Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-07-2014, 05:04 AM   #309
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
It is not necessary to be linked to your bank account to use PayPal to upgrade your account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFXG View Post
Well, as much as I'd like to support iRV2, PayPal is making it impossible. I went out and bought a small prepaid Visa card to use specifically for this transaction, but PayPal will not accept it. A prepaid card! Why do you suppose they insist on being connected to peoples' bank accounts?

These are the people you choose to deal with.

If you want my financial support, you will have to implement an alternative method. Sorry.

Route 66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2014, 05:51 AM   #310

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
This is how you fund your PayPal account. https://www.paypal-cash.com/

No Bank Account, No Credit Cards involved, although It's not listed I think I got my last one at Wal*Mart.

Edit
Whoops: DW tells me I got it at Walgreens, I used to get a Money Card at Wal*Mart

Old 10-11-2014, 05:29 AM   #311

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I just wanted to let all the staff that make this great site avilable a great big THANK YOU!!! This is my go to place for everthing from TV's to oil/filter changes.I am glad all of the members here are so willing to help. Happy Trails.......
Old 10-11-2014, 05:31 AM   #312
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thanks for the kind words!

Old 10-11-2014, 05:36 AM   #313
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
Thanks for the kind words!
X 2 :-)

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 09:38 AM   #314

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetop View Post
I just wanted to let all the staff that make this great site avilable a great big THANK YOU!!! This is my go to place for everthing from TV's to oil/filter changes.I am glad all of the members here are so willing to help. Happy Trails.......
x2 this is my one and only hangout.
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
2005 Fleetwood Revolution
'12 Chevy 2500HD
'15 Airstream International Signature 27FB
plasma800 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 06:45 PM   #315

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Love IRV2.com! Thanks for all the help!
FMCA-GOOD SAM
jstdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 11:39 AM   #316

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Do you offer any other payment options? I refuse to use PayPal because of their requirement that I prove my existence with a birth certificate, SS card, or other personally identifiable document. PayPal is not something that I MUST have. My personal documents are kept under lock-and-key and I don't just show them to anyone. Thank you.

Edit - Have you looked into accepting Google Wallet payments?
Elexwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 12:45 PM   #317
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Paypal is the only payment process we have.

You do not need a Paypal account as you can pay with a credit card via Paypal.

Old 01-19-2015, 05:06 PM   #318

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Unfortunately that is incorrect. PayPal forces you to create an account in order to pay via credit card. Regrettably I will have to wait until another payment process becomes available. Thank you for your help.
Old 01-19-2015, 05:14 PM   #319

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elexwiz View Post
Do you offer any other payment options? I refuse to use PayPal because of their requirement that I prove my existence with a birth certificate, SS card, or other personally identifiable document. PayPal is not something that I MUST have. My personal documents are kept under lock-and-key and I don't just show them to anyone. Thank you.

All I had to do to setup an account was for PayPal to verify my credit card and email address. Set mine up several years ago, maybe things have changed.
Chuck & Teri, 1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53 Chassis Chassis build date 1/99, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags front & rear, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars front & rear, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2004 F450 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW with B & W Custom Truck Bed, 1994 36 ft. Avion 5th Wheel
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 05:24 PM   #320

Quote:

I have a PayPal account and didn't have to show any of that. Here's the requirements from their website:

Quote:
What information is required to open a Personal PayPal account?

To open a Personal account, you just need to provide your name, address, phone number, and email address.

For your protection, you’ll create a password for your new account and choose 2 security questions. If you forget your password, we’ll ask you to answer your security questions to log in to your account.

After you sign up for an account, you can start receiving money right away. You’ll need to add a payment method (like a credit card or bank account) to send money.
Unquote
Old 01-19-2015, 06:10 PM   #321

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My PayPal was hacked and the person attempted to transfer money from my account to their own. I caught this very quickly and cancelled the transfer. My second step was to remove my bank account from my PayPal account and change my password. Upon removing my bank account my PayPal account went from VERIFIED to UNVERIFIED. The below is from an email from PayPal.

C. Why did my account status change from Verified to Unverified?

If you have removed your confirmed bank account information from your PayPal account and/or you have closed your PayPal Credit, PayPal Extras MasterCard®, or PayPal Smart Connect account, your account status will change from Verified to Unverified.
PayPal members must maintain a confirmed bank account with their PayPal account or keep their PayPal Credit/PayPal Card account open in order to remain Verified and to enjoy the benefits associated with Verified member status.
We ask our members to fulfill this requirement so that we can maintain an ongoing relationship with our Verified members and ensure the highest security for our network.
In order to regain your Verified status and lift the limits associated with unverified accounts, complete PayPal's Verification requirements which can be found by clicking on the "Get Verified" link after logging into your PayPal account.
You do not have to repeat the confirmation process again for the bank account that was already confirmed. You can just re-add it to your PayPal account and it will maintain the Verified status.

The steps required to re-verify are to either re-link my bank account or provide birth certificate, ss card, driver's license, etc. I refuse to take the risk of linking my bank account and I most certainly will not transmit my personal documentation to them. When was the last time a company asked you to GIVE them (not just view) a copy of those documents? PayPal is an online payment service, certainly NOT a necessity in life. I told them to delete my account as I will never comply with their requirements. 99% of internet purchases can be made successfully using a credit card. Unfortunately for vendors like IRV2, I cannot make donations or conduct business unless they offer other payment options. For IRV2, I really want to make this happen so tomorrow I will give the money to a friend and ask them to make the transaction.
Old 01-19-2015, 06:47 PM   #322

Quote:
My PayPal was hacked and the person attempted to transfer money from my account to their own. I caught this very quickly and cancelled the transfer. My second step was to remove my bank account from my PayPal account and change my password. Upon removing my bank account my PayPal account went from VERIFIED to UNVERIFIED. The below is from an email from PayPal.

C. Why did my account status change from Verified to Unverified?

If you have removed your confirmed bank account information from your PayPal account and/or you have closed your PayPal Credit, PayPal Extras MasterCard®, or PayPal Smart Connect account, your account status will change from Verified to Unverified.
PayPal members must maintain a confirmed bank account with their PayPal account or keep their PayPal Credit/PayPal Card account open in order to remain Verified and to enjoy the benefits associated with Verified member status.
We ask our members to fulfill this requirement so that we can maintain an ongoing relationship with our Verified members and ensure the highest security for our network.
In order to regain your Verified status and lift the limits associated with unverified accounts, complete PayPal's Verification requirements which can be found by clicking on the "Get Verified" link after logging into your PayPal account.
You do not have to repeat the confirmation process again for the bank account that was already confirmed. You can just re-add it to your PayPal account and it will maintain the Verified status.

The steps required to re-verify are to either re-link my bank account or provide birth certificate, ss card, driver's license, etc. I refuse to take the risk of linking my bank account and I most certainly will not transmit my personal documentation to them. When was the last time a company asked you to GIVE them (not just view) a copy of those documents? PayPal is an online payment service, certainly NOT a necessity in life. I told them to delete my account as I will never comply with their requirements. 99% of internet purchases can be made successfully using a credit card. Unfortunately for vendors like IRV2, I cannot make donations or conduct business unless they offer other payment options. For IRV2, I really want to make this happen so tomorrow I will give the money to a friend and ask them to make the transaction.
Wow, I hope you caught the hacker and pressed charges. Was the hacker someone you knew that maybe had access to login information?