Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-25-2010, 01:55 PM   #1

Mexico forum

I still would like to see a Mexico traveler forum on here, we have a Canuck forum, why not one for Mexico travelers. RVnet has one which is why I go there anymore, but it usually deteriorates into some jerks who don't have a clue, slamming Mexico and calling anyone who travels there stupid, and then the moderators have to spend their time deleting posts. It might take some time for people to find out about it so it might take a while to catch on though.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2010, 04:07 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
We add forums when there is sufficient demand and we see sufficient posts in another forum to support a new forum.

Unfortunately, we have not seen a lot of Mexico posts nor requests for a Mexico forum.

Route 66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 04:40 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Stanbnv: Do the words "body count" mean anything??
Old 05-25-2010, 07:31 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by two-niner View Post
See the second sentence in my post!
Old 10-28-2010, 02:21 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by two-niner View Post
I don't care who you are...that right there is funny!
Old 10-28-2010, 03:25 PM   #6

mexico Forum

Tried that a while back. Do a search for "down ole mexico way", asked very simple, and explicit questions and look what came out of the wood work.
ken
Old 10-30-2010, 11:04 PM   #7

I would not recomend anybody to travel in to Mexico at least untill a year from now, i went to Mexico every year for 17 years, last time i was there it was scary due to all the
things we already know, firs it was just drug cartel vs drug cartel but now is everybody.
the former corrupt police officers switched sides creating a ruthless band called "los zetas" and their main objetive is to terrorize, kidnape and steal from anybody that crosses their path, every mexican knows at least one person that has been kidnapped, i myself know of 2, specially is they come from the States, they think that if you live in the usa you have money, that is the sad truth of my former country, it is sad when not even a Mexican wants to travel to Mexico, at least for now...
Old 11-04-2010, 06:38 PM   #8

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Howdy,
I've got a RV friend who had to leave his motorhome down there and come back on an emergency.. When he goes back he'll fly in and I really am praying that he is able to get OUT... He loves the interior of Mexico and the people, but in 12 years he's only been taken advantage of once, THIS SUMMER.. He loves that little C-class, but I'd leave it down there and not take the chance of NOT GETTING OUT!!!!
Old 11-04-2010, 07:44 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If you want to go south of the border, by all means go. If you want to drink the water from a faucet thats okay too. I just hope that if you get yourself in deep stuff you don't come crying to the states to come bail you out. After all, we have no more money left after spending $200 million a day for others security.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:29 PM   #10

noted on web 2 days ago they found a canadians car with burned body in trunk
Old 11-05-2010, 08:10 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
www.mexicorvforums.com

Only 141 members but might help someone intent on going south.
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:03 PM   #12

The lady that cleans my shop went to mexico to see her mother because she was sick 3 months ago. They took 2 pickups filled with stuff and covered with a tarp. About 5 hours south in Mexico somewhere armed bandits blocked their path and robbed them at gun point. Took all their money, and everything in their trucks.
The only reason they left with any cash... as soon as her husband realized what was about to happen he took cash from his pocket and told his wife to stick it in her bra. They turned around and made it home with cents to spare. I can only imagine someone taking a motorhome to Mexico! It's unfortunate, but unsafe even for Mexican nationals.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:53 AM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Angry Frequently Happen to returning Nationals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staley View Post
The lady that cleans my shop went to mexico to see her mother because she was sick 3 months ago. They took 2 pickups filled with stuff and covered with a tarp. About 5 hours south in Mexico somewhere armed bandits blocked their path and robbed them at gun point. Took all their money, and everything in their trucks.
The only reason they left with any cash... as soon as her husband realized what was about to happen he took cash from his pocket and told his wife to stick it in her bra. They turned around and made it home with cents to spare. I can only imagine someone taking a motorhome to Mexico! It's unfortunate, but unsafe even for Mexican nationals.
In my many years of dealing with travelers the worst tales were from returning Mexican nationals. It appears they are targeted for crimes by both the officials and the criminals because they are so obviously coming from the U.S. loaded with goods and carry large sums of money. Lookouts at the border pick them out and call their cohorts to rob them as they go down the road.