Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-11-2007, 07:31 AM   #1

Not sure if this is the correct place to post. I am trying to place an ad in the classifieds section and place a picture of our Winnebago. Each time I get an error saying the image is too big and should be no bigger than 1000KB.

How can I resize a 1.0MB to fit or how do I take a picture of the correct size?

Thanks
Wayne

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-11-2007, 07:31 AM   #2

Not sure if this is the correct place to post. I am trying to place an ad in the classifieds section and place a picture of our Winnebago. Each time I get an error saying the image is too big and should be no bigger than 1000KB.

How can I resize a 1.0MB to fit or how do I take a picture of the correct size?

Thanks
Wayne

Old 01-11-2007, 07:57 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Here's a post by RV Roamer regarding this specific subject:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">One of the Microsoft Windows Power Toys is a fast and simple Picture Resizer. Works like a champ. It puts an entry in the right click context menu for photos, so it is always handy when you need it.

Scroll Down to Image Resizer </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just downloaded this but haven't tried it yet. Let us know how it works if you decide to use it.

Rusty
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 08:01 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
In Windows you can use "paint" or if you have Office installed you can use "photo editor" to resize a picture. There are many other programs that will do it as well but the free stuff in windows should help you out. If you are using a MAC, I can't help.
Rick 2005 Dolphin 5376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 03:20 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Each time I get an error saying the image is too big and should be no bigger than 1000KB. How can I resize a 1.0MB to fit or how do I take a picture of the correct size? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1000KB is the same as 1.0MB but the resizer posted by RustyJC should come in handy anyway.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:42 PM   #6

Thanks for the suggestions. Actually the photo was 1.07MB therefore the error message. I downloaded the Power Toy resizer but when I tried to open the program all I got was a "Read Me" banner which was little help. Will try that again later.

I was able to get into another Windows resize utility and was able to get it down small enough to put in the ad, but now it is too small . Oh well, if at first you don't succeed, use the T&E method. I'll keep at it untill I get it right !
Old 01-11-2007, 06:24 PM   #7

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by redeldo:
I was able to get into another Windows resize utility and was able to get it down small enough to put in the ad, but now it is too small . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
When I "right click" on a photo, using the Windows XP version, I get a menu that asks which of 4 sizes I want the picture to be, so I choose how large or how small I can make it.

2002 Thor Tahoe 23FBGL TT, 28'
Paul Heuvelhorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 06:29 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by redeldo:
Thanks for the suggestions. Actually the photo was 1.07MB therefore the error message. I downloaded the Power Toy resizer but when I tried to open the program all I got was a "Read Me" banner which was little help. Will try that again later. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You don't open the Power Toy resizer per se. Rather, when you right-click on an image, you'll see an additional option to "Resize Image". If you select this, there are 4 size options available.

Rusty
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 01:03 PM   #9

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
I use Irfan View... You can resize and reduce the resolution to reduce the total size to less than 100k (great for dial up). Great for the web but really poor for printing.