Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-28-2012, 07:15 AM   #1

How to Create a Sub-Forum?

I noticed that under the Manufactures Forum for "Thor" there are 3 sub forums for specific Thor models. I would like to propose adding another model to the sub-forum section for the "Palazzo". Currently I need to search to see if someone started a new thread for the Palazzo and having its own sub-forum would consolidate under one heading.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2012, 08:28 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Thanks for your suggestion, but we have no plans to add forums at this time.

The subforums under Thor are Thor owned RV brands.

The Palazzo is a model under the Thor brand and we don't have model subforums as there are just too many.

All Palazzo discussions would be appropriate in the Thor forum.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:38 PM   #3
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
@The Arnolds

If we were to support every model of Thor Motorcoach, it could look like this:
Thor Motor Coach’s RV brands include
Class C Motorhomes; Four Winds and Chateau
Mercedes Benz Sprinter Based Diesel Motorhomes; Siesta Sprinter and Citation Sprinter
Class B Plus Motorhomes; Siesta and Citation
Class A Motorhomes Gas; A.C.E., Daybreak, Challenger, Hurricane, Windsport, and Outlaw Toy Haulers
Class A Diesel Motorhomes; Palazzo and TuscanyTAG & XTE

Now take this concept to another level perhaps to a Winnebago product line and you're going to have more forums than Carter has liver pills....

Route 66's recommendation and comments mirror my own.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:54 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Can somebody point me to the Full Body Paint Forum.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:24 PM   #5

Driver & Route 66 thank you for your replies and I am OK with your responses/opinions but I think it was a reasonable question based on the fact that there are already three Thor sub-Forums;

Damon
Airstream
Keystone
What makes these models so special? Using your logic I suggest that the information in these three sub-forums be copied into the Thor general forum with the other Thor products and delete these sub-forums.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Can somebody point me to the Full Body Paint Forum.
I suggest that you look in the Fleetwood forum
Old 10-28-2012, 07:09 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds

I suggest that you look in the Fleetwood forum
The Airstream sub already points to a sister site / forum - think I read somewhere due to lack of participation. I was just suggesting that sub forums could be carried to the extreme - maybe tire size would have been seen as humorous which was my intent. Since I've yet to figure how to get winks and wavy's out of the iPhone I should probably steer clear from attempt at humor or expect the roll eyes.

This site is so well put together it's amazing - hard to believe it's not rum by a big company. I have seen lots of business that can't communicate on the level that is accomplished here. A big part of that is attention to tree/ structure and keeping it simple.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:19 PM   #8
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
Driver & Route 66 thank you for your replies and I am OK with your responses/opinions but I think it was a reasonable question based on the fact that there are already three Thor sub-Forums;

Damon
Airstream
Keystone

What makes these models so special? Using your logic I suggest that the information in these three sub-forums be copied into the Thor general forum with the other Thor products and delete these sub-forums.
They are not anything special at all. These forums can best be described as legacy forums that have been held over from many years ago. (except Keystone)

My wish list would see the Damon posts merged with the main Thor Forum. That would bring the subs down to 1.

Airstream redirects our members to our sister forum called Air Forums. We don't host any Airstream content here but we did a long time ago. So Airstream isn't a sub.

Keystone is a Fifth Wheel product with a founding date of November 2007. Since then there have only been 27 threads but many views.

Thor Industries has 2 RV divisions, Motorcoach and Towables. I would like to see 2 subs called Thor Motorcoach and Thor Towables and I think that would cover it ...

Thor Motorcoach is one of the sponsors on the site.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:49 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
They are not anything special at all. These forums can best be described as legacy forums that have been held over from many years ago. (except Keystone)

My wish list would see the Damon posts merged with the main Thor Forum. That would bring the subs down to 1.

Airstream redirects our members to our sister forum called Air Forums. We don't host any Airstream content here but we did a long time ago. So Airstream isn't a sub.

Keystone is a Fifth Wheel product with a founding date of November 2007. Since then there have only been 27 threads but many views.

Thor Industries has 2 RV divisions, Motorcoach and Towables. I would like to see 2 subs called Thor Motorcoach and Thor Towables and I think that would cover it ...

Thor Motorcoach is one of the sponsors on the site.
Thanks for the explaination
Old 11-01-2012, 08:10 AM   #10

Actually - this was the correct explanation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
...The subforums under Thor are Thor owned RV brands...The Palazzo is a model...
Just to clarify ... Each brand has many models ...

So, for example, if you had one of the DOZENS of Keystone models, you would probably not want to post in the Damon forum... even though both brands are under the manufacturers forum for Thor...

Kathryn

```

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:46 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Too many forums dilute the overall value of the website IMHO. You get people posting common appliance type issues in "their" forum and a lot of folks will not look at specific brand forums for a solution. The OP fusses that he is not getting a response. Then when you move the post over to the general type forum for better exposure, they throw a hissy fit about they want the problem solved by XYZ brand folks.

I personally would like to see some of the old brand forums moved under a more general heading. With all of the brans under some manufacturers, it woudl be better to have something like

Forest River Towable
Forest River Motorized
Thor Towable
Thor Motorized
ETC.

But that is my nickels worth.

Ken