Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-01-2016, 12:30 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
LeeB's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Central Valley, California
Posts: 1,325
How With No Pay-Pal Account Do I Contribute

I have no Pay-Pal account but I would like to pay the $15.03 yearly in order to gain the benefits.....

Thanks LeeB
__________________

__________________
2004 Itasca Meridian 34H Being Pushed By A 96 Tracker
If you don't stand behind our TROOPS, Feel Free to stand in front of them
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-01-2016, 12:38 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Plantation, Fl
Posts: 1,068
Isn't it still free to sign up for a PayPal account ?

oops, never mind, I thought you meant signing up for PayPal account.
__________________

__________________
2014 Itasca Spirit 31K
2016 Mazda CX5, on an Acme tow dolly, 4 trips 5800mi
Now 2017 RWD F 150 with a drive shaft disconnect
Mich F is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 05:49 AM   #3
Community Administrator
 
Route 66's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Newark, DE
Posts: 25,609
You don't need a PayPal account.

You can pay using your credit card via PayPal.

This is the only option available.
__________________
Adios, Dirk - '84 Real Lite Truck Camper, '86 Wilderness Cimarron TT, previously 4 years as a fulltimer in a '07 DSDP

Route 66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 10:33 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
geocacher's Avatar


 
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Idaho
Posts: 996
Bummer, I was thinking about paying to support irv2 but will not use paypal. The last time we did that, our bank cancelled our card while we were traveling, due to using paypal. When and if they come up with a different payment plan, I will reconsider.
__________________
Deb & Dale--RVM107--2015 Blackstone 280 RKSB

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 10:43 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Roosters 67's Avatar


 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 211
Simple solution is to notify your bank of the purchase before hand. The other would be to purchase a prepaid card at most large retailers or even grocery store and load it with the amount required, and use for online purchases.
There is an american express prepaid card that I have used for gifts that is pretty good(low fees and such).
__________________
Spencer & Tracie RVM#62
2013 RAM 3500DRW 4x4 Laramie, Cummins, 385HP,850FTLBS Aisin Trans
2014 DRV Elite Suite 41RESB4
Spare puller:2004 RAM3500DRW Cummins (DW's truck)
Roosters 67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 10:43 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
jwmaustin's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Nashville, IN 47448
Posts: 598
What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeB View Post
I have no Pay-Pal account but I would like to pay the $15.03 yearly in order to gain the benefits.....

Thanks LeeB
I think I'm pretty smart but I can't figure out your question....what benefits? What is the $15 for?
__________________
Bill & Jenny - 2016 Winnebago Itasca Ellipse 42HD, 43 ft, Cummins 8.9 ISL - Blue Ox and SMARTCAR. Once/month traveler in Midwest and (as ofen as possible) Southern US. Home - Nashville, Indiana (Beautiful Brown County)
jwmaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 11:54 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
LeeB's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Central Valley, California
Posts: 1,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
You don't need a PayPal account.

You can pay using your credit card via PayPal.

This is the only option available.
Quote:
Originally Posted by geocacher View Post
Bummer, I was thinking about paying to support irv2 but will not use paypal. The last time we did that, our bank cancelled our card while we were traveling, due to using paypal. When and if they come up with a different payment plan, I will reconsider.
I to had a horrible experience using Pay-Pal, I would love to support iRV2 with a donation of $15.03 but I will not use Pay-Pal...
__________________
2004 Itasca Meridian 34H Being Pushed By A 96 Tracker
If you don't stand behind our TROOPS, Feel Free to stand in front of them
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 09:42 PM   #8
RV Mutant #14
 
Wayne M's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 12,201
Wow! I have been using PayPal for several years and I have never had a problem. One time I did not receive a purchase, called PayPal and was informed that if the shipment did not come to me in a few days to call them back and they would cancel the paymen and refund my money.

PayPal is in business and they charge merchants a rate of 2.9% + $0.30 per U.S. transaction. If they were not legit they would be out of business. If a person uses PayPal it is the merchant that is charged.

I personally think it is one of the more secure ways of conducting business. Your credit card is not passed around. The charges are billed to PayPal and they are the only ones that use your CC or bank account and all the merchants never see your CC information

I wish now that the department stores and such would use the WiFi pay. Using Apple Pay, for example, never transmits your CC information. I is a random number only used by the Apple Pay services to credit your account. The new chip readers are good also - but not many stores have upgraded their systems.
__________________
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse)
2015 Winnebago Tour 42QD
RVM14
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 09:51 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Bumps's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: FTer Class of 2015 Origin: Evergreen, Colorado
Posts: 1,536
I got stuck, too. Kept telling me I had a Paypal account, but I don't. Every credit card that I used was a fail.

Sadly, I gave up. Would like to contribute, but...

\ken
__________________
Ken & Deb (WIT Club, FMCA, SKP, Harvest Hosts, and grateful volunteers with SOWERs)
2005 Winnebago Vectra 40FD w/400ISL and Allison 3000MH on Freightliner's Evolution chassis, Onan QD7500, 1000w Renogy solar, BlueOx tow gear, and 2015 Cherokee TrailHawk toad.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 11:12 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
LeeB's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Central Valley, California
Posts: 1,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Wow! I have been using PayPal for several years and I have never had a problem. One time I did not receive a purchase, called PayPal and was informed that if the shipment did not come to me in a few days to call them back and they would cancel the paymen and refund my money.

PayPal is in business and they charge merchants a rate of 2.9% + $0.30 per U.S. transaction. If they were not legit they would be out of business. If a person uses PayPal it is the merchant that is charged.

I personally think it is one of the more secure ways of conducting business. Your credit card is not passed around. The charges are billed to PayPal and they are the only ones that use your CC or bank account and all the merchants never see your CC information

I wish now that the department stores and such would use the WiFi pay. Using Apple Pay, for example, never transmits your CC information. I is a random number only used by the Apple Pay services to credit your account. The new chip readers are good also - but not many stores have upgraded their systems.
There is no doubt that Pay-Pal is a legit business and I am sure there are many people that use it everyday and have no problems... But I do ask if you go to a legit restaurant and get bad food.. DO you go back?... Have a great day........LeeB
__________________
2004 Itasca Meridian 34H Being Pushed By A 96 Tracker
If you don't stand behind our TROOPS, Feel Free to stand in front of them
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 11:21 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
mchero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Full Time USA
Posts: 1,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by geocacher View Post
Bummer, I was thinking about paying to support irv2 but will not use paypal. The last time we did that, our bank cancelled our card while we were traveling, due to using paypal. When and if they come up with a different payment plan, I will reconsider.
Been using Paypal for over 12 years now w/o ANY issues. Perhaps you need to find another bank.
__________________
Robert & Deb
07 Discovery 39v FWS Full Timers, Yuma AZ
1K solar - 05 Jeep Grand Cherokee
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 12:40 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Arch Hoagland's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Clovis, CA, USA
Posts: 5,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmaustin View Post
I think I'm pretty smart but I can't figure out your question....what benefits? What is the $15 for?
I'm a bit confused too. $15.03? Benefits? I contributed years ago but other than a decal I didn't know there were any other benefits.

I think I get all the benefits I need just by reading and getting help from this great forum run by some neat volunteers.
__________________
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD, W22, 8.1, 7.1 MPG
2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 04:09 PM   #13
RV Mutant #14
 
Wayne M's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 12,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeB View Post
There is no doubt that Pay-Pal is a legit business and I am sure there are many people that use it everyday and have no problems... But I do ask if you go to a legit restaurant and get bad food.. DO you go back?... Have a great day........LeeB
No I wouldn't, but in all fairness the positive experiences need to be expressed so people can make a judgement based on all the information, not just the negative ones. Not picking on anyone in particular, just stating my experience with PayPal as others have.

Thanks.

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
__________________
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse)
2015 Winnebago Tour 42QD
RVM14
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 04:40 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
LI-Camper's Avatar
 
Ford Super Duty Owner
Jayco Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 194
LeeB,
I, too had a bad experience with PayPal. I bought two phones from eBay through PayPal. I signed for and received an empty box with only newspaper in it. I had to sign for the package before I could open it. Well neither eBay nor PayPal did anything to help. Fortunately I used American Express and eventually they took care of the payment. I reported the problem to the police and the post office. I will never use eBay/PayPal again.
__________________

__________________
2016 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV
LI-Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tribute



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dish account credit disappears lllkrob Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc. 1 08-04-2015 05:03 PM
Dish Pay As Go? kraig Alpine Coach Owner's Forum 20 02-03-2015 10:59 AM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.