Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-07-2017, 02:04 PM   #43

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Here's a screen shot. Notice the sliver on the left side.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5972.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	151245  

Grower15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-07-2017, 02:33 PM   #44

Good point Alec, it took me forever to figure that one out and even then, it's very inconspicuous.

Old 02-07-2017, 02:42 PM   #45
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I responded to your other thread.
Add an App Feedback Button

The same would apply here. The app is not perfect as most aren't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grower15 View Post
Here's a screen shot. Notice the sliver on the left side.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 02:46 PM   #46

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis45 View Post
Neither my android phone or iPad used to show adds. The phone still does not and has not changed. Not so sure I'm liking this new IPad app but I guess that's progress.
Thanks for looking into this for me Cliff.
What is everyone talking about. I use my IPad on this forum and see nothing different. I see ads all the time?

Dave
FMCA F451520 - Texas Boomers - RVM#128
Daveht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 02:50 PM   #47
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We're discussing the app.

Old 02-08-2017, 04:44 AM   #48

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Yes I believe those are forgetting it's the app we are talking about while using the iPad, not logging in to the sight with Safari.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:15 AM   #49

New Formatting for IPad

Two observations on the updated app on an iPad.

First, the side panel takes up 1/3rd of the screen, there should be a way to hide that.

Second, for some reason it constantly boots me out, partly. It knows my ID and shows I'm logged in, but if I close the app and reopen it the reply box at the bottom says I don't have permission to post a reply. I have to log out, log back in a refresh. It's a real PITA.

If it helps the diagnosis any, I also don't see read / unread post markers when it's acting up either.
Old 02-20-2017, 03:40 PM   #50

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I never sign out using the app. I think I found something missing too in regards to a reply. Sometimes for me I want to hold my reply after composing it to check spelling or facts before I hit send. I could always hit cancel then it would ask to save or discard? I think that is missing best I can tell, and I think that's a big deal not to have it.
Old 02-22-2017, 07:41 AM   #51

Monaco Owners Club
Dissatisfaction with iPad interface

I have to add that I no longer use the iPad app to view irv2. I have returned to my laptop or desktop due to difficulties with navigating the new app - in particular, difficulties in identifying what I have read versus not read.

I do see a small green 'tab' on the far left that should identify new posts, but I can't seem to get the "mark this forum read" option to work correctly.

I'm a total gear-head and love new technology as an early adopter, but do not like having 2 different 'styles' when moving between the iPad vs. laptop/desktop.

Just my .02
Towing 2001 Saturn SL2
ziaptrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 03:09 PM   #52

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I've been back to using my iPhone more than my iPad because I just don't like the changes. Seldom ever use the desktop, except for looking at the classifieds. The changes have not been forced upon my iPhone yet.
Old 02-25-2017, 05:38 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziaptrn View Post
I have to add that I no longer use the iPad app to view irv2. I have returned to my laptop or desktop due to difficulties with navigating the new app - in particular, difficulties in identifying what I have read versus not read.

I do see a small green 'tab' on the far left that should identify new posts, but I can't seem to get the "mark this forum read" option to work correctly.

I'm a total gear-head and love new technology as an early adopter, but do not like having 2 different 'styles' when moving between the iPad vs. laptop/desktop.

Just my .02

If yours is misbehaving like mine is, even though it shows you ARE logged on, you have to log off and log back in each time you open the app for that to work properly.

In my case I also can't turn off the 'Daily Pick' push notification. If I turn it off, get out of 'Settings' and go back in it's turned back again.

REALLY annoying getting constant nags you can't turn off.
Old 02-25-2017, 12:58 PM   #54
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I just spoke with our tech guy and both of these issues are being addressed. They must go through Apple with these , so it will take a little time to see results.

Old 02-25-2017, 06:43 PM   #55

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I keep touching the Auto renewal irv2.com Membership thread and the New Formatting for IPad opens instead. The others open ok.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:09 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
Hi. I'm not sure if you can.

The app like all apps unfortunately have some limitations. Personally , i subscribe to the forums I follow and get instant email notifications.

Cliff

How do I subscribe to a topic I want to follow and get email notifications with this new format?