Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:25 PM   #71
Community Administrator

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
I cannot get into the chat rooms. HELP, I keep getting a message that the application failed to execute. I can get a box alright but it just says, Error, click for details. Thanks, Gene

You may need to update Java on your system (which is used to run the chat room).

You can get a free download here

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-16-2009, 09:29 PM   #72
Community Administrator

Thor Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Gene,

The forum software run as a Java applet. You will need to test to make sure you have this installed. Here is a site I found on Google for this.
http://www.javatester.org

Andy

Old 03-16-2009, 09:49 PM   #73

Threads I haven't "read" used to show in Bold and then after I'd clicked on them, they reverted to normal weight text; then if there was a new post the thread would re-revert to Bold. Now I have to click on "Forum Tools" and mark the whole forum as read to get rid of the Bold. However, if I add a reply, the thread then the header unbolds. I assume the reading of a thread should unbold the header on the Forum thread listing, and that this is on the fixit list.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:52 AM   #74

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Mothership
Really Nice!

I really like the new look and operation!!! Thanks to all for the hard work.
Mothership is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:49 PM   #75

Winnebago Owners Club
I am confused. they recognize me,ass flytyer 72001 but I cannot find anyone in the chat rooms. what am I doing wrong since since I use to be able to get into the rooms, and now when I go no one is there except I
please e-mail me
flytyer722001@yahoo.com
Old 03-19-2009, 02:47 AM   #76

Alpine Owners Club
It took 7 or 8 tries but I was finally able to sign on. I think the user name format was changed. However I (and others) liked to get all the posts for a particular forum as emails. I also got the daily digest of all forum posts. If you can't do that then you have destroyed the useability of the forums. That is a shame because this was a very valuable communication tool. If this is progress, it is BS.
Rick J Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:57 AM   #77

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Not as user friendly as the old software in my opinion. I too liked to read each post in an email.

UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 03:33 PM   #78

Alpine Owners Club
The new software seems to work great except for one issue that is especially irksome when following a thread. The pre-load, i.e., that portion of the coding that loads on every page prior to the requested content, seems to me to be vertically excessive and repetitive. On my 14 inch screen the pre-load takes up the entire screen so that I have to constantly scroll down and down to see the requested content-- such as the next post on the next page of the thread. It would be great if you could tighten that up and possibly prevent it from re-loading on subsequent pages of a thread or from thread to thread.

Norm (Oregon Coyote)
Old 03-22-2009, 01:02 PM   #79

Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick J Fisher View Post
It took 7 or 8 tries but I was finally able to sign on. I think the user name format was changed. However I (and others) liked to get all the posts for a particular forum as emails. I also got the daily digest of all forum posts. If you can't do that then you have destroyed the useability of the forums. That is a shame because this was a very valuable communication tool. If this is progress, it is BS.
Rick I am sorry you are having trouble and that apparently no one responded.

But there is a easy way to get an email notice of threads you have an interest in.

Just go the top of the page where the thread begins and click on Thread Tools then select Subscribe to this Thread. You will an email of every post made to that topic or thread. Try it
FLYTYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:09 PM   #80

Winnebago Owners Club
Hmmm, so why did the site change out the forums software? I'm out a couple months and come back to this....the new site is slower to load, all my subscriptions are lost, and it looks like links to posts by members now don't work anymore. So what is the good part, because I have not seen it yet?
Thanks, Jeff
Old 03-23-2009, 07:06 AM   #81

Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I believe the problems that are being experienced are noted by Andy and his technical staff. They are working to resolve them for us. Lost links and sticky's are a big headache.

However some of the problems are really based on learning how to use the new software. As a moderator I have had a bit of a learning curve too and sometimes it is pretty steep for me to climb.

To get your subscriptions or notifications back, read Post #79 above. Also check your profile preferences to be sure you have them set to your liking.
FLYTYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:44 AM   #82

Alpine Owners Club
Thanks, I was able to subscribe to the whole forum by clicking Forum Tools and last night I got a summary with links of all the new postings that day. No text though. I have gotten an email with the text of a post to a thread that I posted to only. Obviously they want us to go to the web site and be exposed to the ads. I can understand that but it is much more inconvenient. Since the thread listing in the forum is sorted latest posting date first, it is not too hard to scan the top 10-15 for what interests you.

Rick J Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote