Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-10-2006, 07:21 AM   #1

Actually, I have two questions.

1. I would like to understand better how the sub groups (great fragmentation IMO) under MHs, TTs & 5er and Popups is created. Earlier, I was told that it was based on demand. Now today I have seen that it is by sponsorship. & it has been alleged that discussion of other makes will lead to deletion of posts.

2. In order for good open discussion to occur, we need to understand and we need to be able to discuss all products.

Please advise.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-10-2006, 07:21 AM   #2

Actually, I have two questions.

1. I would like to understand better how the sub groups (great fragmentation IMO) under MHs, TTs & 5er and Popups is created. Earlier, I was told that it was based on demand. Now today I have seen that it is by sponsorship. & it has been alleged that discussion of other makes will lead to deletion of posts.

2. In order for good open discussion to occur, we need to understand and we need to be able to discuss all products.

Please advise.

Old 02-10-2006, 08:15 AM   #3

Official iRV2 Sponsor

99.9% of the layout for the forums has come through suggestions of members over the past 6 years.

There is only one forum that came by way of sponsorship and that is the Workhorse forum. Workhorse was looking for away to keep tabs on their product. Using owner feedback, wish list and issues to better the product. One of the few companies willing to stick it's neck out and take the good with the bad.

We started the Winnebago forum because of the large number of requests. Last year Winnebago stepped up to sponsor iRV2 and that forum. So the cart came before the horse on that one.

There are no other sponsors with their own forum at this time. I would love to see more sponsors step up to sponsor a forum in their name. Manufacturers monitoring customer feedback will only make a companies product or service better.

As far as new forums go, we are open to any manufacturer or subject relating to RV'ing if there is enough support. But as you can see we are very diverse already and it really has to make sense for us to add to this diversity.

Please keep the suggestions coming. We have definitely logged Marks request for a Ford chassis forum and if looks like there is enough interest we will add it or any other forum for that matter.

As far as deleting posts about this. A member had suggested since we did not immediately add a forum that they should go somewhere else. The post was false and in my opinion a way to promote another site. So I deleted it.

Bill
Old 02-10-2006, 08:16 AM   #4
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
The Groups were determined by types, when the site was founded it was decided that this would be a place for all types of RV'rs. When we have a rally we don't say you can't come because you don't have the right type of rig. We just want everyone to come that can and have fun. The other groups were started by suggestions from the members, the sub groups under the main topic were developed to keep all the discussions where everyone could find it easy. For example if you had a refrigerator problem and listed it under motor home problems, and I have the same refrigerator with the same problem but I have a TT I might not find your answers and so I wont get my solutions. Thats one problem with specific areas , the discussions should only be specific to that Frame or model not something that can be found on another rig. Those questions need to be where everyone can find them.

When we decide that a group is to be established in the owners area, we contact the Manufacturer and ask them to come in and sponsor the group. After all no one is qualified to answer questions about those type of problems except the manufacturers Representative. We as owners can discuss a problem and what we have done to solve it. but when they are involved a permanent solution can be found.

We do not delete anything because it is about another RV question. If you were to go into the pop -up area for example and post something about the engine on your MH, I would move it to the right area and send you a note saying I did it. (of course you need to have a e-mail address on file so I can do that.) We do delete post that are slanderous or offensive. And remember you can always delete your own post within a short time after you post it by going to the eraser in your window and clicking delete. and if you went into the Newmar forum and started ranting that you Alfa was the best or your type of truck was trash , it would be moved because it dose not belong there. You may find a post that is out of context or you don't feel for some reason it is a good thing to be there . If you see that click on the triangle in the window and it will send a notification to admin and it will be looked at and discussed with others to determined what the best action should be. I guess I answered your second question as well. We agree we want you to share your troubles, experiences, solutions , and you fun times with everyone.

Have a great day and I hope I answered your questions.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:30 AM   #5

Thank you both for your prompt responses.

I am glad to know about the ! in the triangle. That is a new one to me.

& that makes me make a suggestion. There are a lot of little icons around here. I've learned a lot of them by asking. & I do not know the 'jargon' for this, but many sites have a little text box that pops up if you hover your mouse just above the icon. If the icons here has such text boxes it would make them more user friendly. I'd like to know if this can be done.

Old 02-10-2006, 08:33 AM   #6
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
Yes , hold the pointer over most of them for a few sec. Bill slowed them down because the ones on top would shoot down if you touched them and you couldnt see what you were doing.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:40 AM   #7

Thanks again, yes they are noticeably slower than at other sites.

& the hover is over, not above.

Computers should make us all more patient and willing to look at another person's logic, but it sure is frustrating sometimes when you can't figure out that logic. (or when the cookie monsters have been trigger happy)