Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-09-2009, 06:47 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
not able to log on from AOL

I have to switch to internet explorer to sign on, cant sign on from AOL ......are there any aol users in here having that problem?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2009, 07:13 PM   #2
South East Texas Area Leaders

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Steve: I had the same problems all day long, I had to use Internet explorer also. Hopefully they will get the bug worked out with AOL:(

MikenAmber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:23 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I had problems, went into Explorer and erased all cookies and then went back on through AOL and it worked!
Old 03-09-2009, 07:44 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Glad im not alone. Tried deleting cookies didnt work.

The tech staff is on the problem.

They have been quite helpful and I think this problem should be worked out soon.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:34 PM   #5
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Taken from AOL info FAQ site:
=====
Q. I am still getting old pages and I am certain that the site has been updated, how do I clear my BROWSER CACHE?
A. Even though AOL's Proxy cache is updated every 24 hours, a member can clear their Browser Cache and force the reload of a page. This is done by either reducing the browser History to "0" and manually clearing all pages in history by deleting the files in the temporaty internet files tolder located in the Windows Directory or PC users can force a refresh by holding down the CONTROL key on their keyboard and mouse clicking on the AOL browser reload icon. The latter will completely clear all items in history.
========

Having worked in the computer security field for 12+ years, we called it Almost On Line

Edited: Following from www.webopedia.com

"(proŽksē cash) (n.) Also referred to as a Web proxy, a function of a proxy server that caches retrieved Web pages on the server's hard disk so that the page can be quickly retrieved by the same or a different user the next time that page is requested. The proxy cache eases bandwidth requirements and reduces delays that are inherent in a heavily trafficked, Internet-connected network. Because the page is stored locally on the proxy server, the page is delivered to the next request at local network speeds. The proxy cache also is advantageous when browsing multiple pages of the same Web site. The proxy cache also stores all of the images and sub-files for the visited pages, so if the user jumps to a new page within the same site that uses, for example, the same images, the proxy cache has them already stored and can load them into the user's browser quicker than having to retrieve them from the server's remote site."

So when you are on AOL and search for something, you may get the cached pages of someone who searched before you, or one of your old 24 hour searches. I personally try to avoid proxy servers and I also clear my cache frequently. If you have a favorite home page, try not logging into the internet and fire up your web browser. You may be surprised to see that your home page comes up unless you have some cache clearing options in place.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:29 AM   #6

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Steve:
Ihave tried everthing AOL said to do and still hvae problems signing on thru AOL. I can get on however; every time I try to post, etc. it says I'm not authorized and ask to sign on again, still not working. I'm sure Andy and his crew will get the BUG worked out, IE works fine no problem at all.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:05 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Mike I am at the same point as you where as I can sign on via aol but still not able to reply to posts.

Almost there.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:53 AM   #8
Community Administrator

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikenAmber View Post
Steve:
Ihave tried everthing AOL said to do and still hvae problems signing on thru AOL. I can get on however; every time I try to post, etc. it says I'm not authorized and ask to sign on again, still not working. I'm sure Andy and his crew will get the BUG worked out, IE works fine no problem at all.
This sounds like a cookie handling issue. Our site exchanges little bits of data called cookies with your computer to keep you logged in at page changes. Many virus protection programs or your computers own safety settings (if set very high) may be deleting these cookies when you navigate away from a page and then you get logged off. You can try the following things:

1. Set your system security settings to medium.
2. Be sure that you have enabled cookie handling.
3. Check you Virus protection software (especially Macaffee users) and be sure that cookie handling is not being blocked there - you can specifically allow cookie exchange with our site.
4. When you log into the forums be sure to check the "remember me" box in the login dialog box.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:10 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
I will simply just use Explorer while dipping my cookies in milk until the problem sorts it self out.

I will add that I find this new site to me a little more user friendly then the old one.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:55 PM   #10

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Same here Steve, it's just as easy and faster to log on to IE and get thru with no problem.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:58 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
If you are reading this reply it means that I have signed on using AOL and its working.

Thanks to who ever is responsible for the fix.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:48 PM   #12

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Steve: I signed on AOL again today, it says I'm logged on however: it also says I can NOT post reply, etc. I have cleared all cookies on both AOL and IE, I'm on IE now and everthing is working. I use HS DSL thru ATT and Vista Premium OS. AOL says it should work but it doesn't. What's your trick, Thanks
Old 03-12-2009, 03:19 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You know what they say AOL stands for?.....

Almost
On
Line.

Just could not resist the jab.

Ken
Old 03-12-2009, 03:53 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Mike I didnt do anything. I just kept trying until it worked.

almost on line is now always on line

Steve