Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2016, 03:06 PM   #1

How to post and search for information

How do search for information in the forums. I would like to search for Tire sensor information before posting a new question
vmrothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2016, 03:10 PM   #2

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
use the "powered by google" search box near the top of the page and make sure the "irv2.com" button is used. Results will come up on a google search page.
TinCanTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 03:20 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

There are a couple of ways to search the forum.

The Forums search tool found on the nav bar is fairly easy to use and really quick. Our search tool searches for key words and you have a choice to search for threads or posts. Consider using the advanced search function to narrow down your choices. You must be logged into the forums to use the search tool.

Google search: We have an embedded google search available. Check out the upper right hand corner of the page to find this tool.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 03:28 PM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 04:58 PM   #5

What i would consider navigation bar has forums, new posts, inbox, register, login. But nothing I could search with. I using an iPhone if that makes any difference.
Old 04-08-2016, 06:53 PM   #6
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Some site applications are not available on the app, only on full browsers. Hopefully, someone with an iPhone will chime in with input unique to your circumstances.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 06:59 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
How to post and search for information

Go to the More selection on the bottom right bar it will take you to options one of which is Search

iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 04-08-2016, 07:59 PM   #8

Got it! Thanks. At the bottom it says full site. Gives me exactly what i was looking for. I'm new to apps and expect them to be the same as the full sites. Now I can find the information I am looking for.
Old 04-08-2016, 08:20 PM   #9
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
TonyDi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 04:23 AM   #10
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Apps are never intended to mirror the full site, but they are designed to provide quick, easy and limited access to the full site.

It wouldn't be practical to have two identical software programs doing the same thing, ie the app and the full site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmrothy View Post
Got it! Thanks. At the bottom it says full site. Gives me exactly what i was looking for. I'm new to apps and expect them to be the same as the full sites. Now I can find the information I am looking for.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 04:25 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmrothy View Post

When I use my iPhone app I don't have the option of full site that see but I just put it in the browser. The iPad app is even different than the iPhone app.

Old 04-09-2016, 04:31 AM   #12

Full site is best. I dont understand why there are two when full site is clearly the best. But that is most likely due to my limited techy knowledge
Monacoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 07:04 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monacoach View Post
Full site is best. I dont understand why there are two when full site is clearly the best. But that is most likely due to my limited techy knowledge

That is always the case because the phone apps are formatted for optimum use. You can go to the full site on your phone but it is too busy for a small screen. I typically use the iPad app for this forum while watching TV with the boss. If I had a laptop I would use the full site.

Old 04-09-2016, 07:54 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmw188 View Post
That is always the case because the phone apps are formatted for optimum use. You can go to the full site on your phone but it is too busy for a small screen. I typically use the iPad app for this forum while watching TV with the boss. If I had a laptop I would use the full site.

The full site actually works pretty well on the iPad