Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-13-2013, 06:38 PM   #1

I may be slow

I am not sure I understand this forum. I am having a hard time finding topics to follow. I am a newbie and found RV.Net first and like that but wanted different views as well and came here, but I find this site difficult to maneuver. Tell me if I am just slow, that decision would not surprise me.
Bryanpark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2013, 06:48 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group

You can use the Search function to locate threads on topics you want to know about. Or ask questions in the forums you think most closely match the topic you want to discuss.

For example, I'm going to move this thread to the iRV2 General Discussions Forum since the Forum you placed the question in (Crossroads - About Travelling) doesn't match what you're asking about.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:12 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Once you log in, tel it to remember me. Then go to the User CP and set up some of the settings to personalize your preferences. You can turn off the ads down the right hand side as well. Be sure and scroll to the bottom and click Save.

I dropped off RV dot net about 2 years ago due to the poor and obviously biased moderating there. This is a much better run forum.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:37 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
I added the topics I wanted to follow such as Cat, Allison, Freightliner, Winnebago and a couple others to a sub file on my favorites bar. I click the heading and those I want to follow are there - often I look at others but my preferred topics are easy to find.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:38 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I go to the "New Posts" tab and browse from there. Many of the topics have info that crosses over from TT to 5-ER to MH. I learn from all of them. Also, when you post and get responses, they'll show up under new posts.
johno97007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:57 AM   #6

New Horizons Owners Club
We joined irv2 a little over a year ago, and have been reading along for a little while longer. We think this is a great forum. It has a super supportive and knowledgeable and fun community. We started by browsing the current/recent posts in the various Forum Topics that interested us. We learned a lot about each subject and got the feel of the day to day irv2 culture. As we learned more we developed some specific questions that we wanted to learn more about. The search feature works great for that. Lately I browse the most recent posts I suppose to see what our irv2 current events are. It is always interesting, educational and usually fun reading member's posts. Welcome and enjoy!
Pullin' Chocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:43 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Hi and

I like to use the "New Posts" feature and scan through the new posts looking for topics that interest me or ones that deal with my MH.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:50 PM   #8

Florida Cooters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
It's not a "slow thing" it's just a "it's different thing". Once you get the feel for it, you'll find that irv2 is just as manueverable as any other forum-focused website. You'll get into a "groove" so-to-speak of focusing on specific sub-forums, more than likely, at least I have. I still check the "new posts" and "unanswered questions" sections when there's nothing new in my normal hang out.

There's lots and lots here, but just like RV-ing, once you get the hang of it you'll find that this little corner of the world is also a rather "small place".
Old 02-14-2013, 08:28 PM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I find using the new posts feature to be the easiest if you check in frequently, otherwise, using the preference settings will work better. Just my opinion.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:59 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I am having trouble finding forums and finding the ones that I have posted in before. It's probably just my ignorance. Hope the light will finally shine through.
Herb matlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:16 AM   #11

Florida Cooters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
You can always click on "USer CP", find the "statistics" tab, click on it and there should be a link to threads you've either posted to, or started. Or, even simpler, I think you can just click on your username in this thread to get to those tabs as well.

Y'up, I just checked. Click on your username in the post you made above, and then go to "Public Profile" or to "More Posts by This User"
Old 03-15-2013, 07:25 AM   #12

On the top line where all the headings are such as Forums ,Owners forum,photos etc just click on what you want to see and you will get sub forums and then click on those. Easy. Cheers Gerald
Gerald Duerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:29 AM   #13

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb matlock View Post
I am having trouble finding forums and finding the ones that I have posted in before. It's probably just my ignorance. Hope the light will finally shine through.
If you click "Search" in the toolbar at the top of each page, you'll see the following options in the drop-down box:

View all discussions started by you (i.e., where you opened a thread)
View all discussions started by you in this forum
View all your posts (i.e., regardless of whether you started the thread or not)
View all your posts in this forum

That should address the 2nd part of your problem - that is, finding the forums that you have posted in before.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote