Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-15-2011, 05:35 PM   #1

"New posts" that have no new entries

This is just a curiosity question.

I always use the "New Posts" search after I log in and also use the "Mark forums read" in Quick Links before I log out.

Occasionally, after opening "New Posts". I get to a point in the listing that says "The following threads have no new posts but have posts that were unread after your last visit" (or words to that effect).

I'm curious whay the "Mark as read" leaves things still there as unread.

As I say, just curious and not a show stopper.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2011, 07:51 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
I have seen that statement about the posts not being new but there was an additional statement that reflected these posts have not been answered and asks if possible you answer them. Check the next time and notice the posts have 0 answers.

Old 01-16-2011, 10:22 AM   #3

That's not it, Sergeant. There's one this morning with the header "The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts" that has 7 replies.

Actually, only on in this category is very low volume. Yesterday there were two pages of them, and I think all had multiple replies. As I say, not WW3, but just curious. There are quite a lot of features on ths site that don't act as I would expect, but I don't try to use them again if they're really irritating.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:24 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
My error. I have seen the same situation and have not bothered to check the posts below the message. I just clear them by Quick Link mark forums read.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:52 AM   #5
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankdamp View Post

Occasionally, after opening "New Posts". I get to a point in the listing that says "The following threads have no new posts but have posts that were unread after your last visit" (or words to that effect).
That entry (date & time) depicts the last time you signed out of 1RV2 the exact wording is
Quote:
The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts.
Would it make more sense if it said
The threads below have not been updated since your last visit and still contains unread posts.

Meaning the threads have not been read (updated) when you last signed out.

Bear in mind I could be wrong in my interpenetration but I'll try and check it out for you.
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:24 AM   #6

John:

There are many posts that aren't of interest so I don't bother reading them. I just thought that "Mark Forums read" would have set the flag to "Read" on them all. I started out my RV web reading on RV.net and that's how their "Mark as Read" function works.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:15 AM   #7
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I just tried a all forums read then logged off then back on and the line shows
Quote:
The threads below have not been updated since your last visit or since forums have been marked read.
so I'm guessing there will always be a line of of some sort denoting the last time you logged out.

I had to hunt a bit to find the mark all forums read button since it's not something I normally use, thanks for getting up to speed on it.

See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote