Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-18-2013, 01:58 PM   #99
Senior Member
 
jwomack's Avatar


 
Texas Boomers Club
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
I just downloaded Firefox to try and IRV2 is lightning fast! Obviously the problem has something to do with IE8. Maybe knowing this will help you guys to figure it out! Good luck!
So did I (load Firefox). Same result. Now faster than a speeding bullet. Other sites are faster also.
__________________

__________________
Jimmy & Tre
Katy, TX
2014 Allegro Red 38QRA
& 2014 Jeep Sahara Unlimited Toad
"Get It While You Can"
jwomack is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2013, 02:37 PM   #100
Senior Member
 
JohnBoyToo's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: May 2012
Location: DFW, Tex-US
Posts: 4,835
There ya go !!!

that's what it takes... teamwork...

This is not rocket science (yet )

One other forum I visit related to my audi, actually has a third party ad generator that generates a virus warning for me completely out of their hands except to shutdown that feed...

We are so spoiled aren't we

wonder what would have gone on with the acoustic modems of old ?

https://www.google.com/search?q=acou...w=1366&bih=607
__________________

__________________
'11 Monaco Diplomat 43DFT RR10R pushed by a '14 Jeep Wrangler JKU. History.. 5'ers: 13 Redwood 38gk, 11 MVP Destiny, Open Range TT, popups, vans, tents...
JohnBoyToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:45 PM   #101
Senior Member
 
daveshan's Avatar


 
Alpine Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Durango CO
Posts: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlfbatonrg View Post
Daveshan,

That is an interesting observation, and could very possibly point to the problem. IRV2 IT folks, is it possible a new "ad" has been added that is causing the problem? I certainly notice I can load the HOME page in < 2 seconds without difficulty, but when I click on the Forums, or load the forum page independently, the response time is basically terrible. I also notice the "hang occurs after the base screen is loaded and the "ads" are being loaded. Something to look at maybe.
Well, I just dug IE (version 6.02) out of the programs menu and cut/pasted the forums URL into it, won't load at all in fact I had to go to go to Task Manager and shut it down it was hung, the other laptop had 7.05 on it, tried that one and it finally loaded then hung. My guess is a script is running or a link is loading that older versions don't like at all and newer ones may have issues with. I've never updated IE so can't help with newer versions. I've been with FireFox since version 1.0x love it.

I think those of us that this situation encouraged to upgrade to FireFox or Opera will be happy once they get used to it.
__________________
The above post is just my experience/opinion which is worth exactly what you paid for it.

'05 Lance 845/'06 F-250 or '99 Alpine 36SDS Usually towing an '01 Wrangler locked on 35"s or moderate '98 Cherokee on 33"s (rear locker only)
daveshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:01 AM   #102
Senior Member
 
scooterbob's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwomack View Post
So did I (load Firefox). Same result. Now faster than a speeding bullet. Other sites are faster also.
I also downloaded Firefox and it is fast now.
__________________
Bob & Karen & Buddy "yourkie"
2008 Winnebago 39W Destination DP
Full time One Destination at a time.
scooterbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:02 AM   #103
JC2
Senior Member
 
JC2's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Mo/Texas
Posts: 3,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by NITEHAWK View Post
I have decided to reduce the aggravation level caused by the slow response here on iRV2. I will just reduce my visits here by 90% until I see an improvement. I guess it is my way of "voting with my feet" or something to that effect. Great site but I have better things to do than sit and sit and sit waiting for things to happen here. The more of us that vote this way the sooner something might be done.

X2. For the first time in the 10 yrs I've been a member, I to am having issues with the response of this site. My software, programs, drivers, etc are always kept up to date. It's been fun but now the time has come to move on. Adios
__________________
04 Newmar DSDP 4015-Cummins ISL 370hp-Spartan MM Chassis-2013 Chev Equinox AWD-Ready Brute Elite Towing System-FMCA 402879-SKP 120487
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:34 AM   #104
Senior Member/RVM #90
 
MSHappyCampers's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Columbus, MS
Posts: 26,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC2 View Post
X2. For the first time in the 10 yrs I've been a member, I to am having issues with the response of this site. My software, programs, drivers, etc are always kept up to date. It's been fun but now the time has come to move on. Adios
Don't do that! I too was dead set against changing interned browsers but now I don't understand why I didn't do it years ago! This Firefox is amazing! Tons of useful add-ons and fast as lightning! Try it before you give up!
The problem is obviously something to do with Internet Explorer 8. Sometimes it's hard for us old geezers to change!

P.S.- just discovered an added benefit to Firefox. Like some of you, I've had a problem for some time with the back arrow not working. Now it seems to be working every time!
__________________
Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:15 AM   #105
RV Mutant #14
 
Wayne M's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 12,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlfbatonrg View Post
Wayne_M,
..................To me, your "recommendation" that we all use something else because we have a problem doesn't make sense.
Jim, I think you misread my intent completely. I stated to TRY in big capital letters something else to see if it resolved the problem. I did not mean in my TRY statement that one should stick to another program. It is like the car manufacturers trouble shooting by parts replacement and if the part doesn't work put the original back in. If the part does work, why doesn't the original work?

As a retired IT Security Specialist involved in forensic analysis of computer for various things, there is not one short simple solution until the problem has been identified. Identifying the problem by TEMPORARILY substituting other programs of near equal capability may help the iRV2 team.

Your suggestion of a new ad slowing down the process is very good. I assumed (only the me part) it had been thought of.

Happy trails, or is that trials.
__________________
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse)
2015 Winnebago Tour 42QD
RVM14
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:30 AM   #106
Registered User
 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,954
Yesterday there was a 'server time out' error msg for one of the ads.. don't know which one, but it was every page. That will slow down your loads if your settings say to load the page after everything downloads... This is the main problem most people have, ie, the web browser is waiting for a server somewhere to send it info. There are ways to change and optimize the settings..
__________________
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:32 AM   #107
RV Mutant #14
 
Wayne M's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 12,201
We all become very comfortable in the software suite that we use. I used to be resistant to change, just because it was change. Then I got into computer security.

Yes! updates, upgrades, new software are all changes. Many, many are against Windows 7, and now the "new and improved" Windows 8 is on the market. Will I upgrade, you bet, I just give it a few months to stabilize.

My apologies up front if this offends anyone. I cannot fathom in my mind why users are still running operating systems prior to Windows 7. As this discussion thread has indicated, the software (IE) running on prior versions just doesn't seem to hack it anymore. I'm just making an observation here, and interjecting some experience.

I have helped some friends here in "Stick Town," in upgrading from XP and Vista to Win 7. I can say that they and myself have never had a problem with Win 7. It is such a robust and easy to use OS and it has never given me any problems. I have some antiquated hardware in the form of printers and scanners and they work perfectly. Remember, that is MY experience. I'm sure there are others that will say they have had nothing but problems.

Do consider, that the PC you are using may not be compatible with Win 7 and therefore when you try to load Win 7 it will tell you so. When that happened to my old 4 year old laptop, I gave it to my granddaughter with XP loaded to the hilt and purchased my new Toshiba (Love Toshiba) satellite.

Many software manufacturers make their programs downward compatible, but there comes a time where they just expect users to bite the bullet and buy new software, or hardware to accommodate the every changing market.

Okay! Done ranting.

Happy software trails.
__________________
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse)
2015 Winnebago Tour 42QD
RVM14
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:54 AM   #108
Registered User
 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
We all become very comfortable in the software suite that we use. I used to be resistant to change, just because it was change. Then I got into computer security.

Yes! updates, upgrades, new software are all changes. Many, many are against Windows 7, and now the "new and improved" Windows 8 is on the market. Will I upgrade, you bet, I just give it a few months to stabilize.

My apologies up front if this offends anyone. I cannot fathom in my mind why users are still running operating systems prior to Windows 7. As this discussion thread has indicated, the software (IE) running on prior versions just doesn't seem to hack it anymore. I'm just making an observation here, and interjecting some experience.

