Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-11-2011, 09:41 AM   #1
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Is it just me?

Well, sometimes I am not able to get on every day, or sometimes it is 12+ hours or more before I can check the iRV2 web site. You know, the addictive portion of me.

So, I log in and there are 7, 10, 11 etc., pages of "New Posts." Now mind you I'm not addictive enough to read every single one, but there are many that I am interested in. Especially Seajay's long reads.

Here is my problem. Some where along the way as I'm navigating the pages of information, it comes up and says something along the lines of "Sorry.....blah, blah, blah." (Blah's are my words, Sorry is the beginning of the forum words.) So now I have to click on New Posts again and start all over. Even the part about having previous unread posts doesn't help because my CRS doesn't remember the "S"tuff part.

I know this is a timing issue established by the "provider" to keep people from staying "signed in" using up resources.

What is the limit?

Can it be increased?

Is anyone else having this problem?

Am I just a slow reader (slow learner)? Had to put that in there 'cause I know others will comment.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-11-2011, 10:02 AM   #2

Not really sure what the "Sorry" message is saying to you since you did not eleaborate. However, I for one have never had that problem in the 18 months or so that I have been a member here. And I stay signed in for days at a time....only having to re-sign in after I defrag my computer (which deletes saved website ID data, cookies, etc.). Am wondering if your computer needs a memory update or improvement. Older computers with limited memories can typically cause these kinds of issues...and that is not usually a website-caused problem. Hopfully others may be able to pinpoint the problem for you better than I. PLEASE let us know what you find out....thanks!
Old 10-11-2011, 10:18 AM   #3
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
There is no time limit on staying logged in. If you don't shut your computer off or close your browser, you'll stay logged in indefinitely.

Be sure to check the "Remember me" box when you login and each time you visit iRV2, you'll be logged in.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:31 AM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
While I am new to this forum, I've had a bit of experience with hosting forums, and a lot of experience with VBulletin forums, so I have an idea what's happening here;
When you click "new posts," you are actually engaging a search function, and all the items and page numbers are linked to that search, but it's not a permanent link.
As you read, new posts are updating, coming in, etc. And in the time spent reading one page of posts, the page 7 that you are on no longer becomes 7, but page 8... and every subsequent page in the menu changes its page# as well. Soooo, when you go to click that next page number, the "link" in that number is no longer valid, and you will get an error message.
The only real "cure" I've found is at the end of a page read, either click back and use the previous page's menu or just keep clicking "new posts" and the refreshed page will start with only what you haven't read yet...
Old 10-11-2011, 11:52 AM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
The 'Sorry' msg says 'Sorry, there are no post that match your search criteria' or something similar.. What it means is you are taking way too long to read the first page or two

When you do a 'New Posts' click, you are actually doing a 'search for posts new to me'. There is a time limit this 'search' remains active..

edit: And this is what happens when you 'open link in new tab' all the 'new posts' and dont refresh before answering... GMRHost beat me to it
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:23 PM   #6

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Awwww... thanks for the props
Old 10-11-2011, 09:27 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Never had that issue. I have stayed logged on for a couple days at a time. Could possibly be a Marine thing?

I have had the server go down for maintenance a few times when I've been on but down for a minute or two.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:23 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
Never had that issue. I have stayed logged on for a couple days at a time. Could possibly be a Marine thing?

I have had the server go down for maintenance a few times when I've been on but down for a minute or two.

We have to take into account about squids.......
I haven't had any problems, every time I log on to my server I get the very last page I was logged into.

If We Can't Haul It.......You Don't Need It ! Motor-T
"Semper Fi"
w6pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:28 AM   #9

On other forums, if I start a new thread or even post in an old one, then click new posts, my post or thread is at or near the top. On this forum, it is 'search for posts new to me'. Confused me at first.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:52 AM   #10
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
It is not a log in, or stay logged in problem. I guess I was not succinct enough in my post. (Big word Dennis, sorry.)

GMRHost understood what was happening. Thanks for the reply. I guess I did not understand the "search" functionality. I had not run into that problem before.

Since it just happened, here are the exact words:

"Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

That was while "sitting" on "New Posts."

Interruptions, reading, etc., had me on page 3 of 7 for the last couple hours. Oh well!
Old 10-12-2011, 09:14 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
It is not a log in, or stay logged in problem. I guess I was not succinct enough in my post. (Big word Dennis, sorry.)

GMRHost understood what was happening. Thanks for the reply. I guess I did not understand the "search" functionality. I had not run into that problem before.

Since it just happened, here are the exact words:

"Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

That was while "sitting" on "New Posts."

Interruptions, reading, etc., had me on page 3 of 7 for the last couple hours. Oh well!
Don't worry I use succinct with my employees all the time.

Glad you figured it out, I was afraid it might have been a short between the chair and the keyboard.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:39 PM   #12
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
No short.

I read some static sometimes. Goes with the territory.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:42 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
No short.

I read some static sometimes. Goes with the territory.
No static needed here, DW gives all I need. Whether I want it or not.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:08 PM   #14

Not sure what you mean. They seem to be getting to me ok. Here is your reply from my email.

Here is the message that has just been posted:
Starting with last night's forum update via e-mail, the message was compressed as though all carriage returns were deleted. Makes it hard to read.

I checked my e-mail preferences and tried it with and without "word wrap" since the messages were and are sent in plain text format. No change.

Any suggestions? Anyone else having the problem?

Thanks,

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote