Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-04-2014, 09:09 AM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I need immediate help--

I've finally got my thread written up, after many hours with pics and it sez, when I try to submit it "that my token has expired" and to hit the backbutton--

What's that???

I'm on a second computer

Forget it guys--

I've lost it all--------------------
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2014, 10:19 AM   #2

Max... a token is a web security entity. So...you can first clear your "browser cache"... and let the browser go out and reinstall the token
Gocoffeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 10:29 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Did I time out on irv2?

It took me a couple of hours to post the naratives and the pics--

I would have lost it all anyway if I had to reset my browser. is there a time limit?
Old 08-04-2014, 10:35 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Max,

I have done the same after spending a long time composing everything only to lose it.

So my suggestion is to use your email client if you use one or a word processor to put everything together and then use the copy & paste to get it over to the iRV2 screen quickly without any loss, add photos and then post it.

That method has worked flawlessly without any loss of information.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 10:38 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Hubrich View Post
Did I time out on irv2?

It took me a couple of hours to post the naratives and the pics--

I would have lost it all anyway if I had to reset my browser. is there a time limit?
I don't think there is a time limit per se. However, I have seen times when I have had a burp (A HIGHLY technical term.) in the internet or IRV2 has a burp and lost my work.

When ever I make a long post (too often LOL) I copy the message before I post it. If it burps I try again and paste it in.

If you are using links to pictures (off the internet, picture storage sites and such) that should work just fine. If you are attaching photos to the posting then you may have to reattach them.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 10:53 AM   #6
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Max, unfortunately you've run into the burp (love that term) we've all experienced at one time or another & alas, you have lost all you crafted.

What Richard & Don have suggested is the solution. I do the same when I'm working on a long post or a post that has multiple photos in it. It's SO frustrating to spend time & effort on a carefully penned post, only to have it go "poof" when there's a glitch (another HIGHLY technical term) in the transmission.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 12:41 PM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well I went into the "oil change" mode for the RV when it happened- Something I understand and can handle-

This was my second attempt with the first failure due to my fingers, I think. I had the first post about 75% complete and I going to hit the shift "key" (HP laptop) and immediately to the right of that shift key is a numbers pad with the #1 and the word END on it- I must have hit that little beauty.

If I ever get this thread written up successfully, I going to celebrate. I upgraded two TV 's in my 'ole buddy's beautiful '03 HR, 38' DP recently and it came out great.

Thanks again Lori, you got me going correctly for the pics. I can't do it on AOL because I can't "copy" the url address- It just won't do it. It works fine on FFox.
Think I'll try late at night or early am
Old 08-04-2014, 02:00 PM   #8

I think the best way to help you in the future is to tell you to open the IRV2 session....get your heading and immediate information moved and launch it....then go back again and edit
The initial thread will then have been formed and you are building upon it
Gocoffeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 02:34 PM   #9

i like to copy past just befor you do the last step to post copy every thing you have typed out so if you get a err then you just past every thing back in and readd pics

i all so do what gocoffeer said alot i re read and edit / fix alot of my errs
terry735001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 03:52 AM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Okay-

Thanks everybody for your inputs.

I started at around 2:30 am and in about 45 minutes I had the pics and some narrative written, and then I posted it. I got an "error" message and said to myself "what the heck
is happening now". I hit the back arrow and re-submitted it and it went in okay.

Now I'm racing the clock again to add narrative to finish- I only have one hour to edit- ugh!

This whole process is an ordeal. Everybody wants pictures of things their doing to help others out to improve, or fix problems they might have. It's so much easier to look at a picture than a complicated narrative and in the age of the digital camera it should be so much easier.
I feel this is what this media is all about--

Think about us old folks from years ago, running to a store to have film developed and then trying to submit hard copy pictures to help others out. It's got to be easier here on irv2.

Can't these issues be addressed and improved? Ie:, photo moving to Irv2 threads and the "one hour time out" edit function, especilly since the only person that can edit a thread (besides irv2 administrators) is the author. I look at all the Photo posting thread problems here on this "issues" section. Many folks are having a tough time.

I guess I'm just "venting" because I'm not a computer "Techie"

In case your interested, my writeup is under the "Monaco owners forum" and is entiled "Yup, another TV upgrade".
Old 08-05-2014, 08:14 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Hubrich View Post
Okay-

Thanks everybody for your inputs.

Everybody wants pictures of things their doing to help others out to improve, or fix problems they might have. It's so much easier to look at a picture than a complicated narrative and in the age of the digital camera it should be so much easier.
I am sure that you are of the age that always heard the famous saying years ago, "a picture is worth a THOUSAND words."

A truer statement told than we could ever imagine especially in these times where some people are posting stuff that I cannot read or understand because it is in some sort of social media format.

I wish some of these people would go back to school and actually learn English.

BTW, before trying to submit file and photos, make sure they are a MB size that iRV2 can handle and upload otherwise you may be sitting for hours waiting on an error and not know it.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 08:18 AM   #12

What I do sometimes is once I get everything typed up and ready to click submit, I'll just highlightseverything and copy (hit ctrl-c) then hit submit. If it tanks, you can just open another post box and hit paste (ctrl-v) and you are right back where you were.
4x4dually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 05:42 PM   #13

I've done that a billion times on my phone and when I hit forward its all still there but I forget when on my computer which is rare and poof, $@&*!# gone. Usually is a short story too, lol! I use Gmail and it saves draft every few seconds. Very handy.
SultanGris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 09:17 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It has happened to most of us. Very frustrating isn't it? I can tell... As others have suggested, if I anticipate authoring a long post, I will write it up in WORD, then cut and paste into the irv2 message box. And on shorter ones, I try to remember to copy it to the clipboard before posting. What has helped is that most forums now auto-save your post as you write it. Not sure if irv2 does. You can still screw up and loose it, but it has saved me several times.

My best example of copying and pasting is the thread I authored on Allure laminate install. I kept Word going for two weeks as I did a running commentary with the install, pics and all. Seven pages in Word. That way when I posted it, the entire dialogue was together, with comments by others following, rather than interspersed day by day. Very intentional as I wanted it to be more of a how-to rather than a back and forth discussion. In that case I pasted each day's work as one post, all within an hour, adding pics as I posted the thread rather than hoping pasting text and pics from within Word would work properly.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/allu...all-91826.html
CJ7ole is offline   Reply With Quote