Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2013, 03:48 PM   #155

I turned "Updates" off on my XP machine years ago. When I installed IE8, it messed up a bunch of stuff and changed some of my settings. Was not fun to remove. Tried to install IE7, but it says it is already there or a newer version is installed. 6 Kinda works, but I rarely use it. MS does not know what is best for me... ever.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2013, 04:12 PM   #156
YC1

Interesting. The ads at the bottom are not blinking. I'm at my home computer. This AM using my office computer they were blinking and the forum was miserably slow.

The forum seems fast right now and lo and behold the ad has changed since editing this and is now blinking.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:57 PM   #157

I don't get any ads and definitely not blinking ones. I feel cheated.

I have AdBlock Plus, AdBlock and NoAds. The only one enabled is Adblock. Got nag pop-ups from AdBlock Plus

Maybe somebody thinks, if you can afford to be a "Supporter", you can afford whatever it is their yelling(blinking) at you.

Old 01-24-2013, 04:03 AM   #158

Newmar Owners Club
I just downloaded "Adblock" this morning due to the fact that irv2 was really slow to load, when waiting for the page to load it would jump and right at the end a quick jump again (like a quick flash) then the page would work. Writing all over the pages highlighted in the backgroung color with ad's attached to them , now it is all gone with adblock and the website is SMOKIN FAST! I do not have any ad's on IRV2 no more..........Great!!!!
Old 01-24-2013, 10:43 AM   #159
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Today iRV2 is back to normal and working well and I did not have to do anything.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:59 AM   #160

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just noticed the same thing myself yet all other web pages I visit my speeds are normal. No it is not just you.
KenNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:01 AM   #161

Are the flashing ads still there?

Old 01-24-2013, 11:55 AM   #162

Country Coach Owners Club
Seems to me that with all the hits on "slow IRV2" there is something going on at your end and not the connection to your server. I love this site and learn a lot and share when I can but waiting to scroll down is worse today than before.
chuydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:59 AM   #163

Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Craig, Sorry Craig, but you get called out because of your excellent explanation of the trace results. I did multiple traces as you suggested.

I ran the 'tracert irv2.com' three time over the last 20 minutes and I got the timed out * at hop 12 every time. Now would the problem site be shown in hop 11 or hop 13? Two out of three times, on hop 13, the first 'ping' of the three timed out as well. I'm even slower today than yesterday.

I jumped from this page to the Forums main page and it consistently takes 12-13 seconds to load 'Forum' main page. Then using my IE 'back' arrow to get back here and that is taking 9-10 seconds. I'm not having this with any other web sites. Even Amazon loads faster and Amazon is always slow as well.

RinkersRanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:37 PM   #164

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
run a trace to amazon and compare the hops.. See which ones are the same and different..
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:26 PM   #165
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I am not trying to start an operating system war or a particular browser war, but this subject has me interested and wondering what is going on. Especially since I don't have a "slow" problem at all. So I stuck the following into my Google search engine:

"new [operating sysem] update causing slow internet" without the quotes.[Where "operating system] is your particular OS] I was surprised at how many times in the past several years this same subject has come up, and some resolutions. Most of the times, errors in updates will eventually fix themselves with a new update. It may not just be an operating system update, but any software update.

Some software runs unsuspectingly in the background and this can cause some problems in computers that are a few years old and cannot keep up with the software technology changes.

No, I'm not saying to run out and buy a new system, or a different system. All I'm trying to do is put some information out there that may, or may not, help to understand what might be going on.

So please continue to post any problems you are having, and especially any resolutions that you may have used that helped. All operating systems and software packages are prone to "having problems." Some are simple and some are major. What may work on one system now will not work in a month or so when a new "upgrade" comes out, then the other system works better until a "new upgrade" is developed for it, and back and forth.

If you are running an ad blocking program, please indicate what browser you are using that program with. It doesn't help someone that does not have a compatible piece of software to try and load an ad blocking program that will not work with their software.

Again i'd like to reiterate that I am not advocated that you "change for ever" to a new software package but to just try a different package as a test to see if it changes anything. The information that is provided back to this thread may help to narrow down the overall problem.

Do some searching and research, please.

Happy trails.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:37 PM   #166

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Yahoo to Rick Long
This is the ONLY site that is slow for me.
Rick Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:43 AM   #167

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Long View Post
This is the ONLY site that is slow for me.
Download this ad blocker, I have no more ad's! Not only on IRV2 but it cleaned up every web page and is blocking all ad's. It made a huge difference on the page loading time on here.

Adblock for Internet Explorer version IE7, IE8, IE9 and IE10 – Simple Adblock
Old 01-25-2013, 06:51 AM   #168

Newmar Owners Club
Just wondering if anyone from irv2 has responded to the problem. Generaly one of the mods will respond..........I'm not going on here as often as I had been because it is taking an average of 12 seconds each time I open a post. It's only on this site, all the others respond within 1 second or so.