Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-07-2014, 05:13 AM   #295

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Cliff already knows but I figured I would update. I received my decals and immediately displayed them on the coach! I hope others will see them and give us a wave, honk or stop by!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2014, 06:29 AM   #296
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I know it worked for me. I was able to meet a few members and introduced a few others who saw my sticker.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1410089308.811959.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	830.8 KB
ID:	73220
I kept this on the dash while parked.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 11:05 PM   #297

Winnebago Owners Club
I think this is a great forum and worth supporting. I will gladly give you my $15 (and .03 cents...)
Old 09-09-2014, 05:53 AM   #298
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks for your support. Make sure to take advantage of the perks that come with it.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 07:51 PM   #299

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I clicked the link to become an iRV2 Supporter, and find that the only available payment method is through PayPal. PayPal? Seriously? Why are you people consorting with thieves?

Three times ten years ago those b@st@%ds got into my checking account and stole money before I could shut it down. It won't happen a fourth.

I've benefitted greatly from iRV2, and I'd like to support the ongoing effort. Can I send a check? MO? Cash? Stamps? Drop by the office? Send you some chocolate chip cookies?

Anything but PayPal.
JFXG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 08:07 PM   #300

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFXG View Post
I clicked the link to become an iRV2 Supporter, and find that the only available payment method is through PayPal. PayPal? Seriously? Why are you people consorting with thieves?

Three times ten years ago those b@st@%ds got into my checking account and stole money before I could shut it down. It won't happen a fourth.

I've benefitted greatly from iRV2, and I'd like to support the ongoing effort. Can I send a check? MO? Cash? Stamps? Drop by the office? Send you some chocolate chip cookies?

Anything but PayPal.

No doubt, pay pal is bunch of lying thieves, however, don't knock the forum - it's the way the software is built in. Support or don't support - maybe they will make an arrangement for a check.

BTW, I refuse to do any "real" business with both paypal and ebay these days, but a subscription to a forum.... not a big deal. But I really like the cc cookies idea!! And I fully support IVR2.COM finding a new or alternative payment method, which really is up to the software writer of this forum, of which IRV2 is many many generations in the past.

Can't blame em though, what works works... and it ain't a democracy - and they are still using vbulletin 3.8 beta ( in version 5.x now, but there was not vast improvement beyond 3.8, that's for sure!!! - the newer versions stink!

so smart on IRV2 for not bandwagoning up the crud chain But the choice has a trade off.... limiting the payment methods to available for the release.
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
2005 Fleetwood Revolution
'12 Chevy 2500HD
'15 Airstream International Signature 27FB
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 08:08 PM   #301

Fleetwood Owners Club
Consequently, you can pay with your credit card without having a paypal account or access to your bank account.
'12 Chevy 2500HD
Old 10-01-2014, 08:34 PM   #302

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Not my intent to knock the forum.... I apologize that it came across that way.

Paying with a CC "not connected" to a PayPal account is a false solution. There's still $$ flowing from my bank to PP, even if the connection only lasts for milliseconds. Paypal worked hard to earn my distrust, and I shan't deny them!

No, I guess if I want the lovely blue "iRV2 Supporter" label I'll have to wait for an alternative method. (You'd think they would want to make it easier for people to give them money!)

My tech advisor is my son, the software engineer. He looked at the way PayPal's system is set up, and HE refuses to have anything to do with them. He doesn't even like to sit beside someone connected to PayPal!

I don't fully understand these things, just being an obsolete airline pilot, but his advice is good enough for me.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:34 AM   #303

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFXG View Post
Not my intent to knock the forum.... I apologize that it came across that way.

Paying with a CC "not connected" to a PayPal account is a false solution. There's still $$ flowing from my bank to PP, even if the connection only lasts for milliseconds. Paypal worked hard to earn my distrust, and I shan't deny them!

No, I guess if I want the lovely blue "iRV2 Supporter" label I'll have to wait for an alternative method. (You'd think they would want to make it easier for people to give them money!)

My tech advisor is my son, the software engineer. He looked at the way PayPal's system is set up, and HE refuses to have anything to do with them. He doesn't even like to sit beside someone connected to PayPal!

I don't fully understand these things, just being an obsolete airline pilot, but his advice is good enough for me.
I'm sorry! I didn't mean to sound rude either, truly!!

I have an idea for you though, aside from begging to mail in a check.

You could order a one time, prepaid card (or buy one at walgreens or what have you) and pay with that. You would still supply paypal with .60 cents, BUT they wouldn't have any of your real credit card data. Just a thought.

Also PM in your box with a deeper apology and a funny story you'll appreciate.
'12 Chevy 2500HD
Old 10-02-2014, 07:38 AM   #304
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Correct. Paypal is the only method available as it's an entirely automated process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma800 View Post
Consequently, you can pay with your credit card without having a paypal account or access to your bank account.

No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message, but millions of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

Route 66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 04:00 PM   #305

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Well, as much as I'd like to support iRV2, PayPal is making it impossible. I went out and bought a small prepaid Visa card to use specifically for this transaction, but PayPal will not accept it. A prepaid card! Why do you suppose they insist on being connected to peoples' bank accounts?

These are the people you choose to deal with.

If you want my financial support, you will have to implement an alternative method. Sorry.
Old 10-06-2014, 04:13 PM   #306
RVM1

iRV2 Supporters

Maybe not a likeable answer, but an answer.
I use paypal a lot. No issues. But I dont deal with any possible shady characters at the other end of the transaction, like some auction sites.
It is automated for iRV2. No worries!

"It is very hard to use a prepaid card on PayPal due to their extended verification system, which is impossible to do with a prepaid visa gift card."
Paypal is being careful. Not a bad thing.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 04:30 PM   #307

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Dave, when we get to "Son of" I will relate to you how over $400.00 suddenly was suspect so they cancelled my account. Still out the $400.00 dollars.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 04:39 PM   #308
RVM1

I'm certain there can always be a wrinkle, but not in this type of transaction.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote