Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-29-2013, 10:47 AM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by oemtech View Post
************ WARNING ***********

Should you use PayPal you are "signing up" for a re-occurring subscription. IE - PayPal will automatically bill you every year and MAY not send you an Email notifying you about it. You can cancel the subscription via PayPal.
I think everyone that used "pay pal" to pay the first time was told this and it was in the instructions ,,,, I read this and knew this when I paid. Is this a warning for people that pay for something and do not read the entire agreement for something they just paid for?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2013, 10:51 AM   #30
Retired Senior Member

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for the clarification Route66 (and others). My confusion came from the word "Expiry" and the $0.03 on the amount. The scam ads on ebay and CL usually have some unfamiliar word usage and abnormal dollar amounts.

RonNBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:01 AM   #31

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I sign up every year for State Park Pass here in Washington, but I almost never go to any parks. I like the idea, that's all, and that is it for me. I enjoy IRV2 and fifteen bucks seems relatively "risk" free.

It is a reoccurring fee" at paypal with no renewal notice and much has been made of those types of "billings" lately so folks get a little put off by it occurring here on IRV2 a trusted entity. Kind of like a mouse dropping on a wedding cake.

I just put a notice on my smart phone calendar to notify me next year so I do not forget. Lots of ways to manage this which are simple and effective. Others have explained their methods.

The three cents is weird, that's my two cents.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 12:16 PM   #32

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by moisheh View Post
That message was not from Paypal. It is a poorly worded message that included the following:If you do not extend your subscription, access will be removed. That is a threat! No explanation of whether you will not be able to enter the forums or is it just some exclusive parts of the forum. If the latter there is no mention of which areas are exclusive. IMHO a real PR blunder. ......That message should have included a link to somewhere on the forum where this support membership is explained.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonNBama View Post
Thanks for the clarification Route66 (and others). My confusion came from the word "Expiry" and the $0.03 on the amount. The scam ads on ebay and CL usually have some unfamiliar word usage and abnormal dollar amounts.
I happened to read this thread before opening my email today. Glad I did. That email message is terribly written and misleading. It reads like it was written from a place not on the North American continent. Luckily, I was familiar with the 'Supporter' program and knew what it was.

The $.03 is kind of pathetic. If some bean counter initially calculated that amount, his boss should have told him to round it down to $15.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:22 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonNBama View Post
Exactly. Who charges $.03 for anything? It looks like things I've seen from Somalia. Either way, this came completely out of the blue with no explanation other than what I stated it said, and that ain't good enough. As for the link, I'm not clicking on that either unless I KNOW that the email itself is valid.

Is it me or did anyone else know they were "upgraded" and are subject to recurring charges. Whoever wrote that email needs a course in voluntary donation school, because this is a slap in the face for an ad supported website that I personally use (the ads) often. They need to go back and completely start over, explain what it is, why, and what the options are, rather than just saying send this completely off-the-wall amount or my "access will be removed" (that's a quote). Really? With that wording and attitude I know exactly what my response will be.

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 12:37 PM   #34

Gulf Streamers Club
I became a supporting member because I like the forum. I use AdBlock, (currently blocking 18 ads on this page) and felt if I wasn't going to load the ads, I should still give some revenue to the forum. In addition, I enjoy the added storage and other benefits of being a supporting member.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 12:49 PM   #35

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ah shucks,

I sent my 15 bucks and 3 cents.

I like the perks-

I seem to remember something about this years ago- M. Pelchat set me straight.

I can't remember what happened last week though-
Old 12-29-2013, 01:48 PM   #36

Come on Man. I sent a request to see what was up and I get directed to this link instead of getting a simple down to earth answer. Pay or No Pay - can't one of the admins just put it out that way? If I have to pay forget it - too many sites out there with tons of information for free. JMO
Old 12-29-2013, 02:06 PM   #37

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired MCPO View Post
Come on Man. I sent a request to see what was up and I get directed to this link instead of getting a simple down to earth answer. Pay or No Pay - can't one of the admins just put it out that way? If I have to pay forget it - too many sites out there with tons of information for free. JMO
It has been stated a few times. You can be a member for FREE, no charge. You won't have the extra storage or other things supporting members have access to, but YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY TO BE A MEMBER.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 02:16 PM   #38
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired MCPO View Post
The request you sent was;

Quote:
Since when was this a "paid" subscription?
You were directed to this thread in the hopes it would have answered your question.
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 02:26 PM   #39

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
It's a tie.

Once more with feeling, you do not have to pay to be a member.

and, the awkward wording and implementation has contributed greatly to the misunderstandings.

So pay up or not either way you still get IRV2, and IMHO either way it is a bargain.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 05:02 PM   #40
Community Administrator

Thor Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
My apologies for the poor communications. The text was the default text that comes built into the software that powers our site (vBulletin). I have updated the text with the following:
Quote:
Dear $username,

Thanks for being an iRV2 Supporter! We really appreciate your ongoing support and hope that you will choose to continue supporting our community in the years to come. Just think about how much time you spend on iRV2, where else can you get expert advice, save thousands on RV repairs and feel great about supporting such a great community?

Our records show that your upgraded account is up for renewal. If you selected a recurring subscription when you upgraded you will be automatically billed for the renewal, if not, then you need to renew your subscription at the following link:
$vboptions[bburl]/payments.php

If you do not renew, thanks for your support in the past. Your account will be set back to the the regular free membership and added perks will be removed. Please consider upgrading for another year, it will ensure our community remains online for years to come.

Thanks again for being a great iRV2 member and helping support our community. We look forward to many more fun filled years together.

Kind Regards,

The iRV2 Team
Once again, I am sorry for the poorly worded default text that was being sent out. We very much appreciate everyone's ongoing support and wish you all the best for 2014.

Regards,

Andy
Old 12-29-2013, 05:04 PM   #41
Community Administrator

Thor Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
I almost forgot to answer the question about the price with the strange $.03 added to the end. That's done for accounting reasons so the transactions can be easily identified and coded in the accounting software.
Old 12-29-2013, 05:09 PM   #42

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Thanks for the update and clarification, Andy.

RVRon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scr