Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-02-2006, 08:20 AM   #1

Ok, so, I've mastered the upload process. But just how often does any photo not get approved?

Like no other place that I know of has problems with photos uploaded by member.

I have just one day off today and I offered to upload to here and talk the owner of the subject of the photos how to post to a thread. Now, it probably won't happen.

This is really a great way to discourage use of the photo hosting feature!!!!

Is this really important?

Little Kopit is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2006, 08:20 AM   #2

Ok, so, I've mastered the upload process. But just how often does any photo not get approved?

Like no other place that I know of has problems with photos uploaded by member.

I have just one day off today and I offered to upload to here and talk the owner of the subject of the photos how to post to a thread. Now, it probably won't happen.

This is really a great way to discourage use of the photo hosting feature!!!!

Is this really important?

Old 12-02-2006, 08:39 AM   #3
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Your photos are approved, I'm not sure why you're concerned.

The approval process was put into place due to spammers and low life type people uploading offensive materials. We feel obligated to prevent this type of stuff from infiltrating iRV2.

If you're inconvenienced, please accept our sincere apology, but we will continue the approval process.

The photos are reviewed several times daily and those meeting our TOS and Rules are approved, offensive material is deleted.
Old 12-02-2006, 08:49 AM   #4

I have never had them approved this fast. It used to just be in the morning.

I still would like to know what percentage get deleted.

Old 12-02-2006, 09:25 AM   #5
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I still would like to know what percentage get deleted </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We don't record that data.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:21 AM   #6
Administrator Emeritus

While we don't have any way to track the photos that aren't approved, I really can't remember the last time I disapproved an actual member's pic.
I did go and pull up some statistics, thought they'd be interesting to see....

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>Registered Users 1,326 Comments/Ratings 410
Image Space Used 876.7 mb Total Photos 3,228
Total Views 1,123,877[/list]
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 11:30 AM   #7

You're rather confirming what I thought. Even with spam at rather a high for successes in breaking through many firewalls, right now, few try to post 'deletable' stuff.

I, for one, don't go browse the Photo section, unless someone points me to something specific. I wish more pictures were included in threads. Or, it would be nice to have the stories together with the pics.

Old 12-02-2006, 03:46 PM   #8
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Little Kopit:
You're rather confirming what I thought. Even with spam at rather a high for successes in breaking through many firewalls, right now, few try to post 'deletable' stuff.

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Spam from NON-members is the issue....members usually don't post spam.</span>

I, for one, don't go browse the Photo section, unless someone points me to something specific. I wish more pictures were included in threads. Or, it would be nice to have the stories together with the pics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is NO reason why photos couldn't be included more in posts, the capability exists for EVERY member to post a photo in a post, with the only criteria for posting a photo being that the photo must be "hosted" on the internet somewhere and not on a member's hard drive.
That is the nature of the internet basd forum we use.

I LOVE to see photos in posts.....especially when dealing with RV issues.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote