Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-25-2013, 08:45 AM   #169

I also have been wondering where the IRV2 support folks are. I have sent several PMs with data I have gathered concerning this problem with only limited response, and no response for quite a while. I also downloaded Firefox and have run similar performance tests between IE8 and Firefox. I can see very limited if any improved response times for every site I usually go to with Firefox. However when going to IRV2 there is a signifncant performance increase with Firefox., however, as I have used Firefox the last several days, for just going to IRV2, I have obserevd a definite degradation in performance. It's still faster than IE8 for IRV2, but is also slowing down. Sure wish someone would inform us as to the progress the IRV2 support folks working on this problem are making. I would like to get back to running one ISP, and much prefer IE8.

2003 Fleetwood Expedition 38N 2005 Saturn Vue
jlfbatonrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2013, 01:34 PM   #170
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
Download this ad blocker, I have no more ad's! Not only on IRV2 but it cleaned up every web page and is blocking all ad's. It made a huge difference on the page loading time on here.

Adblock for Internet Explorer version IE7, IE8, IE9 and IE10 – Simple Adblock
I downloaded the Adblock for IE and tried it again on IRV2.

Internet Explorer 8 w/Adblock= dead slow!
Firefox w/Adblock Plus= Super fast!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:13 PM   #171
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99-Am.Star View Post
Just wondering if anyone from irv2 has responded to the problem. .

We are watching this thread had have responded to some folks many times via Pm and e-mail. The problems here complex and I suspect we have several unique issues. One of the biggest ones is that we can't duplicate the issue once you remove the member introduced anomalies. Old browser versions, add-ins, etc. Still, we've been reading every post - monitoring and looking for some commonality that we can ID clearly as the issue.

Folks have been sending tracert results to the help desk and we are seeing a mix of no issue at all, slow downs in places we can't control (like a local provider) and the occasional slow ad. Everyone sees different ads so that's a problem. We have also seen some problems with individual system set ups, either an outdated browser or some security scheme that stops page loads. Again these are end user issues and not something we can help with other than to make suggestions about a more standard setup.

We are paying attention and care very much about member browsing experiences as a community with members that can't participate is quickly diminished.

iRV2 Custom Search Tool
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:01 PM   #172

MS. Janet H,

Thanks so much for the update. It is most helpful to users to know something is being done.

2003 Fleetwood Expedition 38N 2005 Saturn Vue
jlfbatonrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:18 PM   #173

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
You do know IE8 is no longer supported, correct? Or will not be soon.. Google dropped support last year, and MS will very soon..
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:20 AM   #174

The page loads partially then sits for 10-15 seconds been about a week. Could be something with Google they seem to want to take over and have been screwing up systems at work. Work is going to cut access to them because of the issues. I'm dropping my gmail and going to hotmail. Google wants too much info and such. They don't need my phone number or to know where I vacation
mikell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:36 AM   #175

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Google stopped support for alot of things from Microsoft. BIG battle going on right now. Google just dropped ActiveSync for Gmail on WinPhone8...
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:26 PM   #176

Thor Owners Club
The forum was slow at 0600 this morning where it took 10-15 secs to load up a page and every now and again the screen went black for 5 secs or so before the new page came up. this afternoon the site appears to be running, at least on my computer, normally with no waits for pages to come up.
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:42 PM   #177

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I am using "Chrome" as my browser and I do not see the issue with slow response?? I use MiFi 4g as my internet connection.
2011 Dutch Star #4344 - 2014 Buick Enclave W/Blue Ox Aventa LX Tow Bar and base-plate
SMI Air Force One brake
Terry43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:11 AM   #178

I would say the issues somewhere between Google and Facebook Like buttons. I'm getting rid of Google in my life and it might take a few updates to get it out of the system. I've just had it with Googles screwing with my daily life and wanting phone numbers and such
mikell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:51 AM   #179
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred1609 View Post
The forum was slow at 0600 this morning where it took 10-15 secs to load up a page and every now and again the screen went black for 5 secs or so before the new page came up. this afternoon the site appears to be running, at least on my computer, normally with no waits for pages to come up.

We do routine forum maintenance every morning between 6 and 6:30 AM est and it often causes temporary hangs. This may be what you encountered.

iRV2 Custom Search Tool
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:27 AM   #180

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikell View Post
The page loads partially then sits for 10-15 seconds been about a week. Could be something with Google they seem to want to take over and have been screwing up systems at work. Work is going to cut access to them because of the issues. I'm dropping my gmail and going to hotmail. Google wants too much info and such. They don't need my phone number or to know where I vacation
I've noticed that. Try getting a good app for a tablet (Pandigital) that is not registered with Google. I used to use GMBMG. Give Me Back My Google. Now... it seems like Google has taken over that url and redirects it to the real Google search engine.

...and just how do you remove Google from a system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
We do routine forum maintenance every morning between 6 and 6:30 AM est and it often causes temporary hangs. This may be what you encountered.
Really...? I get the "Please Wait" message around 3am MST, which would make it 5am EST.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:17 PM   #181

Newmar Owners Club
It seem as though a lot of folks are having slow times when loading pages. It also seems like no one at irv2 cares enough to even make a post saying they are working on it or even there is no problem. Just when I was realy getting to like being here, I find myself not signing on as much.
I hope someone at the top soon looks at what is going on.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:55 PM   #182

Alpine Owners Club
They have made numerous posts re the problem, one of them is just up the page from your last post, #171 oddly it quotes your previous post wondering if anyone is addressing the issue.

You might try switching to FireFox, I've never had a slow issue at all. Even with AdblockPlus disabled page load is well within expectations.
daveshan is offline   Reply With Quote