Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-21-2007, 08:50 AM   #1

When changing to a new computer my name no longer appears on member list. Do I just need to re- register?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-21-2007, 08:50 AM   #2

When changing to a new computer my name no longer appears on member list. Do I just need to re- register?
Old 12-21-2007, 11:05 AM   #3
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
No, you shouldn't re-register.... just sign in using your existing username and password. Presumably, on the computer you customarily use, you have checked the 'remember me' option which retains your username and password by setting cookies on the computer.

Post here if you have additional problems.
Old 12-21-2007, 04:36 PM   #4

I had the same problem as becks. Tried to log in and couldn't. Was able to reregister under my present name so at least someone wasn't able to take it in the meantime.
Still lost all my posts and Karma. What made me a little dissapointed was I left 2 messages at the contact us page and never received an answer. Does anyone monitor that page?
Old 12-22-2007, 08:47 AM   #5

Appalachian Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by babybear:
I had the same problem as becks. Tried to log in and couldn't. Was able to reregister under my present name so at least someone wasn't able to take it in the meantime.
Still lost all my posts and Karma. What made me a little dissapointed was I left 2 messages at the contact us page and never received an answer. Does anyone monitor that page? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lee,

Actually Lee, your original username registered on 3/19/02 under the name "Baby Bear" is still active and has 98 karma points. The one you're using now "babybear", registered on 10/5/07 has picked up 12 karma points.

If you need the password reset for the original username or want one deleted, post a request here on this thread and we'll take care of it for you. Regarding monitoring a 'contact us' page... we have folks who monitor our Webmail but often it gets slammed hard with spam and important and useful messages are lost.

It's best to post such requests here in the Technical Support and Suggestion Box forum.
Old 12-22-2007, 12:23 PM   #6
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Regarding monitoring a 'contact us' page... we have folks who monitor our Webmail but often it gets slammed hard with spam... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We do in fact have a "contact the webmaster" email link and as one of the folks that monitors it, let me apologize for apparently missing your request.

Even with Mailwasher software I am forced to "sort" through dozens upon dozens of messages to try and figure out which are legit...

Looks like Richard has you all set....

Thanks for your continued support of iRV2!

Bob Gregory
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 02:31 AM   #7
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Well it is good to see you have medators on here that care... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Our moderators and admin staff are second to none....

Seth, seeing you're somewhat new here yourself, you might not be aware that IESpell works great with iRV2....helps catch those typos we all make.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 05:40 PM   #8

Hitchhiker: Wasn't complaining, just wondering what happened. Pleae reset me to my original registration. I do a lot more listening than I do talking and still believe there is more good information exchanged here than elsewhere.
BTY: Will anyone be at the Tampa Supershow next month?
Old 12-24-2007, 01:08 AM   #9

Appalachian Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Please reset me to my original registration. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lee,

I sent you a PM, the "Baby Bear" username has been reset.

If you are abandoning the "babybear" username, please advise me here and I'll delete it. That will allow you to use the email address you have on it for the "Baby Bear" username. Each account must have a unique username.
Old 12-26-2007, 11:58 AM   #10

Hitchhiker: I'll give up babybear. Have reset password so we are good to go again.
Secondary information you have no use for: Baby Bear goes back to when I was a police officer, my CB handle.
Thanks again.
Baby Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 02:11 PM   #11

Appalachian Campers
OK, 'babybear' is deleted. Glad you got your original username back.