Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-06-2011, 02:26 PM   #1

Posting photos inline rather than as attachments

After reading Allison's wonderful "Moya" message with the great photos interspersed with text, I wanted to do the same with my photos. I've been able to use attachments, but my attempts to mix text and images isn't aren't working.

I have tried using the little mountain button (Insert Image) then pasting the URL to the photo in my IRV2 photo album and I've also tried pasting the URL into the message and putting [IMG] and [/IMG] tags around it, but I don't get any images.

I'm using Firefox 3.something on a Windows 7 machine. Obviously I'm doing something wrong and I'd surely like to figure out what it is.

Thanks,

liz
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2011, 02:34 PM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Liz I used my Photobucket account for the URL that I pasted in (when clicking on the image mountain button).

If you don't already have an account there, Photobucket free and easy to use. Upload your pix to photobucket, and then click the "Direct Link" button below each picture to copy the specific URL for that photo. Paste in the appropriate spot; the pix will show up as you compose your post.

Hope this made sense!

Allison

Senior Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:51 PM   #3

Allison,

Thanks. I have a Flickr account so that would probably work. I was just hoping I could use the URLs for the photos in my IRV2 albums.

liz
Old 06-06-2011, 04:00 PM   #4
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
See post #7 in this thread;

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f62/forum...ics-49134.html

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:04 PM   #5

Route 66,

Been there, done that, didn't work. That's why I asked the question. I'm going to try with the photos in a Flickr account.

liz
Old 06-06-2011, 04:58 PM   #6

Allison,

I figured out how to do it from Flickr. Had to get the BBCode, paste it into the irv editor window, edit out some extra URLs and leave just the IMG code. Got my update to my Alumscape project posted now. Enjoyed your Moya post, learned something from it and this experiment, and appreciate your very prompt help.

liz
Old 06-06-2011, 05:01 PM   #7

Anthony Weiner should have followed this thread HA
Perry White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:24 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Bring up the photo that you have on any website...right click on the image and then select Copy Image Location. In the iRV2 window, for the image link, paste the image location there.

This works for me.

Kren
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:29 PM   #9

Kren,

It didn't work for me that way for some reason, but I've figured out how to make it work now.

liz
Old 06-06-2011, 05:33 PM   #10
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibbyLA View Post
I was just hoping I could use the URLs for the photos in my IRV2 albums.

You can. Right click on the photo from your iRV2 album & click on Properties. Highlight & copy the URL address. Type [img] & then paste the URL you just copied. Type [/img]

Interspersed with descriptions of the pictures, what you get would look something like this:

New booth trim:

Door trim:

Slide trim:

....etc.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:44 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Libby, we are in Shreveport. through tomorrow. If you want to take a day trip up here, I can show you how to do the photo add... After that we will be in Livingston, TX.

Ken....I can't type...Kren was wrong.
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:22 AM   #12

Ken,

Thanks for the kind offer, but I teach my first summer school class at LSU this morning so couldn't make the trip even if I were so inclined. I HATE to drive, and a trip from Baton Rouge to Shreveport and back would be a pretty long day trip .

liz
Old 06-11-2011, 07:59 PM   #13

Lori,

Your post helped me figure out what I was doing wrong. The key was to view the photo, right-click to get Properties, then copy the URL from properties. I was copying the URL from the address bar.

I knew I had to be making a simple mistake.

Thanks for all the help, everyone.

liz