Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-30-2006, 05:01 PM   #1

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I'm not sure if something has changed or is no longer working the same as it was.
When I access the Florida Boomer Forum within the Southeast Region, I cannot return to the Boomer forum topic listing. I have to return to the Southeast Group listing. This wouldn't be an issue except I noticed the first topic 'the Ralphie Rally' on the Boomer topic disappears from the joint topic listing.

Seems like you can't return to the Boomer topic list from the Boomer threads.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-30-2006, 05:01 PM   #2

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I'm not sure if something has changed or is no longer working the same as it was.
When I access the Florida Boomer Forum within the Southeast Region, I cannot return to the Boomer forum topic listing. I have to return to the Southeast Group listing. This wouldn't be an issue except I noticed the first topic 'the Ralphie Rally' on the Boomer topic disappears from the joint topic listing.

Seems like you can't return to the Boomer topic list from the Boomer threads.

Old 09-30-2006, 05:31 PM   #3
Administrator Emeritus

iRV2.com RV Forum Forum Categories REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES-Southeast Region Christmas Rally
Page 1 2 3 4 5

Moderators: C Driver, Hitchhiker, RV Roamer

Related Content: Florida Boomers

Dave and Jo Ann,
Let me try and explain what I think is happening in some of the forums and I'll give Bill a call Monday morning and make sure I explained it right...

In bold letters I've shown what we call "shorcutting" a topic to another,by showing the "shorcut" from the Christmas Rally topic,linking it in both the Southeast AND the Boomer area..
When we do this,in one of the topic titles you'll see the arrrow with the little turn in it...
Sometimes apparently you're catching the "shortcutted" topic, thus there will be the "related content" message showing....When you see the "related content" is the Florida Boomers, you can simply click on "Florida Boomers" and you'll be right back in the Boomer area...
I "think" we've got all of the rally info and the Ralphie posts "shortcutted" between the SE and the Florida Boomer areas and I'll give it a look to make sure...
ALSO....If you make a new topic and want it linked with the SE region,just let either Bill or I know.

Clear as mud?
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 05:37 PM   #4
Administrator Emeritus

Note....If you're already in a Florida Boomer topic,all you need do is click on the bold Florida Boomer that appears in the title after "Regional Campouts and Rallies"...

It's when the "related content" shows "Florida Boomer" that you click that one...

Old 10-02-2006, 12:09 PM   #5

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
You're right about the mud part

I'm comfortable with the two subregion (Boomer and Appalachian Camper) sites. But I'm not sure of the purpose of the overall Southeast Region site. When I go direct to the Southeast Region, I see some of the Boomer topics but not all and I guess that's the part that's got me muddied up. Looks like as long as I don't stray from within either of the individual subregions, I'm ok.

And, I just noticed, under the Southeast Region, the most recent post isn't necessarily the most recent. Right now it shows one from yesterday, but there's been a flurry of postings today within the Boomer site.

Dave
Old 10-02-2006, 12:30 PM   #6
Administrator Emeritus

Dave, that's the "muddy" part of the beast I guess, is that unless a "Boomer" topic is linked to one from the Southeast region, the "clock" on the Southeast front page won't show the new post...

Kind of a pain and I guess we could figure out a way to link every Boomer post to the Southeast,but it also gives you guys some privacy...

I'll check on it later this evening when I have time.
Old 10-03-2006, 04:53 AM   #7
Administrator Emeritus

Dave, I have now linked every "active" category in the Florida Boomer section with the Southeast topic header, so that when a post is made in the Boomer area it'll now show on the "outside" Southeast region topic...

I didn't go and link some of the older ones for time's sake, but will go back this afternoon and catch them too...All the active one's, especially the ones that Janice has jumped in,are done.

Got the old iRV2 hose out and am working on clearing up that "clear as mud" thing....
Old 10-23-2006, 03:41 PM   #8

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Bob,
I may still be a bit confused. I have bookmarked the Boomers and the Appalachian Campers. However, Southeast Region is bookmarked on my wife's computer and she noticed a post that appears there but not in the Appalachian forum. I guess I need to bookmark the Southeast Region as well so I don't miss something?

Dave of
Old 10-23-2006, 03:46 PM   #9

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Sorry this is a bit off topic but my avatar seems to have disappeared. I checked and the link looks like it's there, but no picture. It's been in place for a year or two. Do I need to upload it again?
Old 10-24-2006, 11:00 AM   #10
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Dave,

The entire contents of the photo albums was lost several months ago due to gremlins, glitches, or something lurking in cyberspace. It was an unfortunate event but the only solution was to start over.

You'll need to reload your avatar....sorry.