Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-16-2013, 11:58 AM   #43
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Some additional info

I have been watching the bar at the bottom that shows what is trying to load after I click on something. There are several things that show up there while I am waiting. Most of them show for 10 to 15 seconds before the page finally loads. Usually it's only one of them, but sometimes more than one.

The most common is: ads.pointroll.com/portalservice..........

Usually there is some kind of error message that flashes on for just a second when the address above disappears.

Others are:

ad.turn.com/server/ads..........

pagead2.googlesyndication........

facebook.com/plugins/...........

Does this tell any of you computer gurus what may be happening?

I have continued to watch and the "ads.pointroll.com/........." comes up just about every time I click on something. It stays on there a LONG time, then always is followed by the "Done but with errors on page" . Surely some of you techies can figure out what is going on with this!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-16-2013, 04:04 PM   #44
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
Start menu, All Programs, Accessories, Command Prompt.
Thank you!. Ok, now I've got it, but how do I copy it to post my results here?

Also, I got another scripts error when I opened this thread. It's a pop-up from Windows IE & reads:
Quote:
Stop running this script?
A script on this page is causing your web browser to run slowly.
If it continues to run, your computer might become unresponsive.
Anyone know what this means? I'm running Win7, IE8, Java disabled, right column turned off & InPrivate Filtering (gets rid of the ads) turned on.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:23 PM   #45

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
My assumption is the errors and scripts that both of you are seeing are coming from ads or adware Scripts that may be running on our beloved forum page.

I am not near my laptop to check.

I use ad blocking extensions with Safari to block this type of item. The extension has a small window showing me what us being blocked. Typically I see 2 to 4 ad scripts. Not sure they originate with/at iRV2 or not. I will look when I get back to laptop.

Hopefully someone will answer before I get home in a couple hours.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:24 PM   #46
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Thanks, Dennis. I use the InPrivate Filtering to get rid of that AdsbyGoogle that shows at the page top, just above the mission statement. That one's gone with my InPrivate Filtering checked. But I recently noticed another rotating 3-box ad that's positioned between the 1st & 2nd post in a thread. It appears to be Sponsor ads. I don't know why that one isn't blocked.

Lori-
Old 01-16-2013, 06:44 PM   #47

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
Thank you!. Ok, now I've got it, but how do I copy it to post my results here?
See post number 17. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f62/irv2-...ml#post1431853

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
Also, I got another scripts error when I opened this thread. It's a pop-up from Windows IE & reads:

Anyone know what this means? I'm running Win7, IE8, Java disabled, right column turned off & InPrivate Filtering (gets rid of the ads) turned on.

Lori-
I get this from Chrome occasionally when I have too many windows open or I have too many background tasks going on. Basically your computer is saying, "Lori, I'm a little busy and I really don't have time for you right now. You'll just have to wait."
Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:52 PM   #48
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Thanks, Craig. Tracert below. That's odd about the scripts - when it's happened, all I've got open is iRV2 - nothing else, no other programs or tabs w/websites.

Lori-

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
C:\Users\Lori>tracert www.irv2.com
Tracing route to irv2.com [174.37.94.69]
over a maximum of 30 hops:
1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms STUNET [192.168.1.1]
2 54 ms 31 ms 27 ms cpe-71-74-88-1.insight.res.rr.com [71.74.88.1]
3 14 ms 10 ms 11 ms gig2-18.instoh1-rtr01.insight.rr.com [65.24.192.
77]
4 17 ms 16 ms 13 ms network-065-189-143-044.mwrtn.rr.com [65.189.143
.44]
5 18 ms 23 ms 22 ms network-065-029-001-038.midwest.rr.com [65.29.1.
38]
6 31 ms 30 ms 47 ms ae-3-0.cr0.dca20.tbone.rr.com [66.109.6.70]
7 29 ms 44 ms 26 ms 107.14.19.135
8 45 ms 27 ms 25 ms te1-2.bbr01.eq01.wdc01.networklayer.com [66.109.
9.218]
9 45 ms 64 ms 30 ms ae7.bbr01.eq01.wdc02.networklayer.com [173.192.1
8.194]
10 42 ms 42 ms 59 ms ae0.bbr01.tl01.atl01.networklayer.com [173.192.1
8.153]
11 55 ms 54 ms 71 ms ae13.bbr02.eq01.dal03.networklayer.com [173.192.
18.134]
12 91 ms 52 ms 52 ms ae1.dar02.sr01.dal01.networklayer.com [173.192.1
8.213]
13 72 ms 56 ms 52 ms po2.fcr04.sr05.dal01.networklayer.com [66.228.11
8.218]
14 53 ms 54 ms 51 ms 174.37.94.69-static.reverse.softlayer.com [174.3
7.94.69]
Trace complete.
C:\Users\Lori>
Old 01-16-2013, 07:00 PM   #49

Monaco Owners Club
Have you considered moving to Firefox ? It will copy over all your favorites and works famously
Old 01-16-2013, 07:11 PM   #50

Ok folks, here's some info for you. I loaded the Home page of IRV2 instead of going right to the Forum page. The home page loads pretty fast. Photos and Classified pages also load pretty fast. But when I go to the forums page, things get so slow, it sometimes times out.

Someone suggested setting InPrivateFiltering to get rid of some of the ads. Can you tell me where I check that parameter to see how I have it set?

I appreciate the suggestions about going to Chrome or Firefox for my browser, but I don't think that should be a requirement to run this web site. IMHO this website should provide access through any legal browser. I also must suspect some programming or security change somewhere else in the IRV2 system, because I have not had any problems with speed or performance with IRV2 until a couple of weeks ago.

2003 Fleetwood Expedition 38N 2005 Saturn Vue
jlfbatonrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:16 PM   #51

Monaco Owners Club
Yes, that is odd about the scripts warning. Maybe has something to do with Java being turned off. I've updated Java to Update 11 per Oracle's advice, and my laptop seems to be running even faster than it was before the update.
Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:19 PM   #52
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
InPrivate Filtering is under Tools in IE8. The only issue with it is it isn't a permanent setting. Closing the browser turns it off. I don't know where it is on older or newer versions of IE.

There's also an InPrivate Browsing that I haven't tried yet. Not sure what that does.

UPDATE: I just realized the scripts error appears when I do NOT have InPrivate Filtering checked...at least I think. I'm trying to test to confirm.

Lori-
Old 01-16-2013, 07:22 PM   #53
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig_R View Post
Yes, that is odd about the scripts warning. Maybe has something to do with Java being turned off. I've updated Java to Update 11 per Oracle's advice, and my laptop seems to be running even faster than it was before the update.
Hmmmm. I'm trying to think if the scripts error coincides with my recent disabling Java. I don't remember having scripts errors prior to disabling. Cause & effect or coincidence?

Lori-
Old 01-16-2013, 07:24 PM   #54

Dave,

Can you tell me where to find In Private filtering? I have IE 8 with all the updates, and under Tools I don't have InPrivate filtering unless it's buried somewhere in Internet options. Thanks in advance for your help.

2003 Fleetwood Expedition 38N 2005 Saturn Vue
jlfbatonrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:34 PM   #55

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Here is what I found running on the forum pages

Google Adsense

About Google AdSense:
Google AdSense operates: Google Adsense, Google Affiliate Network
In Their Own Words
"Google AdSense is a free program that empowers online publishers to earn revenue by displaying relevant ads on a wide variety of online content, including site search results, websites, mobile webpages and apps."

About Us: AdSense ? Google Ads

Google Analytics

About Google Analytics:
Google Analytics operates: Google Analytics, Google Website Optimizer

In Their Own Words
"Google Analytics gives you insights into your website traffic and marketing effectiveness. We help you buy the right keywords, target your best markets, and engage and convert more customers."

About Us: Google Analytics Feature List ? Google Analytics
Website: Google Analytics Official Website - Web Analytics & Reporting ? Google Analytics

Quantest

About Quantcast:
Quantcast operates: Quantcast, Quantcast Notice
In Their Own Words
"Quantcast measures and organizes the world's audiences in real-time so advertisers can buy, sell and connect with the people who matter most to them. Used by the top 10 media agencies, the world's largest brands and more than half of the top advertising supported publishers, Quantcast connects the planning, buying, and media fulfillment processes, delivering the marketplace's most consistent and accountable audiences."

About Us: Overview

SkimLinks

About SkimLinks:
In Their Own Words
"Our ground-breaking technology enables publishers to easily monetize online content in two ways - by converting normal product links into their equivalent affiliate links, and picking up product references in content and turning those into relevant, useful affiliate links too."

About Us: Skimlinks | Our Company - story and background | Skimlinks
Website: Skimlinks | Affiliate marketing made easy - content monetization | Skimlinks
Industry Affiliations: None

Facebook Connect

Facebook operates: Facebook Beacon, Facebook Connect, Facebook Conversion Tracking, Facebook Exchange (FBX), Facebook Social Graph, Facebook Social Plugins

In Their Own Words
"Facebook gives people the power to share and makes the world more open and connected. Millions of people use Facebook everyday to keep up with friends, upload an unlimited number of photos, share links and videos, and learn more about the people they meet."

About Us: http://www.facebook.com/facebook
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:43 PM   #56

Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
My firefox browser does not have flash enabled, and the forum is lickety split fast. When I head over to my IE browser which does have flash - slooowww