Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-16-2017, 12:27 PM   #15
RVM99

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
As Janet notes in the first post, there is no charge to store photos here at iRV2.
But non-supporters are limited in how many they can post, no?

bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2017, 12:39 PM   #16
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Currently 50MB

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 01:00 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
Currently 50MB
Too bad the poster can't delete old photos ....
Old 07-16-2017, 01:01 PM   #18
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
There is no limit for storing photos in the photo section.

There is a limit for attaching photos in posts no matter where they are stored except for Supporters.

They will never reach their limit.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 01:07 PM   #19
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
That would upset the thread it was posted in. It's bad enough that a lot will be lost due to offsite storage facilities. We don't need to add anymore to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceisla View Post
Too bad the poster can't delete old photos ....

Old 07-16-2017, 01:28 PM   #20

Quote:
That would upset the thread it was posted in. It's bad enough that a lot will be lost due to offsite storage facilities. We don't need to add anymore to it.
Since an image can no longer be controlled by the contributor, that implies an unlimited license to use. I.E., the Forum now has total control of the image (stored on the Forum site) regardless of whether the contributor is still a member of the Forum. That's not obvious to the contributor. That situation wasn't true when using an outside image hosting site.
Old 07-16-2017, 01:58 PM   #21
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Not quite sure what you're referring to, but members can delete photos from our photo section.

Members can link to photos stored in our photo section.

Members cannot and never could delete photos from posts, no matter where they were stored.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 02:57 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
Not quite sure what you're referring to, but members can delete photos from our photo section.

Members can link to photos stored in our photo section.

Members cannot and never could delete photos from posts, no matter where they were stored.

If a photo is deleted on an offsite image hosting service, and that photo was accessible via a link to that offsite service, it is no longer visible on the Forum. Effectively, it was deleted from the Forum. I (the contributor) have control of that photo under those circumstances. I'm not trying to pick a fight ... just pointing out that when a contributor includes a photo in a post (by uploading to the Forum) they lose control of that photo ... not obvious at the time the photo is uploaded.
Old 07-16-2017, 04:32 PM   #23

Tried my first upload to the album and it came back with "file size exceeded"

Not sure what to do.
Old 07-16-2017, 04:41 PM   #24
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
See post #7 on this link.
Forums 101 - posting, photos, accounts, basics

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierrun View Post
Tried my first upload to the album and it came back with "file size exceeded"

Not sure what to do.

Old 07-16-2017, 05:10 PM   #25
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Members lose control of a photo if they host it on some photo hosting site, they link to it in a post here & that site changes its terms. If a member hosts a photo in iRV2's Photo section & links to it in a post, they do have control over it. If they remove it from iRV2's Photo section, then it is gone from the post.

What they don't have control over is editing said post past the 1 hour edit window for posts.

Lori-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 05:11 PM   #26

Quote:

Click Browse... then select the file to be uploaded. Be sure that the photo is appropriately sized. 620 x 620 pixels (or smaller) and no more than 100K. Forums software will automatically reduce the size, but smaller size photos will upload much faster. You may select several photos to upload at the same time by repeating the last step.

Forum software apparently did not reduce the size. I don't know how to reduce the pixel size. It has shown pending upload for about 30 minutes. Maybe it will eventually reduce the size.

I'm going to try another hosting site now that photobucket is out.
Old 07-16-2017, 05:56 PM   #27
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierrun View Post
.... I don't know how to reduce the pixel size...
There are tons of free photo reducer programs out on the internet. Also, if you right click on your photo, then on Edit, your device should have a built in editor you can use.

Lori-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 06:35 PM   #28
IC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
You will need to have your DSLR memory card connected to your PC/MAC and then go into your Amazon Prime account. From there, create an album. Then upload pictures from your PC/MAC via the memory card. Once those pictures are uploaded, assign them to an album, one you just created or already existing. Then click on the picture and look for the "link" icon in the upper right of the web browser. Click on the link icon, and a pop-up window will appear that allows you to get the "share link" URL.

The link below my picture on this post is the general share link on Amazon which is via the pop-up window. For the IMG tags to display the picture directly in my post, I copied the actual URL from the web browser while viewing my picture on Amazon and used IMG tags in this forum as though I was posting a picture.

Here is a picture I took in Moab with my Nikon D90 -

Advantage here for Amazon Prime members is there is no extra charge as you've already paid for it via your yearly membership. If you go to something like Smugmug, there will probably be a monthly/yearly charge to host pictures. Also, make sure they allow for third party links... which is what PB stopped allowing for free. I thought I read that Smugmug does not allow the third party hosting... but please verify that.
Thanks for the insight

Been puttering with it but really haven't had enough time today to get it all sunk in yet. I did upload a couple photos to Prime from my 'puter though, just have to get to the next step to show it on the site.

Always enjoy Moab area photos - we have bunch from two years ago tho only a few from last year

Tags
forum