Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-18-2009, 06:05 PM   #29

I don't have any issues with erratic scrolling or jumpy pics. Everything on the BB seems to work as it should.
I use a generic pc built by my grandson about four years ago and update XP and Google when prompted. I subscribe to Verizon DSL, but haven't tried logging on to the BB with my laptop, either at home or on the road. Maybe I'll drag it along to Panera's for breakfast tomorrow.
Cheers, Chuck

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2009, 10:32 AM   #30

I am not sure if I like the new software; my computer sure does not. The scroll jerks with fits and starts...I do not find that to be case on any other web sites or forums which I visit. Running XP Pro on a dual core processor with 2 gbytes memory and around 150 gbytes of extra drive space. So go figure. No other programs running in background at the time. I had to sign in twice to get to this page; had to endure the "please re-register" announcement each time.

Still the content found here makes the effort worthwhile.

Wendell

Old 03-19-2009, 10:42 AM   #31

Thor Owners Club
Thanks to all who have replied to the jerky scroll problem; appears we're not the only ones. Been busy with other things so haven't had time to mess with any changes; all other websites we go to are just fine.
Dick & Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:38 AM   #32

Dick & Pat:

With regard to the "jerky" activity of this site, it occurs to me that this site runs inside another site, and the two sites are passing info back and forth to each other as they process...the "new" software is running inside the "old" software; consequently (I conject) the right hand has to ask the left hand what to do, the left hand tells the right hand what, the right hand says "are you sure" and the left hand say "yep" and then the jerky thing does result.

I am probably all wet as usual.

Wendell
Old 03-20-2009, 02:05 PM   #33

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AA4WP View Post
Dick & Pat:

With regard to the "jerky" activity of this site, it occurs to me that this site runs inside another site, and the two sites are passing info back and forth to each other as they process...the "new" software is running inside the "old" software; consequently (I conject) the right hand has to ask the left hand what to do, the left hand tells the right hand what, the right hand says "are you sure" and the left hand say "yep" and then the jerky thing does result.

Wendell
That's the best analysis of the "jerky threads" I've read so far, Wendell..............thanks for the
Old 03-20-2009, 03:33 PM   #34

Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Dick & Pat:

Wendell
I do not believe the new software is running inside the old stuff is the root cause. I would bet on individual PC settings, browser updates, but more likely other software running behind the main window being viewed.
FLYTYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 04:17 PM   #35

Flytyer:

Could be; stanger things have happened, but, no other visible programs running in the background. Never encountered this erratic behaviour on this IRV2 forum before in the year I interacted with it before the change. I do note that when I initially sign on, the original format greets me; scroll is very smooth, no hitches. When I click the invitation to go to the new forum format, the first thing that happens is that a veil made from white and blue horizontal lines drops, like the pall of death, and from then on, jerks and fits and exasperations occur. Trying to teach me patience (to late for me, I'm 74 years old)

Wendell
Old 03-20-2009, 04:24 PM   #36

Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Flytyer:

Could be; stanger things have happened, but, no other visible programs running in the background. Never encountered this erratic behaviour on this IRV2 forum before in the year I interacted with it before the change. I do note that when I initially sign on, the original format greets me; scroll is very smooth, no hitches. When I click the invitation to go to the new forum format, the first thing that happens is that a veil made from white and blue horizontal lines drops, like the pall of death, and from then on, jerks and fits and exasperations occur. Trying to teach me patience (to late for me, I'm 74 years old)

Wendell
Well I am 73, but I'll try...

Try using this LINK instead of the "old" one !!
Old 03-20-2009, 05:44 PM   #37

No difference: 73 SK
Old 03-20-2009, 05:54 PM   #38

Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Wendell.....Golly I was sure that would fix it for you. Please, what is your PC set up, which OS, which browser, memory, cpu speed etc. ?? Do you have Norton and or AOL anti virus installed and running?
Old 03-20-2009, 10:58 PM   #39

system jumped to new empty page. no reason except I pressed the enter key??????

I give up.

Wendell
Old 03-21-2009, 08:11 AM   #40

Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I would make sure I am using the latest version of either the Firefox or IE browser , depending on which you prefer.

Also make sure you have the latest version of JAVA (free)

I would also delete all cookies and web history. You will have to manually log in on registered sites at first.

Reboot the computer.

Then with a fresh browser window use this URL: www.irv2.com/forums
Old 03-21-2009, 09:13 AM   #41

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYTYER View Post
I would make sure I am using the latest version of either the Firefox or IE browser , depending on which you prefer.

Also make sure you have the latest version of JAVA (free)

I would also delete all cookies and web history. You will have to manually log in on registered sites at first.

Reboot the computer.

Then with a fresh browser window use this URL: www.irv2.com/forums
Thank you, FLYTYER; This sounds good, will give it a try later on & let ya know if it works
Old 03-21-2009, 07:39 PM   #42

followed all suggestions to the letter. still no better.

Runnng IE7, today's JAVA, happy OS; register mechanic shows no problems... still drags along unlike any other web site forum I have used to date.

Wendell