Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:29 AM   #15
At least he's not harmoniously liking parsnips.

Its not the Destination nor the Journey.
Its the Excursion - 2014 Fleetwood Excursion 33d
C n D Travels
NadaThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2013, 09:01 AM   #16
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Is it only IRV2 that this is happening with? And only sometimes?

On initial load of IRV2.com these come up

* Facebook Connect
* Facebook Social Plugins
* Google Adsense

When I refreshed this page these came up

* Google Adsense
* Google Analytics
* Quantcast
* SkimLinks

I don't use IE anymore but I do remember there is a way to block certain sites. I believe it is in tools or internet options somewhere. You might try blocking Quantcast and SkimLinks and see if that helps. You will need to get the syntax correct. Probably something like *.SkimLinks.com ???

wjell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 03:06 PM   #17
Nor'easters Club
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
iRV2 No Limits Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
IE issues

Yes you might have issues with IE from 8 to 10 with pages not loading, browsers freezing up and on and on. Have been working with computer for over 18 yrs. now and have always stood behind Microsoft products but of late IE has become an issue. I have been back and forth with MS support on this issue and more about IE and there is no fix at this time (from MS) The issues are from both sides, meaning both IE and the site you are trying to use, if the site you are trying to use does not have all the latest updated everything on their site you might get an error of freeze up.

I have always bounced back and forth from IE and chrome (do not recommend fire fox) but of late until MS gets it working better or most sites upgrade I will use chrome instead.

So just a heads up on the IE issues
Happy Camping from;
Smokey camping
Smokeycampin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 05:30 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I was getting this a couple of weeks ago ...like Rusty. Then it would work for a spell. I did a deep scan with panda antivirus, then hit it with WinZip System utilities and let it completely scrub the IE temp files, including cookies and pass words. I have not seen the problem since.

Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|Full-Time! - 2012 6.7L Ford Crew Cab Dually -2013 HitchHiker Champagne 38RLRSB - Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 05:45 PM   #19

Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Friends, as a man who knows a LOT about computer and computer network security I must recommend that you get away from IE ---at all cost.

Many in the security field (including myself) use Firefox. It's free, works very very well and is much more secure than IE and the lot.

This is not just an opinion. That's all I can say...
Leo & Cindy Thrush (aka "RVM46") Cats: Latte, Jelly Bean
"There are many things given to us in this life we do not deserve. What we do with such things; that is the true mark of a man!"
2005 Holiday Rambler, 45' PGA 2007 Jeep Liberty in trailer
thrushl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:13 PM   #20
I am using windows 8 and IE and firefox are crap on alot of pages (not all) IE and fire fox will take forever to load sometimes up to 1 1/2 min, fire fox is a little better than IE but I switched to google chrome and have not had the problem again and found it is up to 75% faster with win 8.

Fkrel is offline   Reply With Quote