Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-01-2014, 06:22 PM   #71

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
Don't expect people wanting to be upset to read the facts and apologies. They'd rather remain upset and tell the story THEIR way!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
Some people just like to hear themselves rant.

Maybe it's the fact that he received a complimentary 2 year membership for free and then had to pay $15.03 to keep it that set him off.

It's amazing what a few bucks will do to some people.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
This is still going on? A mistake was made & an explanation/apology offered. Yes, this wasn't communicated well nor timed ideally. We acknowledge that. It was a complete oversight on our part to not have informed you the free upgrade came with an expiration date when we rolled the program out in 2012. I don't think there's one amongst us that hasn't screwed up or regretted something we've said or done at some point in our lives.

We're truly sorry for the confusion & obvious angst this has caused the members who received that message. Please, won't you forgive us? It is New Year's.....after all.

Lori-
I apologize for all the feathers I've obviously ruffled. My beef wasn't about the wording. That issue was explained. I was concerned that the initial problem was being exasperated by the misstep of removing the supporter status before folks even had a chance to make a payment.

I've been a member here for over ten years, attended several national and regional rallies, and received and contributed valuable information via the forum over the years. I just don't like to see things go sideways because of inattention to important details. I have no problem making a $15.03 payment. Just don't give me a two day window to do it.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-01-2014, 09:57 PM   #72

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
This is still going on? A mistake was made & an explanation/apology offered. Yes, this wasn't communicated well nor timed ideally. We acknowledge that. It was a complete oversight on our part to not have informed you the free upgrade came with an expiration date when we rolled the program out in 2012. I don't think there's one amongst us that hasn't screwed up or regretted something we've said or done at some point in our lives.

We're truly sorry for the confusion & obvious angst this has caused the members who received that message. Please, won't you forgive us? It is New Year's.....after all.

Lori-
Totally agree. If you don't feel what you get outnof the forum don't pay the $15.03. If you do pay it, as for me it is well worth the $15.03 to support iRV2.

Chuck

1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350,F53 Chassis Chassis build date 1/99, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags front & rear, Koni Shocks,Blue OX TruCenter,TigerTrak track bars front & rear, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar,2004 F450 Lariat 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW with B & W Custom Truck Bed, 1994 36 ft. Avion 5th Wheel
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:10 PM   #73

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I note with some interest that about 1700 people have viewed this thread, there are about 70 responses, many repeats. So more than 1600 folks looked at this, were satisfied, or got the picture, or didn't and did not care enough to even respond.

It seems the roll out was a rocky but unqualified success.

That is my three cents.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:00 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by njs42 View Post
I note with some interest that about 1700 people have viewed this thread, there are about 70 responses, many repeats. So more than 1600 folks looked at this, were satisfied, or got the picture, or didn't and did not care enough to even respond.

It seems the roll out was a rocky but unqualified success.

That is my three cents.
Gee, I think not. I agree with Half Dimes, whose comment was regarding given 2 days notice to subscribe to maintain Irv2 Supporter status before status was removed. Most billing cycles are 30 days. His point was well taken. Not good business practices.
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:28 PM   #75

Winnebago Owners Club
. . .

. . .
Old 01-02-2014, 08:40 PM   #76

Old 01-02-2014, 08:45 PM   #77

Quote:

Lori-
No way.

50 lashes and straight to bed with no dinner.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:31 AM   #78

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:34 AM   #79

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Drake, post #76--

I love it. Where in the world did you find this?

Initially, I was so mad about this, I was going to take a scrapper and have Cindy take a picture of me removing my irv2 decal on the rear of my motorhome-and then post it-

I wrote Mike P (Driver) and he explained the deal to me. That calmed me right down. The two day notice bit, and the wording, got to me too. I had totally forgotten what transpired two years ago when this program was started.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:07 AM   #80
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:

Lori-
OK Lori, ten lashes with a wet noodle for you! Seriously, you folks do a great job with this forum. I couldn't even begin to count up what I have saved in the last 12 years through info I got from the great folks here on IRV2! I consider the $15.03 a donation to a good cause, not a subscription! I will make my contribution today!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:22 AM   #81
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
WOW! That was FAST! One minute I'm not a supporter, next minute I am!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:00 AM   #82

Fleetwood Owners Club
I and my DW are proud to be part of IRV2! The mere pitence of $15.00 is most certainly returned a thousand percent!! There are those among us that feel different. That's their way and it surely follows every endeavor in life attempted.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:15 PM   #83

Newmar Owners Club
The bottom line is that iRV2 has evolved from a nonprofit to a for profit site. This has seen a huge increase in advertising and now asking members to pay for an "elite" status. This is not right or wrong, it is the way any for profit business operates. The business provides a value. For that value the business tries to get the most $s possible.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:26 PM   #84
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
WOW! That was FAST! One minute I'm not a supporter, next minute I am!
Maybe just one good point of computerization trying to off set the bad.

See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scr