Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-30-2010, 07:55 PM   #1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Traveling the lower 48
Posts: 2,450
How do I post a photo?

Great example of bad RVing here at the casino. How do I post a photo?
__________________

__________________
Bill Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2010, 08:05 PM   #2
Community Administrator
 
Route 66's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Newark, DE
Posts: 25,617
  • Click reply and scroll down to bottom of text box.
  • Click "go advanced" add text to message window and then scroll down.
  • Click "Manage attachments" A separate window will pop up.
  • Click "browse" Then select the file to be uploaded. Be sure that the photo is appropriately sized. 620 x 620 pixels (or smaller) and no more than 100K. Forums software will automatically reduce the size, but smaller size photos will upload much faster. You may select several photos to upload at the same time by repeating the last step.
  • Click "Upload" After pics have loaded close the pop-up window
  • Click "submit reply" to mount the text of your message - photos will automatically appear at the bottom of your post.

About attachment storage limits

When you upload a copy of an image file (or other attachment) it is stored on our servers. There are some restrictions on how much data can be stored.

Registered members are limited to 50 MB of attachment storage for items posted to threads and posts and 100 MB for files posted to the photo gallery. We highly recommend that you reduce file sizes before uploading them to posts and threads.

Contributing members have unlimited attachment storage for threads and posts. A contributing membership is an annual commitment. If a contributing membership reverts to a standard account, loaded images will still remain, but if you have exceeded the storage limits of a standard member account (50 MB), you may be unable to load more attachments. And remember ... all images loaded to posts (regardless of your membership status) must meet the size requirement above. If they are larger, they will fail to load.

How to embed an image stored on another site:
You can do this by using image tags. Upload the image to a service like imageshack and then copy the URL of the image and put that between [IMG] tags. That will work well, as long as the host site stays in business and doesn't disable your image for overuse of bandwidth etc.

You can also paste in the location of a photo stored here in a photo gallery.

To do this: Paste the url of the image into your post. Then add the following code on either side of the url (with no extra spaces):

[IMG]url here[/IMG]

The image will appear where the url was in your text.
__________________

__________________
Adios, Dirk - '84 Real Lite Truck Camper, '86 Wilderness Cimarron TT, previously 4 years as a fulltimer in a '07 DSDP

Route 66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 06:23 AM   #3
Community Administrator
 
Clifftall's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 29,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
  • Click reply and scroll down to bottom of text box.
  • Click "go advanced" add text to message window and then scroll down.
  • Click "Manage attachments" A separate window will pop up.
  • Click "browse" Then select the file to be uploaded. Be sure that the photo is appropriately sized. 620 x 620 pixels (or smaller) and no more than 100K. Forums software will automatically reduce the size, but smaller size photos will upload much faster. You may select several photos to upload at the same time by repeating the last step.
  • Click "Upload" After pics have loaded close the pop-up window
  • Click "submit reply" to mount the text of your message - photos will automatically appear at the bottom of your post.

About attachment storage limits

When you upload a copy of an image file (or other attachment) it is stored on our servers. There are some restrictions on how much data can be stored.

Registered members are limited to 50 MB of attachment storage for items posted to threads and posts and 100 MB for files posted to the photo gallery. We highly recommend that you reduce file sizes before uploading them to posts and threads.

Contributing members have unlimited attachment storage for threads and posts. A contributing membership is an annual commitment. If a contributing membership reverts to a standard account, loaded images will still remain, but if you have exceeded the storage limits of a standard member account (50 MB), you may be unable to load more attachments. And remember ... all images loaded to posts (regardless of your membership status) must meet the size requirement above. If they are larger, they will fail to load.

How to embed an image stored on another site:
You can do this by using image tags. Upload the image to a service like imageshack and then copy the URL of the image and put that between [IMG] tags. That will work well, as long as the host site stays in business and doesn't disable your image for overuse of bandwidth etc.

You can also paste in the location of a photo stored here in a photo gallery.

To do this: Paste the url of the image into your post. Then add the following code on either side of the url (with no extra spaces):

[IMG]url here[/IMG]

The image will appear where the url was in your text.
Dirk, Thanks for the explanation. My only problem with uploading my photos is that they are too large. How do I re-size them?

Cliff
__________________


Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:39 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus


 
Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hangin' with Sacs and the Pins
Posts: 9,413
clifftall- What operating system do you have? I still use Microsoft's "image Resizer" found in the Power Toys area of Microsoft... but it may not work on your system. I believe Picassa has an image resizer included in it.
__________________
MM
*MonacoMama with the 2 Pins & SacsTC Nearby*
*2007 Monaco Diplomat 40' SFT<>2006 Chevy VortecMax Toad<>2006 Buick Lucerne Leading the Way*
MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:16 PM   #5
Community Administrator
 
Clifftall's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 29,133
Click image for larger version

Name:	iphone michigan 2009 017.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	3296
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonacoMama View Post
clifftall- What operating system do you have? I still use Microsoft's "image Resizer" found in the Power Toys area of Microsoft... but it may not work on your system. I believe Picassa has an image resizer included in it.
Here goes MM . Hope it works

Cliff
__________________


Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:18 PM   #6
Community Administrator
 
Clifftall's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 29,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by clifftall View Post
Attachment 3296
Here goes MM . Hope it works

Cliff

Thanks MM . It worked. That's my baby at the Fleetwood factory.

Cliff
__________________


Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 01:50 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus


 
Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hangin' with Sacs and the Pins
Posts: 9,413
Nicely done, Cliftall!! You can also do it another way ifthe photo is in the photo gallery here... Right click on the big photo - go the Properties and copy the URL that is listed in Properties. You would then click the "yellow square with mountans in it and paste the URL in that...click OKAY and the photo is now in the post.
__________________
MM
*MonacoMama with the 2 Pins & SacsTC Nearby*
*2007 Monaco Diplomat 40' SFT<>2006 Chevy VortecMax Toad<>2006 Buick Lucerne Leading the Way*
MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 02:09 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
PNWGirl's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 980
Wow, Cliff, she is a BEAUTY!! Brag about her!! Love to see more photos

Sheila
__________________
1990 Itasca Suncruiser 32'
1996 V8 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
7 Pomeranians, a white Chuihuhia & a 1982 Honda Express Scooter
~ Salt Creek Recreation Area Olympic Peninsula, Washington ~
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 02:57 PM   #9
Community Administrator
 
Clifftall's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 29,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWGirl View Post
Wow, Cliff, she is a BEAUTY!! Brag about her!! Love to see more photos

Sheila
Thank you Sheila.

I'll have to get some more and try to post them.

Cliff
__________________


Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:22 PM   #10
RV Mutant #14
 
Wayne M's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 12,202
Just for information, there is a program called IRFANVIEW. You can search for it by name, and download it. It has been around for years and is a great graphics program. It will resize, and do a lot of other things. Nice thing is, it's free. Donations accepted.
__________________
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse)
2015 Winnebago Tour 42QD
RVM14
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:09 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
steelheadbluesman's Avatar
 
Solo Rvers Club
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Zigzag, OR
Posts: 1,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Adams View Post
Great example of bad RVing here at the casino. How do I post a photo?
Did I miss something, Bill.... Did you post the picture of bad RVing? Sounded interesting.... Or maybe it got moved?
__________________

__________________
'07 Itasca 35L/W22 FULL-TIMING
1000 Trails - VFW - 5 Yrs Army
"NOT ALL WHO WANDER ARE LOST"
steelheadbluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Find post by post #? cbeierl Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns 4 05-30-2009 09:29 PM
Teflon Coated Door Post - Part # El Jeffe Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 9 06-22-2005 05:51 AM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.