Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-31-2006, 04:07 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thought I might get some ideas from anyone here who is more PC-savvy than I....

I have a new Dell 1505 notebook PC. With this notebook, I cannot post new messages on IRV2.com, create private messages, or reply to threads...I can use the 'quick reply' function. I do not have these issues with either of my desktop PC's at home, my PC at work, or an older Dell Insprion 1150 notebook. I do not have similar problems on other message boards, only this one.

I have inquired with forum administrators and all my permissions are correct, I have checked my security settings, deleted cookies, used Window Washer, and still have problems.

Anyone suggestions would be appreciated.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-31-2006, 04:07 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Thought I might get some ideas from anyone here who is more PC-savvy than I....

I have a new Dell 1505 notebook PC. With this notebook, I cannot post new messages on IRV2.com, create private messages, or reply to threads...I can use the 'quick reply' function. I do not have these issues with either of my desktop PC's at home, my PC at work, or an older Dell Insprion 1150 notebook. I do not have similar problems on other message boards, only this one.

I have inquired with forum administrators and all my permissions are correct, I have checked my security settings, deleted cookies, used Window Washer, and still have problems.

Anyone suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 01-01-2007, 03:07 PM   #3

Triple E Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Am I correct in assuming that when you say that you can't "reply" that you don't get the reply window into which to key your response?
Which browser/version are you using? Is it set to block pop-ups?
Canuck

300HP Cat 3126E, 6Sp Allison
Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 03:41 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Canuck:

I'm using Internet Explorer ver. 6.0. The 'reply' window opens, but it is blank without the normal icons/toolbar and I cannot enter text. I am using my Dell Inspiron 1150 now, pop-up blocker is 'On' and I am having no problems. I will try the Dell 1505 with pop-up blocker turned off. I had not tried that.

The Dell 1505 also has XP Professional OS vs. the XP Home on my other computers at home...would there be an issue with that?

Thanks.
Old 01-01-2007, 04:49 PM   #5

Triple E Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
smlranger,
Have you changed any of the display settings in the control panel?
Have you tried opening the IRV2 website in Firefox?
Canuck

Old 01-02-2007, 02:23 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Canuck:

Tried with Pop up blocker off, still doesn't work. All I get is a blank open reply window with a message in the lower left corner that says 'error on page.' I am responding now using the yellow arrow 'quick reply' function which works fine.

Since I have no problems with any other message boards, would not suspect my display settings are a problem.

You lost me on Firefox. Is that a different browser?

Thanks for hanging in on this....I use this notebook when I travel and it makes it difficult to use IRV2.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:18 PM   #7
Administrator Emeritus

Firefox is indeed a different browser....usually opts out of "Flash" attachments...
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 04:27 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Mozilla Firefox is a free down load and I use it a lot. Seems to runfaster and fewer problems thna IE 6.0. Recently went with IE 7 and so far it is OK and not causing any major issues.

You can download Firefox and instal it on the same computer and try it along with IE.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 07:13 AM   #9

Triple E Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
smlranger,
Here are few things to check/try going for simple to not so simple:
1. In IE6, under Tools/Internet Options, select the Accessibility button and ensure that none of the options for formatting are checked.
2. Still under Tools/Internet Options, select the Advanced tab and in the Browsing section ensure that "Display a notification about every script error" is not checked.
3. Under the Security section of the Advanced tab, ensure that "Empty Temporary Internet Files fold when browser is closed" -is- checked.
4. Run the IE Fix utility that can be downloaded from http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFIX.htm
Please note that this application requires VB6 to be on your computer. In the event that it is not, then you can download the most recent version of VB6 here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyi...BF629&displaylang=en

Let us know how you do.

Canuck