I have helped some friends here in "Stick Town," in upgrading from XP and Vista to Win 7. I can say that they and myself have never had a problem with Win 7. It is such a robust and easy to use OS and it has never given me any problems. I have some antiquated hardware in the form of printers and scanners and they work perfectly. Remember, that is MY experience. I'm sure there are others that will say they have had nothing but problems.

Do consider, that the PC you are using may not be compatible with Win 7 and therefore when you try to load Win 7 it will tell you so. When that happened to my old 4 year old laptop, I gave it to my granddaughter with XP loaded to the hilt and purchased my new Toshiba (Love Toshiba) satellite.

Many software manufacturers make their programs downward compatible, but there comes a time where they just expect users to bite the bullet and buy new software, or hardware to accommodate the every changing market.

Okay! Done ranting.

Happy software trails.
Wayne, dont wait to at least get your copy of Win8, prices will go to $199 on Feb 1.. $39.99 till then..


As for Win7 compatibility, I have Win7 Ultimate running with Aero on a 2003 Pentium 4 HT, 2 gig, with Radeon 9800 pro.. If it can do it, just about anything should
__________________
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:12 AM   #109
RV Mutant #14
 
Wayne M's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 12,201
Yes, but when Win 9 comes out in a couple months, Win 8 will be cheaper. Hee hee!

(That's tongue in cheek folks!)
__________________
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse)
2015 Winnebago Tour 42QD
RVM14
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:22 PM   #110
Community Administrator
 
NLOVNIT's Avatar


 
Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 22,294
Blog Entries: 1
Just for grins & giggles, I've downloaded Firefox. Being an avid IE user from the get-go, I'm still skeptical, but willing to give it a shot based on members' experiences posted in this thread.

First impressions: the Google ad (above our Mission Statement) is gone without me having to initiate anything. So the only ads I see are our Sponsor ads between the 1st & 2nd post of a thread. Pages on IRV2 are loading faster (I need to check on other sites I visit). I checkmarked the box to transfer all my IE favorites to FF & watched as it said it did it. That was slick. Took me a few seconds to find where My Favorites (called bookmarks on FF) list is accessed. No scripts error....so far.

The jury is still out, but so far, it's doing what iRV2 members have said it does. I will keep testing it.

Lori-
__________________
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:40 PM   #111
Senior Member
 
palehorse89's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
Just for grins & giggles, I've downloaded Firefox. Being an avid IE user from the get-go, I'm still skeptical, but willing to give it a shot based on members' experiences posted in this thread.

First impressions: the Google ad (above our Mission Statement) is gone without me having to initiate anything. So the only ads I see are our Sponsor ads between the 1st & 2nd post of a thread. Pages on IRV2 are loading faster (I need to check on other sites I visit). I checkmarked the box to transfer all my IE favorites to FF & watched as it said it did it. That was slick. Took me a few seconds to find where My Favorites (called bookmarks on FF) list is accessed. No scripts error....so far.

The jury is still out, but so far, it's doing what iRV2 members have said it does. I will keep testing it.

Lori-
I also download firefox as Wanye suggested today Lori, and I am making adjustments to the new system. It is a lot faster that IE and it transferred everything for me also. I like it so far and it works a lot faster on everything, so thanks for the suggestion Wayne, and the change might be good, I did not give it enough time last time to get use to it.
__________________
2000 Newmar MADP 4060, 350ISC, Spartan MM, IFS 2011 Jeep JK, M&G Braking, 2014 MTI 27' Hog Hauler, Wireless brake control, 2006Ultra & 1989 Springer
palehorse89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:01 PM   #112
Community Administrator
 
Route 66's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Newark, DE
Posts: 25,609
Why Lori, how could you ever doubt us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post

The jury is still out, but so far, it's doing what iRV2 members have said it does. I will keep testing it.

Lori-
__________________

__________________
Adios, Dirk - '84 Real Lite Truck Camper, '86 Wilderness Cimarron TT, previously 4 years as a fulltimer in a '07 DSDP

Route 66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.