Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-17-2013, 03:03 PM   #71

Newmar Owners Club
I've been having it for the last two days or so.

1999 NEWMAR American Star (for sale) SOLD !!![* Newmar Kountry Kklub # 19708 * THOUSAND TRAILS * 2006 Chevy 3500 Dually Dmax/Ally SOLD* Curt Q20 (For Sale)* Prodigy P2 *US ARMY 1965-1967 * Disabled Vietnam Veteran 1966-1967 * Life Member VFW *
99-Am.Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2013, 03:03 PM   #72
Community Administrator

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
Lori's "jeep liberty" is in the same green as mine and does the same thing on my screen, I put my cursor on Lori's and a ad saying yellowmoxie comes up

after I posted this it went back to black and stoped ?
Are you logged in when are seeing this? If so, somethings definitely wrong. I suggest downloading malwarebytes and running a scan - it sounds like you may have some undesirable cookies residing on your system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Anything I click on IRV2 is taking 20 to 30 seconds to load! I've been watching the bottom bar and it is taking that long even when showing internal IRV2 addresses, not the other wild stuff!

I sure hope someone can get to the bottom of this soon! I'm losing too much of my retirement time just waiting for pages to load!
Can you run a tracert and see where the hold up is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlfbatonrg View Post
THIS IS MOST IMPORTANT IN THIS DISCUSSION. When selecting IRV2.com from my favorites, the new IRV2 home page loads almost immediately. As I said before, the Photos and Classifieds pages load reasonably fast. The extremely slow respoinse are directly related to something in IRV2 that is imbedded in the Forum and Campground pages. Why can't IRV2 research and "fix" this problem. The slow response is also true if I got directly to the Forum page bypassing the Home page.
There are all sorts of things that slow down page loads and not all of them are within our control. One thing you can do is watch the specific items load (usually on your browser bar) and see what's hanging the page. If it's an ad, we may not be able to fix that. If you run a tracert you may be able to see where delays are as well.

If your running plugins for your browser or have your security settings very high, these could be causing conflicts. If you have flash disabled and there happens to be a flash based ad, your browser may spin as if decides how to handle the request, etc. To do any meaningful trouble shooting we need information. Browser, version, security schemes you having running and test results of ping and tracert tests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
For those waiting on iRV2 to fix the speed (due to ads and scripts) issue, you might want to try the fixes posted by others to see if that corrects your problem.

I don't know if iRV2 can cure the script/ad problems.
Me neither but we keep trying

In general the best things you can do if you're having trouble are:
Make certain your system is up to date. This includes browser and plugins.
Make certain you have a clean system - no malware
Empty your cache (temp internet files and delete cookies)
Set your security settings to medium
Make sure that you have enabled cookie exchange with irv2.com
Browse the site while logged in.
If you are still having trouble, after doing these things (really doing them) we will try to assist but we need good info. Please be as specific as possible when posting about trouble.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:05 PM   #73

All suggested "fixes" to this problem have been tried including a few others, and nothing has worked. If fact I have spedn the better part of this day trying to overcome this problem. I do not believe it is the users responsibility to change browsers because of something that has changed inside of IRV2. It's beyond time for an explanation and a fix from the IRV2 computer folks.

2003 Fleetwood Expedition 38N 2005 Saturn Vue
jlfbatonrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:38 PM   #74

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Are you logged in when are seeing this? If so, somethings definitely wrong. I suggest downloading malwarebytes and running a scan - it sounds like you may have some undesirable cookies residing on your system.
This happen when I download iespell from cnet for spell check on IRV2
When I click on spell check it wants me to download it from"red egg software so my spell check will work on this web site. Is this what you had to do to have usage of spell check? Thanks
Old 01-17-2013, 03:42 PM   #75
Community Administrator

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
I don't have any suggestions about iespell downloads but can suggest that both Chrome and Firefox have native spell checkers.

Malwarebytes might be able to remove the unwanted additions to the iespell download and is free - worth a try I guess, if you want to continue to use iespell

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:11 PM   #76
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Why is everyone so quick to accuse iRV2 forum as a culprit to their problems. It is not iRV2's problem than someone may have a virus, malware, spyware, scripting problems or any other problem. Instead of pointing the blame why not try giving all the information that one can by providing specifics.

Browser being used, version number, when was the last time it was updated. Is it the same for other forums - surely many belong to another forum to test it.

Wouldn't it be nice to know which browsers, Ie, Chrome, FF, Safari, etc., are having the preponderance of problems.

I know that you are comfortable in using what you use for software, but perhaps you could use one, two or three of the other browsers to see if the problem still exists.

Was your software upgraded/updated recently? Do you have automatic updates? (You should in my opinion.)

Just posting "iRV2 is slow," just isn't going to accomplish much.

I'm running Firefox version 18.0 on a iMAC.
I have the following plug-ins: Flip4MAC Windows Media Plugin 2.5.0.1,
Norton Internet SecurityBF 1.1.0,
Quick Time Plugin 7.7.1,
Shockwave Flash 11.5.502.146, and that is it for plug-ins.

For extensions:
1Password 3.9.9
Adblock Plus 2.2.1
Cookies Mangager+ 1.5.11
CoolPreviews 3.8
Download Statusbar 0.9.10
DownloadHelper 4.9.13
Flagfox 4.2.5
Norton Identity Toolbar for Firefox 2.4.2128
PDF Download 3.0.0.2
PDF Viewer 0.7.1
Quickjava 1.8.0
WOT 20120926

And that is it folks. My pages are all loading within 2-3 seconds. I don't have any ads popping up or visible as I have adblock+ set to disable them all.

So what is your problem? Please?
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:19 PM   #77

Newmar Owners Club
I don't agree with this Wayne, People have along with me stated the all other internet surfing is fast page loading, anywhere I go and when I surf around on IRV2 it is way slower than any other web pages. It was good and fast loading after the facelift and now......
Old 01-17-2013, 05:42 PM   #78
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlfbatonrg View Post
Let me ask this question again. On the tools menu on my IE 8 there is no InPrivateFiltering option. That means there is another location where the parameter is set. Can someone tell me where that is?
I wish I knew the answer. If it's not in the drop-down menu of Tools on your IE, I don't know where else it'd be. That's where it is on mine. I'm using IE8 version 8.0.7600.16385.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
I don't have any suggestions about iespell downloads but can suggest that both Chrome and Firefox have native spell checkers.

Malwarebytes might be able to remove the unwanted additions to the iespell download and is free - worth a try I guess, if you want to continue to use iespell
Regarding iespell, does iRV2 endorse it? The reason I ask is, in the upper right of the Message: box is an ABC with a checkmark under it. Clicking on that brings a pop up box asking if I want to download iespell. That's what I used (just to see how it worked) & what, I believe, caused many of my problems because I missed checking the boxes to NOT download ad-ons the site wanted to do. If there's an issue with downloading iespell because of those ad-ons, is there a way to remove that icon so others don't do what I did?

Lori-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:36 PM   #79

Fleetwood Owners Club
Carolina Campers
American Coach Owners Club
It appears to be slow at my home and at my office But I am no geek What might be red to you maybe green to me
Old 01-17-2013, 09:24 PM   #80

I have decided to reduce the aggravation level caused by the slow response here on iRV2. I will just reduce my visits here by 90% until I see an improvement. I guess it is my way of "voting with my feet" or something to that effect. Great site but I have better things to do than sit and sit and sit waiting for things to happen here. The more of us that vote this way the sooner something might be done.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:24 PM   #81

I'm not going to read through pages of posts on this issue. Facts are this; I visit many forums. I really like the vibe and people here but the performance of this site is lacking. It's not my settings or network, it has to do with the architecture of the site and/or the servers employed. My set up works to my expectation on most forums but lacks performance here.
Koop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:57 PM   #82
Community Administrator

Thor Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
We are investigating these issues to see if we can find a work around for our older version of IE users. In the mean time I'd suggest downloading Firefox or Chrome. Your overall web surfing experience will be faster because the html rendering engines are more modern and work differently then the older ones do. Even Google stopped supporting IE 8 last November (link).

We have also been doing some behind the scenes server work that has been swamping down the server a couple times in the past week. So some slow down could be related to that.

Once again, sorry for the issues...
Old 01-17-2013, 10:17 PM   #83

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Agree with Wayne.

If it is a problem with iRV2, why don't all users experience the issue?

Using MacBook Air running Safari. I use Ghostery to see who or what is tracking or trying to track me and I have Safari set to block ads and pop ups.

I've tried it on the DW's Windows 7 laptop and my old Windows Vista laptop.

Windows 7 with Safari was as fast as my Mac.

Windows Vista using IE was pretty bad but then I don't expect IE to perform very well. I didn't spend a ton of time with IE. I quickly turned off most of IE's memory hogs to see if I could force a better response but no joy. Don't know enough about the newer versions of IE to speed it up. I gave up on IE a few years ago.

Wish I could offer an answer. You might try Chrome, FF or Safari. IE has seen better days.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:43 PM   #84

Monaco Owners Club
I'm on this site TOO MUCH and it runs fine for me...
and I'm on an old slow laptop with win7 and firefox...

Be patient - there are so many invisible things between you and the site....

the reason we suggest other browsers is that the hackers / viruses / bots are written to attack the largest group and the largest group is usually Windows and IE users.... so again, just trying to help .

How are you connecting?
via an aircard
via a cable modem
via a wifi connection
are you using a tablet
a pc
a phone ?
are you memory limited - have a lot of apps open at once?

it could be that all your neighbors are on the same isp and sharing bandwidth,
some 'bundling' companies are famous for dragging everyone down when it loads up the one pipe

really, it all comes into play and remote support is a difficult thing unless you have all the facts...

good luck to the admins been there, done that !!!!

but once again, this little piggy has worked fine ...