Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:12 AM   #211
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
I am at the point where I am about to put iRV2 on the ignore list. It is ridiculous to have to wait for some times as much as 30 seconds or a minute for something to load. Especially when I can go to RV.net and it cranks right up.
Don't hand me the line about it doesn't cost anything. Every time you visit this site, a hit is registered and iRV2 gets a payment from the ad company. As much as I enjoy the site and have friends here, I just don't want to do this silly waiting game any more.

Doc,
If this site is one that you really enjoy, then why not download one of the other browsers that have been identified as being quicker and when visiting this site, just use it. When finished go back to your slow browser. What's it going to hurt?

Just saying.

We'll all miss you for a little while.

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-03-2013, 12:03 PM   #212

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Doc,
If this site is one that you really enjoy, then why not download one of the other browsers that have been identified as being quicker and when visiting this site
This has been a lot of peoples question right from the start, why does it take a new browser (download) to make this site (only this site) work half way fast as it use to? The problem as others and myself is just on here, nothing else, if it was something that changed in a update it would affect other sites also, not the case. So now we need to use chrome or fire fox so IRV2 will work half way fast? They are faster for sure but it is just a band-aid on a problem here.

Old 02-03-2013, 12:14 PM   #213

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
I am at the point where I am about to put iRV2 on the ignore list. It is ridiculous to have to wait for some times as much as 30 seconds or a minute for something to load. Especially when I can go to RV.net and it cranks right up.
Don't hand me the line about it doesn't cost anything. Every time you visit this site, a hit is registered and iRV2 gets a payment from the ad company. As much as I enjoy the site and have friends here, I just don't want to do this silly waiting game any more.

Have you tried changing from IE8 to FireFox or Safari.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:42 PM   #214

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
This has been a lot of peoples question right from the start, why does it take a new browser (download) to make this site (only this site) work half way fast as it use to? The problem as others and myself is just on here, nothing else, if it was something that changed in a update it would affect other sites also, not the case. So now we need to use chrome or fire fox so IRV2 will work half way fast? They are faster for sure but it is just a band-aid on a problem here.

Just curious, how have you verified that out of the millions of sites on the internet that this is the only site that works better with FF or Safari?
Old 02-03-2013, 12:59 PM   #215

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
Just curious, how have you verified that out of the millions of sites on the internet that this is the only site that works better with FF or Safari?
If you read my post again, it just says that the other browsers " are faster for sure" and did not state that they were faster on "millions" of web sites. I downloaded firefox again just to try it here and it is faster than IE but I do not care for it. If you use FF or something else other than IE ,is it faster for you and do you run something else? When I was using FFon here it did speed my browesing up on IRV2 but did not notice its speed anywhere else on the web as my DSL is fast as a click except for on here.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:11 PM   #216

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
If you read my post again, it just says that the other browsers " are faster for sure" and did not state that they were faster on "millions" of web sites. I downloaded firefox again just to try it here and it is faster than IE but I do not care for it. If you use FF or something else other than IE ,is it faster for you and do you run something else? When I was using FFon here it did speed my browesing up on IRV2 but did not notice its speed anywhere else on the web as my DSL is fast as a click except for on here.
Sorry I took your words "only this site" to mean no other site.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:20 PM   #217

Monaco Owners Club
When a majority of users are not having any issues with a site you can usually make the assumption that there is a either a problem with the end user's setup or with network throughput.

If you are using a Windows based OS get away from IE. Even the most recent releases of IE9 are slow, cumbersome and, as usual, memory hogs. Try one of the other free browsers like Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. Install Adblock Plus into the browser. Empty the browser cache. You'd be surprised at the difference that will make.

I use Google Chrome with Adblock Plus almost exclusively and am highly dependent on either RV park WiFi or 3G through my phone. I use a 5 year old laptop running Windows Vista Ultimate and I just don't experience anything even close to the issues that some folks have described. I occasionally experience a little lag during page loading but that is not limited to IRV2 and everyone here knows it has more to do with an overloaded Local Tel Fiber Optic line than anything else.

The easy solution for most of you is:

1) Download and start using either Mozilla Firefox Web Browser or Google Chrome Browser.

2) Install Ad Block Plus for FireFox or Ad Block Plus for Google Chrome.

3) Dump your browser cache weekly or at least monthly.

The first 2 suggestions are all free downloads and will cost you nothing but a little time and effort. The third is just standard maintenance that we all should be doing anyway.

To paraphrase Dennis' quote, why curse in the dark when all you have to do is turn on the light? Firefox and Chrome both run circles around IE any day of the week.
Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:41 PM   #218

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Long View Post
This is the ONLY site that is slow for me.
X2...but I like the ads and the site...so I'll have to relax and wait.
J
GOLDWINGER2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:13 PM   #219

Newmar Owners Club
OK , No problem here......
Old 02-03-2013, 03:10 PM   #220
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Some are saying that they don't want to change and that they shouldn't have to since their browser is working on other sites just fine. They state that the problem is iRV2, and it just might be. I believe the "technician" is looking into it.

Most likely it has to do with page loading and that is driven by revenue and the ads are revenue. So I'm just saying that if you enjoy the camaraderie of this site and all the wonderful information that is contained within, it just might behoove one to download a faster browser. You can open up your slow browser, and you can open up the faster browser simultaneously. Just use "Alt Tab" to switch back and forth, and when finished with one it can be closed.

NOW, PLEASE READ: There is a web site that is nice to access when information on the Freightliner chassis and components are being looked for. FIREFOX WILL NOT open that website. Well, it will open it, but once you try to log in it will not work. Ineternet Explorer is needed to access the information on that site.

Oh my! What to do. Well, on the MAC here at the S&B I have VMWare Fusion. That means I can switch screens and run IE and log into the web site. When I'm on the road I have the MACBook Pro and the PC Laptop. If I need to access the Freightliner web site I have to fire up the PC to do so.

What is so difficult about having two browsers on a computer.

Why should anyone have to find a work-around. Because what is presently being using by some is not working. Rather simple I would think.

I guess my logic is weird, huh?
Old 02-03-2013, 04:06 PM   #221

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Not for those of us who dumped IE many years ago for exactly the same reasons.

'05 Lance 845/'06 F-250 or '99 Alpine 36SDS Usually towing an '01 Wrangler locked on 35"s or moderate '98 Cherokee on 33"s (rear locker only)
daveshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:21 PM   #222

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:

What is so difficult about having two browsers on a computer.

Why should anyone have to find a work-around. Because what is presently being using by some is not working. Rather simple I would think.

Why drive a Chevy (IE) when, for the same price, you can drive a Cadillac (FireFox) or a Lincoln (Chrome)?

How's that for logic?
Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:33 PM   #223
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
This all reminds me of an old Lucky Strike commercial. " I'd rather fight than switch "
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:39 PM   #224
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I "was" a Camel man.(unfiltered)

Let us not start a war on which cigarette is better, or worse - that could end up blowing smoke.