Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-11-2012, 03:56 PM   #15
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM68 View Post
Well there's an idea... why would you want to report anyone anyway???

JUST DON'T READ EM AND DON'T RESPOND TO EM....

and let the rest of us have some fum.
Spam posts would be one reason, of course many of the posts that are filled with hate and venom that have been removed because someone took the time and effort to report them might make for good reading as far as some are concerned.

Do you really think moderators find all the problems in all the posts made daily or do you think we might have some very needed help.

It's your board treat it as you may it's all up to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Hmm! Can anyone hit the abuse button, like non-members, or does one have to have an account?
Only members that can post can access the button.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2012, 03:57 PM   #16
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M
Hmm! Can anyone hit the abuse button, like non-members, or does one have to have an account?
Hey Wayne. Surely with the quality of jokes you have posted lately , there must have been some non members that reported you. LOL.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:01 PM   #17

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I think I need to rename my thread to "How do I tattle tale"

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:06 PM   #18

Just be glad they don't have the cry baby emoticon.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:57 AM   #19
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
There is also a "Thread Tool" at the top where you can unsubscribe to a thread.
Exactly.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:07 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
John I totally agree that it is our board, and we should police ourselves...
In fact, I've blown that whistle a couple times.

What I do not agree with is the administrations ban on any type of non rv discussion.

Many of us are here to build relationships, make friends, banter with others who share our interests. Talking about politics, taxes, everything from gun control to birth control, is all part of that.

For those who run this place to say such discussions have no place is just crap.
And to say the mods have no time to police it all is too.
I was a mod on a site with 50k members an average of 800 members logged in at any one time, and thousands of posts a day. And 10 mods... we managed. I personally read every post, and to a great extent, steered problems back to center just wih my coments. We didn't even use a demerit system (bailiff, whack his PP!)

We did have an off toic forum, signup only, no moderation, anything goes. That helped.

I totally disagree with irv2's attempts to stifle normal conversation between members...

That said, I also recognize that:
It's your sanbox, there is no democracy here, nor any freedom of speech.
And I do my best to follow your rules... even when I don't agree with them.
But I do consider voicing my disagreement once ina while as productive
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:50 PM   #21

I use to moderate a company forum and it was no fun. I would have been considered very easy here. Wheb you see somebody say something very stupid and misinform others it is hard not to correct.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:54 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM68 View Post
Well there's an idea... why would you want to report anyone anyway???

JUST DON'T READ EM AND DON'T RESPOND TO EM....

and let the rest of us have some fum.
x 873,512

I get a kick out of people that whine and moan about a TV show yet they watch it every single time it's on.
born2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:03 PM   #23

For the record(like anybody is keeping track) I have never watched any part of "Jersey Shore."

Old 03-17-2012, 03:51 PM   #24

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Man, I'm taking a beating here

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:02 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanabee FTer View Post
Man, I'm taking a beating here
Just a little, and you're not alone. and hey we like you, ya know?

If someone is clearly psycho, push the button.
If someone is trashing someone else in a personal manner and you just can't help yourself or you think the person being trashed can't, sure push the button.

Otherwise, like all adults, you have the abilty to change the channel. just don't read it. Everything ewverywhere is not guaranteed to be something that interests you, or something you approve of, but that doesn't give you the right to demand that everyone comply to what you think is right.

We're not all going to agree all the time.
those of us who choose to, and are adult enough to actually carry on an adult discussion, certainly should be allowed to do so.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:06 PM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
on a forum I used to moderate, there was one guy who had little technical no how, never had anything to add to help others. He posted mostly in the unmoderated off-topic forum. He was a far right wing gun toting nutcase, way way off the edge, and with little tolerance for anyone who didn't agree with him. In off topic, he could say what he wanted, as did I. It was weird.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:57 AM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Been There...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanabee FTer View Post
I love to follow threads that have hot topics, but at times when they get political, they can go on for a long time without intervention.
How can I report a thread before I post something I will later regret or be banned from irv2 forever!
[Moderator edit]

One valuable tool I have started to use is the Ignore list. Of our thousands of members, you'll notice that a chosen few consistently drive threads into the political realm. Their entries are now reduced to solid gray bars on my own screen. But, I fully expected to have a collateral problem as their quote balloons surfaced in other members' posts.

However, a curious thing has happened. Either no one quotes the folks on my list; or, perhaps they only quote each other. In any case, I have yet to notice one Ignore List member in a quote balloon in one single thread. Seriously. That's after doing this for two weeks.

The Ignore function only serves the member, deprives Admin of the help they need to keep our Community Rules in force; but, it works for me
RVNeophytes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:08 PM   #28

I only have one person on ignore, and that is because that person constantly makes incoherent posts without periods and commas. I suspect I'm on a lot of members ignore list for my to often smart aleck posts. I'm like a Honey Badger. Honey Badger don't give a damn.