Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-29-2014, 11:14 PM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: MotherLoad foothills approx.60 m.s east of Sacramento
Windows 7, explorer, smart phone wired, works EVERYWHERE else...should work here......Why the push toward firefox unless .... Just like Dish telling us Fox News canceled the channel.....Does anyone tell the truth anymore? Does anyone even know the truth. I sure don't...so left guessing.

Full time since Nov 2012 RVM#41 Gary and Marian Hill 2001 Monaco Dynasty Jack 38' 370 hp ....If it ain't broke I can still fix it.
Like putting shoes on an octopuss, so are the days of our lives....
adamfolger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2014, 11:25 PM   #30

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm running Safari on an iMac and no problems at all.

SWag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 09:30 AM   #31

Ford Super Duty Owner
Running Windows 8.1, Firefox 34.0 and same problems as most others are having. Site seems to be working well this morning.
Old 01-01-2015, 03:48 AM   #32

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
This am (4:45 EST) takes approx. 10 to 15 seconds to load a page, any page, unless of course it freezes. EVERY other site loads in 1 or 2 seconds. We should not need a special device or browser just for this site.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 07:19 AM   #33

I tried Google Chrome. Yes it seemed to load faster but regularly had similar problems. The biggest problem I had with Chrome was that when I tried to copy, then paste a jpg from one thread, or even one post in the same thread to another, it would not paste the jpg, just the accompanying words.

For example in the New Members forum, when I tried to copy my whole normal welcome, the Welcome jpg would not copy, but the written welcome did. I just do not have the time right now to figure this out.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-08-2015, 08:35 AM   #34

I do have trouble with page loading iam using IE 8 ,but whats going on with some posts takeing up the whole screen
Old 01-08-2015, 08:42 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtharris View Post
Running Windows 7 and using Chrome can not upload an attachment will go 54% and stop sometimes to 81% but will not complete the unload.
Is it possible that you signed up for AVG virus protection (Free version) and it has expired; giving you pop-ups asking you to upgrade to a paid version?

IF so, our friends at AVG (perhaps all Free programs) seem to have devised a way to greatly slow down computer operations on computers that exceed the free trial.

the fix is to Uninstall AVG out of your computer. If you like AVG free, just download a Free trial version again. See if that helps.
Old 01-08-2015, 08:52 AM   #36

Excel Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
I started having problems last week. Pages froze, while loading ads. The pages wouldn't "un-freeze" until all of the ads had loaded. I'm running Windows 7 and Firefox. I installed adblock plus last week and the problems vanished! The site has been loading fast and as expected since!

I'm not pushing Firefox on anyone, I just prefer it to anything else. Whatever browser you use, try adding an ad blocking service that will work with your specific browser. There are add-ons that will work with almost any browser.

Get rid of the ads and I believe your problems will go away.

The ads causing the problem(s) are not hosted on the iRV2 server. Each iRV2 page has links to off-site ads. Those ads have to load before the iRV2 page will finish loading. If the ads get hung up, the page gets hung up.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
EMD_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 09:25 AM   #37

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
IE 11 and FF tells me your computer is a Win-Dozer.. Microsoft releases yet another patch every week it seems..

These patches are kind of like 1x3 self adheasive bandages (Commonly called by the name Band-Aid which is of course a trade marked name).

Now imagine you started layering bandages on top of a wound or two on your arm.. Eventually that arm would get very hard to use all bandaged up like that.

Your computer's operating system.... Not one bit different, Eventually it boggs down under the weight of all the bandages..

We need to force Microsoft to issue a full update, NOT just patch holes, holes which I happen to suspect they put there on purpose in many cases, but alas, i can not prove that.

Key word in that is SUSPECT.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:12 AM   #38

I use Google Chrome and haven't had any issues, If I use IE, I often get the kinds of problems described in this thread. My antique computer is still Win XP with IE8, which is the highest version if IE that's compatible.
Old 01-08-2015, 01:03 PM   #39
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The difference between browser loading times is usually the AD BLOCKER associated with the browser. It takes time to load all the ads, so if you are using Firefox with AdBlock Plus installed, you get much faster load times.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 01:16 PM   #40

Excel Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
The difference between browser loading times is usually the AD BLOCKER associated with the browser. It takes time to load all the ads, so if you are using Firefox with AdBlock Plus installed, you get much faster load times.

I second that and will add the fact, that having the adblocker installed, does not increase the time it takes Firefox to start up itself. The iRV2 website, however, loads like it should!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
EMD_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 08:39 PM   #41

A week ago my win 8.1 W/firefox began running very slow. I began the hunt, and found a 2nd anti-virus program that I had unknowingly downloaded with something else. The 2 anti-virus programs were not getting along at all. Erased McAffe and now back to normal.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 01:15 PM   #42

I installed AdBlock Plus for IE. It seems faster for now. I will report back at a future date after I see how it performs over time.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]