Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-18-2014, 04:00 AM   #1

Logins broken?

Once logged in I get the normal Welcome, 94-Newmar message at top right. I click to view any forum and it all looks fine. If I click into a post/thread, the Welcome 94-Newmar turns back into the login boxes and I cannot reply to any threads. I am only offered a quote button at the bottom of each post.
I login using the box above, it says thanks for logging in, brings the page back up and it still asks me to login in the boxes, top right.

I can start a new thread.. just not reply to one as Im only offered the quote button

Tried 2 different PCs, 3 different browsers, 2 different network providers.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2014, 04:41 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
have u checked box to always keep me login. also u gettting same mesg when using dif browsers/pc's.

Old 01-18-2014, 04:50 AM   #3

Yea, the Keep me Logged In box is checked. Interestingly enough I can click QUOTE on any thread and it will let me post, even though it doesn't show me logged in.. weird.

EDIT: Ok, I found it. Evidently the cookie setup for the forum has changed, perhaps through an update on IRV2's part. In any of my browsers I have always disallowed any 3rd party cookies and havent changed any of my settings. It appears the cookies being served from the forums here have changed their URL in some manner. I added an allowance for IRV2 for 3rd party cookies for IRV2 only, then removal of them upon closing the browser. It is working again.
Old 01-18-2014, 04:59 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
great, that was my next step of attack, as was a cache issue, but what threw me off was 2 dif pc/3 dif browsers. but having same settings would give that, with most sites, clearing cache will clear up any issue.
Old 01-18-2014, 05:06 AM   #5

Hehe, yea. My home network here is VPNd to my offices and due to the sensitive nature of many things I work with I disable most everything such as tracking, cookies, absolutely no caching, totally incognito - in fact I have a few registry edits to ensure nothing is ever cached, to disk or mem cache. After posting originally I began suspecting it was something like tracking or cookie url's had changed because I had the exact same behavior on my windows and FreeBSD machines.
Old 01-18-2014, 05:18 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
im with ya on that, as im a national member/webmaster for a law enforcement club, i have extremely sesitive info/access to it. for all of that i use a seperate laptop, which is only thing that is used for. no email/facebook nothing, laptop is full of antispyware/malware/virus/firewalls to block all . an if ppl used a seperate laptop/destop for there banking, secured sites, they be alot better off. the desktop im on now is stil loaded with all but , no logging into anything i need a secure login with.
Old 01-18-2014, 05:30 AM   #7
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
You must have missed this announcement;

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f1/server...ay-188421.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94-Newmar View Post
Once logged in I get the normal Welcome, 94-Newmar message at top right. I click to view any forum and it all looks fine. If I click into a post/thread, the Welcome 94-Newmar turns back into the login boxes and I cannot reply to any threads. I am only offered a quote button at the bottom of each post.
I login using the box above, it says thanks for logging in, brings the page back up and it still asks me to login in the boxes, top right.

I can start a new thread.. just not reply to one as Im only offered the quote button

Tried 2 different PCs, 3 different browsers, 2 different network providers.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 05:49 AM   #8

I was not aware of that post, no. However, that was a week ago? I've used the forums daily since then and not had this problem...... no matter, I fixed it.