Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-23-2012, 08:02 AM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
How to view old threads?

I tried to look at some older threads but they had weird dates on them like 12-31-1969. Long before the internet. Then it said that the threads were to old and need no more comments. True but I still would like to read them. Can't they be changed to a "read only" file?
87Rockwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2012, 10:44 AM   #2
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
iRV2 was founded in 2000, so there is nothing older than that.

Some of those old threads are no longer available.

Before we changed to this current software and servers, memory space was limited and some older threads were deleted. We no longer delete old threads.

All available threads are viewable.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:42 PM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Strange-I tried again to look at a old post (so I do not have to bother anyone ) like: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f54/sharp...e-it-1903.html and as you see it will not display it but will let me comment on it (with out reading it). I like the "it's over 15454 days old" warning. But I can't read the thread!!!
Old 04-23-2012, 02:55 PM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
And if you check this out: iRV2.com General Discussion - Page 110 - iRV2 Forums You will see they all have a 12-31-1969 date on them. I am sure that is some sort of software default number being put in but still why can't we see the thread?
Old 04-23-2012, 04:40 PM   #5
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
There is no thread to view. They have been deleted.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:33 PM   #6

Vintage RV Owners Club
Then why doesn't someone remove them from the list/pages. If I do a search and come across these threads (which have been deleted) why am I finding them? Can't they be purged? Those of us that like older RVs like to be able to dig into older archives for info that is lost in the more modern threads and technology. I am trying to look things up without needless "Help" threads by digging in the older threads but it is frustrating to dig up something only to be told that the title is still here but the thread is erased. Please I do love this site and I am not trying to rain on anybodies parade. How do you tell what has been saved and what has not?
Old 04-24-2012, 04:18 PM   #7
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We clean these old empty threads up as we come across them. Thanks for pointing these out; they're history.

There was no content in those threads - only titles remained. As mentioned it used to be common practice to delete stale info to save storage space. These titles are what remained and were assigned bogus post dates because the software didn't know how to properly index them. We no longer delete stale info and haven't for years; as you have pointed out that old info may have some value to someone who is redoing a vintage rig.

iRV2 Custom Search Tool
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote