Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:03 PM   #1
Monaco Owners Club
Question Message subscriptions

Every time I post to a thread I am automatically subscribed to that thread. This means I get an e-mail then next time someone posts to that same thread. Since I am out on the road and have slow connections this is a bit of a pain. How can I turn it off?

Brian, Loretta & Daisy (Golden Retriever)
2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PDQ , ISL 400
2014 Ford Explorer toad
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2009, 02:09 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Click user CP on the upper nav bar
>edit options
Scroll to find Messaging & Notification and change your e-mail notification settings. Scroll and hit save.

You can also manage your current subscriptions in your user cp.
Look for List subscriptions.

1964 Airstream Overlander | 1964 Globetrotter | Blog

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:15 PM   #3
Appalachian Campers
Brian, I have the same complaint. The only thing I have figured out is to go to the 'thread tools' at the top of the and bring down the pull down. You will see "unsubscribe from this thread" (or something close to this ) Click that and you have stopped it. The notice after someone posts to a thread you have posted to is a PIA. Did you lose any numbers on the 'posts' count? I was well over a thousand, something like 1100 + and when the new formate came in I lost a large number. I am having a hard time getting to like this new software. Things that I would like to say or need to answer for someone, at times I just don't do because of the problems.
Maybe it will get better for us both.

oops looks like Janet and I were typing at the same time.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:33 PM   #4
Monaco Owners Club
Janet, I have updated my profile so hopefully that will take care of the problem.

Brian, Loretta & Daisy (Golden Retriever)
2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PDQ , ISL 400
2014 Ford Explorer toad
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:40 PM   #5
How do I get immediate notification of a post in the forums that I am subscribed to?

My profile is set to "immediate email notification", yet when I subscribe to a forum, that option does not appear in the pull down menu. What I get now are daily summaries of the subscribed forums with links to the posts. I am at a loss as to what else to do here to fix this.
2015 Tuscany 40 KQ
2013 Honda CR-V
Harry B is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:09 AM   #6
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I just changed the "thread subscription default" to "do not subscribe". This reply is a test to see if the erritating emails will stop.

Has anyone else noticed that the new software seems a lot slower than the old version. I have tried it on all three of my computers and noticed a definate slowdown. I will be on the road next week and will try it on some other internet hookups to see if there could be a problem with my local hookup.

2006 Sea Breeze LX 8341 on a Workhorse W22 Chassis with 22.5 Alcoa Alum wheels,
2011 Chevy Colorado 4X4 with Ready Brake
Glenn and Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 01:56 PM   #7
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club

What are you meaning by "slower". If you're referring to page loading & scrolling, I switched my browser from IE 7.0 to Mozilla's Firefox on my laptop. For some reason, IE 7.0 on my laptop wasn't compatible with the new VB, so I took advice from a previous post & am using Foxfire now. No slowness anymore for me. Now, my husband's desktop (much more powerful than my laptop) with IE 7.0 has no problems with the Forums. So, in my case, it was a matter of switching web browsers.

Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 03:47 PM   #8
Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
I would like to receive an email when a NEW thread is started on a forum to which I am subbed. The old software had this capability.

I suspect this has been turned off in the new software to generate page views. Is this correct??

Sarver, PA/Crystal River, FL/Shelocta, PA FMCA 335149 W3TLN
2005 Suncruiser 38R W24, no chassis mods needed 2013 Honda Accord EX-L 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote