Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-31-2011, 07:55 AM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Lost input while typing post?

Two time this AM in middle of typing new post screen refreshed and I ended up with blank message box - all typing gone???? Anybody else having same problem?
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-31-2011, 08:55 AM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
No, but then I type close to 100 WPM.

If you are using a laptop there is an issue.. Most laptops today have the infernal GLIDE PAD and if I am typing normally my hand will hit it, and seriously mess me up... When I can (IBM Thinkpads with the optional "Track Point" mouse device) I disable the pad in BIOS. Just now I can't do that (Dell netbook) so I plugged in a real keyboard.
Old 12-31-2011, 11:09 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Are you on a PC or a MAC? If on a MAC and recently updated to Lion 10.7.2 the new gestures scheme can produce the issue you described. You let your palm drag slightly across the touch pad and the back function is initiated and you lose your current screen. I've done it a couple times. I've turned off some of the new gestures.

If on a PC, I have no idea. Haven't used on in 2 years other than to keep DWs working.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:55 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
OP here: Laptop, Win 7, Kaspersky AV and IE 9. May be touchpad problem but have had this one for almost a year and no similar problems in past. It is not the normal ie back function as after this happens the forward button is not activated. Unless someone comes along with a better idea I will try to remember to turn off touch pad for data entry and for longer entry I will type elsewhere and copy. Thanks
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 12:57 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Yes I have!

I've been in the middle of a 200 word post and then "poof" it's all gone.

This isn't actually a problem put typist error. If you're in the middle of something and then you repetitively hit the backspace key for example, the window will go away and so will your post. If by accident you highlight all your text and hit any key, it's also gone. There are a few other scenarios where your stuff will revert to vapor ware but the best thing to do to prevent this from happening is to be careful what you type.

If I have a long-winded post, I may write a draft of it in MS Word and then cut and paste it over here. This is the safest way to make entries here.

One thing that I would like to do is type while looking at the screen. I took typing 101 but I just can't keep my eyes off the keyboard. I should get an IFR hood but for a keyboard. Pilots will know what I'm talking about.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 01:03 PM   #6

My goes away in just MVFR.
Perry White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 02:58 PM   #7

When I'm making a long post, I hit CTRL A, CTRL C, then a down arrow. If I mess up and loose the screen or window, it's in memory. CTRL V and it's all back.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote