bold heading Messaging and Notification there you will see Default Thread Subscription Mode, this is where you will find the drop down menu that allows you to turn off email notification.

Hope this does it for you. Let me know if you need any more help
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Step three.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	948.7 KB
ID:	16566   Click image for larger version

Name:	Step 3 larger image.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	281.4 KB
ID:	16567  

Old 12-23-2011, 11:35 PM   #18

Talking I think that got it.... thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin View Post
Sure there are! Look for "Default Thread Subscription Mode" and change the option to 'No email notificagtion". Done and done.
I think that got it. Thanks.
Old 12-23-2011, 11:36 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
will post a bigger picture when I get back home. If you can just use picture 3 for location on the page where you need to be it is pointing to a drop down box where you select No Email Notification. Should be done Christmas shopping and back home in an hour. Will post larger image then. When trying to enlarge the image only click on the image once.
I got it and thank you.
Old 12-24-2011, 12:10 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
You're welcome, gad to help
Old 12-25-2011, 09:51 PM   #21

While you are in the instruction mode. How do you get the little green box with the last poster's quote to show up. I tried to click on the quote box,, then there is no where to type the message relateing to the quote. thanks for the input.
Old 12-25-2011, 10:25 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wire Wrat View Post
While you are in the instruction mode. How do you get the little green box with the last poster's quote to show up. I tried to click on the quote box,, then there is no where to type the message relateing to the quote. thanks for the input.
Like this
Old 12-25-2011, 10:27 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
If that is what you are trying to do:
1) In the post you want to Quote click Quote
2) It will then bring up a dialog box with the quoted text at the top of the dialog box
3) Move below the quoted text (point right below with your mouse and left click) but within the dialog box and type your text
Old 12-25-2011, 10:32 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
THis is what it should look like. If you only want to quote part of the post then edit the text between the [Quote] marks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Quoted.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	180.6 KB
ID:	16590  
Old 12-25-2011, 10:43 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
End-Run

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanCarr View Post
There are no options there to stop the unwanted email every time someone replies to a thread I posted to.
RC, why don't we hit this from the other end? Make a filter in your email pgm, have all the iRV2 msgs dumped into their own folder.

I have Gmail, do that. Then, sometimes I get the urge to look in that folder and at a glance scan all the traffic pertinent to my posts.

And, my Inbox doesn't see a single one
Old 12-26-2011, 12:50 PM   #26

It did not work. I'm still getting UNWANTED email. Is there an Admin here who knows how to STOP all the unwanted email who can do it for me?
Old 12-26-2011, 12:52 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVNeophytes2 View Post
RC, why don't we hit this from the other end? Make a filter in your email pgm, have all the iRV2 msgs dumped into their own folder.

I have Gmail, do that. Then, sometimes I get the urge to look in that folder and at a glance scan all the traffic pertinent to my posts.

And, my Inbox doesn't see a single one
I have no clue how to use filters. I don't think email to people should be by default. It should be their choice. And the #3 doesn't work because I'm still getting email from this site.
Old 12-26-2011, 12:54 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
You're welcome, gad to help
See my other posts. It didn't work. The email is still coming.