Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-29-2013, 06:58 AM   #15
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
No one's access will be removed if they do not upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Hubrich View Post

If you do not extend your subscription, access will be removed.

Route 66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2013, 07:02 AM   #16

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Talk is cheap, I just renewed, turns out I did create a paypal account the first time around. Must have liked what I read then so it will serve me now.

Chances are I paid twice I can't seem to figure out if I was an auto renewal or not? I'll take that up if need be later. Could just be I am not reading correctly.

However, now that I am a paid supporter: I will observe that the notice for this is very clumsily written, same with the procedures and I think just some editing in the future will ward off some concern folks are expressing.

njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:14 AM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
My response: I am not paying for these forums, they are not that important to me.. If I'm allowed to continue as a free member. OK but I am not paying.
You have a choice . . . just make it!
Old 12-29-2013, 07:38 AM   #18

That message was not from Paypal. It is a poorly worded message that included the following:If you do not extend your subscription, access will be removed. That is a threat! No explanation of whether you will not be able to enter the forums or is it just some exclusive parts of the forum. If the latter there is no mention of which areas are exclusive. IMHO a real PR blunder. If indeed the forum owners are planning on making this a paid forum they should look at others who have tried this tactic. Usually results in a good forum becoming a waste of time due to very few posts. I have noticed the growth of IRV2 over the last few years and it would be a shame to reverse the growth. We all support this forum by seeing almost a half screen of advertising. If being a paid member removes ALL of the advertising membership might be a good idea. That message should have included a link to somewhere on the forum where this support membership is explained.
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:45 AM   #19

http://www.irv2.com/forums/payments.php
This is a link to the exclusive membership benefits.
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:52 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Right, wrong or indifferent, the creator of message seems to have made the assumption anyone that already had an "iRV2 Supporter" designation knew what it meant and what extra features it included . . . apparently not the case, but not really a big deal!

You can either choose to continue with those extra features or not. No crisis, not really a blunder of ginourmous proportion. JMHO

One aspect of this of which you should be aware . . . if you decide to be an "iRV2 Supporter," it is an annually recurring subscription. So you'll automatically renew and renew and renew, etc., for however long you let it go.

Now I like iRV2. Made a "donation" some years ago and became an "iRV2 Supporter" when that was created . . . and I just made another "donation" for 2014 . . . BUT I choose to reserve judgement on making any further "donations" on a year-to-year basis. SO, after making the 2014 "donation," I went into my PayPal account and cancelled the recurring subscription. I'll decide next year if I want to continue beyond that.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:13 AM   #21
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
As I posted above "No one's access will be removed if they do not upgrade."

iRV2 will not become a paid forum. It will continue to be free.

Route 66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:27 AM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Setting up the "supporter" thing as an annually recurring thing is a bit presumptuous from my point of view. C'mon, Andy and the rest of the gang should "earn" those donations at least annually.

iRV2 is a great place, but don't take things for granted!
Old 12-29-2013, 09:14 AM   #23

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
Just what special privileges do we get for $15.03? OBTW - What's with the 3 cents.

I will probably pay it as I will use it as a tax deduction...

As for PayPal... You don't have to have a PP account to use it. Just continue as a guest and pay with your CC.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:26 AM   #24

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The supporter status gives you a few advantages as a user, and obviously shows your support.

And what are the "Few advantages"? Specifically what advantage?

safe travels... ed
Old 12-29-2013, 09:42 AM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
If you don't pay you lose some benefits that you probably didn't even know you had.
And maybe more adds will be on a page?
But I don't see them anyway now.
Are they adds on the side here?
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 09:57 AM   #26

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
************ WARNING ***********

Should you use PayPal you are "signing up" for a re-occurring subscription. IE - PayPal will automatically bill you every year and MAY not send you an Email notifying you about it. You can cancel the subscription via PayPal.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:18 AM   #27

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I became a supporter this year. I feel it is well worth the $15.00 annually to help pay for the operation and maintenance for what we get out of the forum's. The moderators do an excellent job of keeping things in check.

Chuck
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350,F53 Chassis Chassis build date 1/99, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags front & rear, Koni Shocks,Blue OX TruCenter,TigerTrak track bars front & rear, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar,2004 F450 Lariat 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW with B & W Custom Truck Bed, 1994 36 ft. Avion 5th Wheel
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:23 AM   #28

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
I agree we all have a choice. I CHOOSE to continue to support a great forum that has saved myself and others hundreds if not thousands of dollars and untold hours of labor working on our coaches. If others choose not to contribute, that's an individual decision. For me, it's well worth it and then some. I consider it a donation and not a fee.

RVRon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scr