Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-07-2008, 07:10 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I cannot seem to get right with the new threads since last check in. I have deleted and replaced my cookies, and I still get new notices on my already read posts. Any ideas?
Joe

JWatkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2008, 07:10 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I cannot seem to get right with the new threads since last check in. I have deleted and replaced my cookies, and I still get new notices on my already read posts. Any ideas?
Joe

Old 12-10-2008, 04:56 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
When I logged back in this evening everything is listed as unread....4,645 posts. Makes it difficult to sort through where I've been and haven't yet.

Dick
Dick & Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 05:03 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
I will bring it to the attn of a couple of people so they can report it to the Eve/Groupee folks...But... can you please also list what you are running on your computer (browser..etc) because I am showing only 55 messages when I do 'new since last visit' - and it may be info that they might need

(sounds like you have a LOT of catching up to do! )

MM
MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 05:16 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
PS.. Please delete your cookies ..and then try again... for some reason - dumping cookies seems to be the magical cure for all that ails our computers here... kinda like "Chicken Soup for Our Computers"..so to say...
MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 05:54 PM   #6
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
JWatkins,

The cookie settings are what tells your computer what posts to bring up for the 'New Since Last Visit". If you clear them each time you log off or before logging back onto iRV2, you'll get the excessive number of posts such as described above.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:24 PM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have cleared my cookies and it doesn't seem to change anything. I am running Mozilla Firefox.
Joe
Old 12-11-2008, 03:56 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I run Fire Fox at home and IE at work and no problems with the "New since Last Visit". Check your settings to be sure you do not have the box checked to clear cookies on exit. This is under internet options.

You should stuill have IE on your computer. Try working the site with IE for a day and see how it behaves.

Even if it brings up pages of New Since Last Visit, they are in order and just scolll backwrards until you reach the time you were last logged on.

Ken
Old 12-11-2008, 04:08 AM   #9

I think there may be two other factors at work in how the "New Since Last Visit" appears to function:

1. It is based upon a single date + time stamp, not a setting on/in individual posts.
2. There is a window of time during which the same list will appear. It may be perhaps about one hour during which the list essentially stays the same (with regards to 'old' stuff you have already seen). This may be so that you can continue to browse the same list even if you are disconnected temporarily.

I also use FireFox, and it works well for me.

My signature used to include a link to my personal web-site - - - however:
DavidMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 07:13 PM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks to everyone. I cleared my cookies again and now it appears to have started working. I checked my settings and they were ok. Just another mystery...
Joe
Old 12-13-2008, 05:29 AM   #11

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
Clear your cache...

Google Chrome - Click the Tools Icon and click on "Clear browsing data..." I check everything except "Clear saved passwords", select "Everything" in the Clear data from this period and click "Clear Browser Browser Data"

FireFox - First click Tools, Options, Privacy. Now click "Settings" in Private Data and select the items you what cleared. I select evreything except "Saved passwords" and select OK. Now select Tools again and click on "Clear Private Data"

IE - Click Tools or the Tools icon and select Internet Options. On the Genera Tab select the settings in the "Browser history" and set your preferences and click ok. Now click delete.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:52 AM   #12

You can also clear the cache by holding down the CTRL key and click the Reload Page icon.

Don't know if your drivers or installed software is up to date? You might look at the following:

Driver Dectective
Radar Sync
Driver Agent

Although Driver Dectecive and Driver Agent are fee based software they both allow you to scan your system so you know what is back level. Radar Sync is free.

File Hippo Update Checker

This program is free... File Hippo is a great site to find and download software.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:28 AM   #13

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks Oemy. That will go into my "things to know " book.
Joe
Old 12-14-2008, 09:48 AM   #14

One last tip... For those that use IE you can open Internet Options, go to the Advanced tab and scroll down to Security and check a box to Clear the IE Cache/Temp file when IE is closed.