Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-26-2015, 02:27 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Pop up ads in posts

Haven't been on iRV2 in a while. But are pop up advertisements now placed on a individuals posting...?
Thought it may be a web site malfunction, as the ads appear and disappear.
I understand that this site uses ads to support the cost...fine. But putting them on a members post is a bit much ...don't yeah think...!
skypilot_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2015, 02:37 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Pop up ads in posts

That would be a bit much and it's not the case. I assume you're logged in when this is happening. You may want to clear your browser of irv2 history to see if this clears it up. Do you use any type of ad blocker on your computer ?

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 09:17 PM   #3

I got excited and thought you meant pop up tent trailers!
pismocouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 06:59 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
That would be a bit much and it's not the case. I assume you're logged in when this is happening. You may want to clear your browser of irv2 history to see if this clears it up. Do you use any type of ad blocker on your computer ?
I am seeing these obnoxious ads when I link in from an email notice and often I am not logged in at the time. Even under those conditions finding an ad stuck in my post is beyond acceptable.

I may just quit this forum altogether, if this continues, as I have plenty of other places to go that are nowhere near as loaded with ads that seem to get around my ad blocker.
Paul Rocking down the road in our '12 Phaeton 36QSH, (in service May 2012 ) We tow an '11 4 dr Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon a 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk - Read my blog at https://goldberg-online.net/
xctraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 07:01 AM   #5
Community Administrator

You can avoid this by being logged in.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 07:16 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Most internet providers have a AdBlock, AdRemover or simular name app/tool/extension. Chrome has removed thousands for me. We're on a limited broadband (Gigs) program with our cell phone WiFi. It helps reduce usage.
Old 09-22-2015, 07:43 AM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot_1 View Post
Haven't been on iRV2 in a while. But are pop up advertisements now placed on a individuals posting...?
I understand that this site uses ads to support the cost...fine. But putting them on a members post is a bit much ...don't yeah think...!

I use an iPhone exclusively for my irv2 activity. I'm always logged on, never log off. I've never seen a pop up add appear. Maybe it's a Microsoft or Android issue.

Jim & Shirley & Abbie (Scottie)
2013 Newmar Canyon Star 3911
2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Toad
2013 Newmar Canyon Star 3911, 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan - Braun Accessibility Modified Toad, Remco Lube Pump, 5 Star Tune, Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C, Coach Net Emergency Road Service, FMCA 378968
Jim T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 07:50 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
You can avoid this by being logged in.
I understand. Quite often I receive an email notice of a response and all I want to do is take a look at the response to decide whether I want to take the extra clicks to log in (I have checked "keep me logged in" but after a reboot or shut down of the browser I find myself logged off).

I find I will be far less likely to participate in irv2 as I devote my interests and time to rv.net and tiffinrvnetwork which have not yet gone to these obnoxious ads INSIDE a post.
Paul Rocking down the road in our '12 Phaeton 36QSH, (in service May 2012 ) We tow an '11 4 dr Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon a 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk - Read my blog at https://goldberg-online.net/
xctraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 09:32 AM   #9
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
If you don't want to log in, the ads are the necessary evil.

I don't know about tiffin, but for lurkers on rvnet the ads are between the posts. Granted they're not "in" the posts, but they are there none the less. You can't get away from the ads unless you install an adblocker.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 12:41 PM   #10

If everyone installed an ad blocker, what's the purpose of the ads?
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 02:27 PM   #11
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot_1 View Post

Use the official IRV2 app and NO ADS appear anywhere !

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1442953623.418147.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	153.0 KB
ID:	107672
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 05:59 PM   #12
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
If everyone installed an ad blocker, what's the purpose of the ads?
They're for all the spam bots lurking on the site. If you ever notice it's nearly 3 to 1 the number of guests vs members in the statistics section. Those aren't all real people lurking. Let those spam bots suffer with the ads.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote